Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Having beers with Peter Louis?
With Harold Johnson*.
Who firmly believes there's a wrong to be righted.

*Our 1st coach, sacked a few rounds in.
Another outsider.
From Souffs.
At a guess a Ouija board needed for communique with Harold.

That email definitely won't put out any fires currently being lit all over the place.

Sounds like TB has one foot at least out the door and nit's not a matter of if but when
Good and don't let the door hit him on the way out .......

Good and don't let the door hit him on the way out .......

You’d be happy BUT what does the future hold after this happens.

And don’t say 2V or Ha$ler as their bridges are certainly burnt.

Cleary is staying at West’s.

So the only “ Manly Man” I can think of is , oh god help us.

Scott Fulton

To be fair I think the whole club thought that!!

It was reported at the time that Pearce was going to come to Manly, he had verbally (and possibly in writing) agreed to it.....until someone got in his ear telling him that we were about to be hit with a salary cap penalty. Next thing we know he had signed with Newcastle.

The fact is that a person or persons within the NRL didn't want him coming here. Releasing Blake Green without a signed replacement was dumb, but I still think we were sabotaged by the NRL itself. Not only was the league about to hit us with what I also believe is a frivolous penalty, but they were warning players not to sign with us.

In the unlikely event Twenty does leave/is pushed who would be the one breaking these 'iron-clad' RL contracts? Twenty or the Penns?
I can't imagine the Penns paying out Twenty for a season and having to stump up bi money for a replacement.
I can't imagine Twenty walking out without a job to go to. But if he did surely he could be sued by the Penns?
I'm tipping (without any inside knowledge) that the status quo will remain and Twenty will still be in charge in 2019.
On of the journo's said that they thought that Barrett's recent contract had clauses in it about him being able to leave if certain things were not fixed up

If this is the case and they haven't been done by now then the Penns could be paying out the remaining term of his contact

The only administrator I have any faith in at Manly ATM is Lyle. The missive he sent to us is exactly how the club should respond to such media speculation.
Having spent my working career in media, PR and communication professions Lyle is following correct procedures. He is corresponding to us, which we all want, and he is not being reactionary.
If this club has any chance of surviving - the closing of the Leagues Club next May being the latest casualty - then I believe Lyle is our only hope.

The only administrator I have any faith in at Manly ATM is Lyle. The missive he sent to us is exactly how the club should respond to such media speculation.
Having spent my working career in media, PR and communication professions Lyle is following correct procedures. He is corresponding to us, which we all want, and he is not being reactionary.
If this club has any chance of surviving - the closing of the Leagues Club next May being the latest casualty - then I believe Lyle is our only hope.
Exactly right. Stakeholder management 101: never confirm nor deny anything unless you are 100% sure. He's merely stating the facts that are on hand without feeding the speculation. What this response does tell us is that there is some conflict between Baz and the club but the extent of it might not be as drawn out as the media are making it out to be. I don't think Baz will leave the club. Every message we've heard from him indicates that he cares enough about the team and the club to stick with them.

The amount of talent in 2 of the sides below us is greater so there is a lot more to is than that.

and a lot of our talent have been sitting in the stands this year.
Which 2?
Eels no
Dogs no
Titans no
Cowboys aarguable but I'd say with Scott and JT cooked it's pretty Even

Exactly right. Stakeholder management 101: never confirm nor deny anything unless you are 100% sure. He's merely stating the facts that are on hand without feeding the speculation. What this response does tell us is that there is some conflict between Baz and the club but the extent of it might not be as drawn out as the media are making it out to be. I don't think Baz will leave the club. Every message we've heard from him indicates that he cares enough about the team and the club to stick with them.

Another view of the situation and may well be the right one.

Somewhere above I made mention that if you were Twenty you’d be absolutely bonkers to leave unless he had a 100% guarantee of a job elsewhere.

Ok to get sacked you get your money but just to walk out , and get nada would be plain dumb!!

Which 2?
Eels no
Dogs no
Titans no
Cowboys aarguable but I'd say with Scott and JT cooked it's pretty Even

Eels tipped by many to be top 4 before the start of the year so Eels big YES.

Cows have the 9th immortal as well as a lot of rep players

And in breaking news........................................

Twenty GOOOOOOOooooorne

Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne is set to join the high flying Sea Eagles as captain / coach in 2019.

The 'Hayne Plane' has reassured owners the Penn family that he is capable of covering every position from 1 to 13

You heard here first :think::think::think: :party::party::party:

You’d be happy BUT what does the future hold after this happens.

And don’t say 2V or Ha$ler as their bridges are certainly burnt.

Cleary is staying at West’s.

So the only “ Manly Man” I can think of is , oh god help us.

Scott Fulton
There has to be someone better than TB available before we hit the "Scott Fulton" button ...... but who knows? I like sausage rolls, a lot. Maybe I am clutching at straws but I really just want the club to feel and play like Manly again and to at least feel like we are heading in a good direction again. I don't blame TB for everything but he's part of the problem ...

There has to be someone better than TB available before we hit the "Scott Fulton" button ...... but who knows? I like sausage rolls, a lot. Maybe I am clutching at straws but I really just want the club to feel and play like Manly again and to at least feel like we are heading in a good direction again. I don't blame TB for everything but he's part of the problem ...

Don’t disagree but I wonder who ??

Especially given the owners don’t seem to give a rats any more.

I’m thinking frying pan / Fire.

This is why I’ve taken the stance I have , not that I’m a Trent lover BUT more if he gets sacked who do we get as replacement!!

a quick search shows that Cows were 2nd favourites and Eels 5th in premiership betting just prior to season starting.
JT is past it this year, Brandy called it early he copped some slack but proven right. You can't honestly say the eels roster is better then ours. Of there side 3-4 would be lucky to make our top 17.

And in breaking news........................................

Twenty GOOOOOOOooooorne

Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne is set to join the high flying Sea Eagles as captain / coach in 2019.

The 'Hayne Plane' has reassured owners the Penn family that he is capable of covering every position from 1 to 13

You heard here first :think::think::think: :party::party::party:
So no entering negotiations to buy the joint as well?
He could move us to San Francisco and in true Gladstone spirit become the 69ers.
I'm sure it's always been his wet dream....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8