ASADA Going Shark Fishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Tweet from Buzz

I'm told 6 of the Sharks players chosen for Sunday's game against Titans have been offered 6-month suspensions for early guilty pleas

The 6 players named in the team this week who were part of the 2011 squad - Ricky Leutele, Mathew Wright, Wade Graham, Paul Gallen, John Morris & Anthony Tupou.

Like 50% I'm confused (the other 50% dont give a stuff). So in 2011 these drugs were legal and then during the year they became illegal. ASADA thinks they may have taken them after the change in classification but no proof, otherwise they would ban them now.ASADA is saying plead guilty and u get 6 months. I say PROVE IT and now go away and come back with proof.

What they are saying is we have no proof and what we need is someone to fold and give us the evidence on a plate. I'm not supporting banned drug taking but some times there is a very thin line.

MWSE said:
Hamster Huey said:
MWSE said:
That smoke screen put up by personalities around the NRL about the "pointless and baseless" media conference really did a number on a few people huh.

Like they said, it wasn't going to be an immediate thing, and investigations never are. So it continues to unravel!

Some of us formed that opinion within a day of the release, and before the more vocal 'personalities' shared their view.

These types of agencies don't appear on the box and tell the nation all about a current and ongoing investigation into a criminal/terrorist element with a strong 'risk' of an offence being conducted. They keep it under wraps until they hit the key players with specific charges.

But this is different, right?

I think there is a difference between national security and sport.

But luckily everyone is entitled to their own opinion in this country!

Due process is due process, no matter the area under investigation.

There is never a good time to make that move against those involved when we're talking top level sport, but it should at the very least be the case that all the relevant parties have been investigated/interviewed and/or charges made against those involved prior to the broad release of the subject operation.

Just who was coaching them at the time? I do recall Gallen's superhuman efforts playing the full 80 in the front row. Maybe he got a little help along the way. If it can be proved he used a banned substance, then ban him. However, like many, I find it puzzling how a not banned substance then (2011), can be retrospectively mentioned to make a case now. Very weird.

It is hard to make any constructive comment on this situation as so much is still unclear. The only thing for sure is that I feel sorry for Sharks fans right now - and not sorrow as in "you losers have never won anything" sorrow - but genuine sorrow.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
One thing I hope is that players aren't penalised for taking substances that they didn't know were illegal and who were following sport 'doctors' instructions.

In the salary cap fiasco it was clear to me that Storm players should have questioned why they were signing multiple contracts for varying amounts. In this instance I'm not so sure that the onus is on the players to question the medical advice that was put forward. I'm sure it will come out but I would like to see some common sense applied for the player's sake if they were misled.

I know how we all felt when the Brett Stewart BS was going on. And that was just one player. I feel a lot of empathy towards the whole sharks club & supporters.
I hope whatever course of action needs to be taken, they just get on with it, and stop leaving them all "hanging".

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Clint said:
I know how we all felt when the Brett Stewart BS was going on. And that was just one player. I feel a lot of empathy towards the whole sharks club & supporters.
I hope whatever course of action needs to be taken, they just get on with it, and stop leaving them all "hanging".

This, very sad.

Rothfield just confirmed to Hadley that gallen is not one of the players under suspicion.

It appears that some of the cronulla players as well as players from other clubs may have continued receiving peptides etc from Dank at his Bankstown office after they were banned. It is also possible that one of the cronulla players is acting as a whistle blower.

Manly is apparantly the next club. It is quite possible that ASADA don't have the necessary evidence yet and are offering 6 month suspensions trying to get someone to rollover and provide the evidence that they really need.

He just made it up in his head that Manly are next and Hadley said they will do this to all 6 clubs. But no evidence or proof.

tookey said:
Rothfield just confirmed to Hadley that gallen is not one of the players under suspicion.

It seems like some of the cronulla and players from other clubs may have continued receiving peptides etc from Dank at his Bankstown office after they were banned and Dank left the club. It is also possible that one of the cronulla players is acting as a whistle blower.

Manly is apparantly the next club. It is quite possible that ASADA don't have the necessary evidence yet and are offering 6 month suspensions trying to get someone to rollover and provide the evidence that they really need.

Hahaha of course he included manly!!! Lol

Haven't we already been cleared by ASADA?

manlyfan76 said:
He just made it up in his head that Manly are next and Hadley said they will do this to all 6 clubs. But no evidence or proof.

Typical manly hating tosser

He also mentioned my point from last night that Albert Kelly is playing against sharks this week :)

ManlyBacker said:
One thing I hope is that players aren't penalised for taking substances that they didn't know were illegal and who were following sport 'doctors' instructions.

In the salary cap fiasco it was clear to me that Storm players should have questioned why they were signing multiple contracts for varying amounts. In this instance I'm not so sure that the onus is on the players to question the medical advice that was put forward. I'm sure it will come out but I would like to see some common sense applied for the player's sake if they were misled.

I can't agree with this. I know it may seem unfair, but if they are let off by pleading ignorance then that will set the precedent. In future sports people will simply live by the ask no questions rule and then plead the same.

It is the athletes responsibility full stop. This should be a lesson for each athlete to question what they are being given.

Peptides. Some are banned, some are not. Some are not banned but also have never been approved for human consumption. A lot of grey areas. There is only 1 person who should go down for this.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6