ASADA Going Shark Fishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But the article makes no sense. No-one has tested positive. Were the peptides used by them banned at the time?

Then they mention performance enhacing drugs, this must come from tapping phone calls.

The article is confusing.

From what I understand the accusation is that some players continued to use peptides etc after Danks left the club and after it was banned.

The club did the right thing by getting rid of him and apparently(unlike Essendon) didn't condone his ideas and there is no suggestion the club itself was systematically doping. The players under investigation allegedly continued to use the substances without club approval through a personal relationship with Danks after the peptides were banned and that is the problem apparently.

I for one sincerely hope that Paul Gallen is not involved(and to be honest I couldn't imagine him being involved given his work ethic) as he has become an icon in the game in his latter years and it would ravage our game's credibility due to his outstanding reputation.

Cheating is cheating. Ignorance is no excuse. You should always know what you are putting into your body and that is even more true for professional athletes.

susan said:
I for one sincerely hope that Paul Gallen is not involved(and to be honest I couldn't imagine him being involved given his work ethic) as he has become an icon in the game in his latter years and it would ravage our game's credibility due to his outstanding reputation.

With or without an iconic players alleged involvement, the way in which this is currently being played out is damaging enough to this sport.

Beta thymosins

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NMR structure of a β-thymosin. Both thymosin α1 [1] and β-thymosins are intrinsically unstructured proteins, i.e. they lack a stable fold when free in aqueous solution. This structure, mostly alpha helix, was artificially stabilised by an organic solvent.[2] The thymosin illustrated, originally named β9 is the cow orthologue of human β10
Beta thymosins are a family of proteins which have in common a sequence of about 40 amino acids similar to the small protein thymosin β4. They are found almost exclusively in multicellular animals. Thymosin β4 was originally obtained from the thymus in company with several other small proteins which although named collectively "thymosins" are now known to be structurally and genetically unrelated and present in many different animal tissues.

CJC-1295

CJC-1295 is a tetrasubstituted 30-amino acid peptide hormone, primarily functioning as a growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) analog. It was invented by ConjuChem, a Canadian biotechnology company.

One of the advantages of CJC-1295 over traditional GHRH or rHGH is its ability to bioconjugate with serum albumin, thus increasing its half-life and therapeutic window. It accomplishes this by using protecting groups around the amino acids of GHRH typically susceptible to enzymatic degradation.

ConjuChem initiated clinical trials for CJC-1295 during the mid-2000s. The objective of the drug was to treat visceral fat deposits in obese AIDS patients, as increased levels of exogenous HGH are presumed to increase lipolysis (fat loss). The trial was ultimately successful for most research subjects, but the drug's marketing stalled when three of the trial's patients suffered a myocardial infarction.

----------------------------------------------------
I wonder if the cjc-1295 is the problem because it's a Human Growth Hormone?

swoop said:
Beta thymosins

NMR structure of a β-thymosin. Both thymosin α1 [1] and β-thymosins are intrinsically unstructured proteins, i.e. they lack a stable fold when free in aqueous solution. This structure, mostly alpha helix, was artificially stabilised by an organic solvent.[2] The thymosin illustrated, originally named β9 is the cow orthologue of human β10
Beta thymosins are a family of proteins which have in common a sequence of about 40 amino acids similar to the small protein thymosin β4. They are found almost exclusively in multicellular animals. Thymosin β4 was originally obtained from the thymus in company with several other small proteins which although named collectively "thymosins" are now known to be structurally and genetically unrelated and present in many different animal tissues.

CJC-1295

CJC-1295 is a tetrasubstituted 30-amino acid peptide hormone, primarily functioning as a growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) analog. It was invented by ConjuChem, a Canadian biotechnology company.

One of the advantages of CJC-1295 over traditional GHRH or rHGH is its ability to bioconjugate with serum albumin, thus increasing its half-life and therapeutic window. It accomplishes this by using protecting groups around the amino acids of GHRH typically susceptible to enzymatic degradation.

ConjuChem initiated clinical trials for CJC-1295 during the mid-2000s. The objective of the drug was to treat visceral fat deposits in obese AIDS patients, as increased levels of exogenous HGH are presumed to increase lipolysis (fat loss). The trial was ultimately successful for most research subjects, but the drug's marketing stalled when three of the trial's patients suffered a myocardial infarction.

----------------------------------------------------
I wonder if the cjc-1295 is the problem because it's a Human Growth Hormone?

I think it's not a Human Growth Hormone per say but when taken either acts as or causes the body to grow more HGH. There in needs to be illegal for athletes.

Who can post the 2011 Sharks squad ?

Gallen, Gardner, Tupou, Snowden, Douglas, Morris, Pomeroy, Wade Graham, Best, Jeremy Smith, Stapleton, off the top of my head.

Not that I'm implying in any way that any of the above are involved.

Read that players involved may take the 6 month ban but also sue the club.

Wouldn't surprise me if they all up end up quitting the club as well so maybe it'll hurt the club more

C&C Albert Kelly He was listed to start against the sharks this week

2011 squad: Paul Aiton, Colin Best, Jason Bukuya, Andrew Clayton, Dean Collis, Josh Cordoba, Luke Douglas, Stuart Flanagan, Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardener, Isaac Gordon, Wade Graham, Trent Grubb, Albert Kelly, Kose Lelei, Ricky Leutele, Johnny Mannah, Stewart Mills, John Morris, Matt Parata, Ben Pomeroy, Scott Porter, Jeremy Smith, Tim Smith, Kade Snowden, Nathan Stapleton, Taulima Tautai, Ryan Tongia, Anthony Tupou, Siosaia Vave, John Williams, Broderick Wright, Matthew Wright.

bones said:
As much as i hate the Sharks and hope they NEVER win a premiership.... i hope that none of their players cop a suspension over this. It seems ridiculous to suspend players in such a huge way, over something that was legal twelve months earlier, especially if they were not aware of the change.
agreed

Didn't ASADA already clear Manly and our players of any wrong doing? Isn't that what perry came out and said?

So nothing for us to worry about then right?

The way ASADA are going about this will result in the whole 2013 NRL Comp being decimated:mad:

No Club is immune, as their 'investigations' are determined by themselves alone.

If Dank is the great Satan, then Manly will surely be disrupted as these bureaucrats attempt to justify the hysteria that they caused. :mad::mad:

I feel for the Sharks Players and Supporters.

On the eve of their game, to be dealing with complex legal issues, is truly detrimental to their whole season.

The NRL have to be proactive as they are contracted to field 8 games of first grade Teams for TV each week:exclamation:

If these so-called supplements weren't on the banned list in 2011 what crime has been committed? You can't take retrospective action.
I feel sorry for the players, for Cronulla and for rugby league in general.
Where is the new CEO, 'Benji' Smith, on all this? Surely he should be staunchly defending the game and criticising the timing off this 'raid'!

Apparently there is a section that covers the use of 'unlisted' substances.

I hope the Sharks players fight this, and win.

I wonder if this is nothing but a media beat up, funny how the very organisations that thrive on the game want to do everything they can to discredit it at the same time.

It just seems odd to me that this all blew up a month ago and it's been all quiet since then and suddenly two days before kick off the lid is blown off again.

Makes me wonder!!

What is the NRL doing in all of this; the silence is deafening. There is not even an article on NRL.com about this story.

Perhaps this is all part of the Cronulla "relocation" effort.

Tweet from Buzz

I'm told 6 of the Sharks players chosen for Sunday's game against Titans have been offered 6-month suspensions for early guilty pleas

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2