Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some coaching staff info...

SMH - Adrian Prozsenko 16/11/2022

Much has been made about Seibold’s decision to add Shane Flanagan and Jim Dymock to his coaching team. The former Dally M coach of the year has also made another key appointment to his brains trust in the form of Andrew May, the former physical performance manager for both the NSW and Australian cricket teams.

May, who has worked with Parramatta over the past two seasons, will join the Sea Eagles as a mental skills coach. Another new face is Guy Williams, who is the new transition coach after a stint with Queensland Rugby League.
“Andrew May will help with some of that team dynamic stuff, the belonging and togetherness,” Seibold said. “Everyone at Parramatta speaks exceptionally highly of him.

“I feel as though we have a world-class person in that position and Andrew will work as a consultant in that space.

“We’ve done a lot of homework to get the right people in the right positions. I had total autonomy in putting the coaching staff around me."

Full story link:
What's a "transition coach"- is someone changing gender in our squad?
I hope it's not one of the Magnificent 7...

We needed the bath water emptied and fortunately that has happened. What I like is the proposed collective coaching and management of squad. It makes sense provided the coaches work well together to one formula. I believe that Flanagan will be a great asset to Siebold and I was very pleased when he was signed. Our pack needs a complete reboot and hopefully Dymock can bring that. I like the public acceptance that the group need to be unified rather than the nonsense we were hearing last year that all was well. I'm a little nervous after Tooves was shafted and the drama that followed with Barrett's appointment and I'm hoping that it's not all going to happen again. But the brains trust here is far far superior this time. Provided these blokes take control of the senior players and get them playing to a system of controlled and composed football then we have sufficient talent to be a very competitive side. I feel confident we will do well and that makes me feel real nervous.
Yes as bad as our forwards look on paper they potentially could be much much better players under a new training / coaching system.

That’s certainly what I’m hoping is the case as on paper , Jake aside , they look pretty damn average.

I remember having a chat once to Graham Lowe on one of my Kiwi tours ( he came to O‘Hagens pub as a special guest for us ) and this wasn’t specifically about forwards or backs but I was asking him what makes some players better than others in their same position.

His answer was that some are just freaks , but in reality they are few and far between and so really there’s not a lot of difference between the skills of one player to another BUT the difference is a lot to do with the mental side of things which motivates and pushes players beyond the norm.

He quoted to me the difference between the NSW Blues and the QLD Maroons where at times the Maroons side has a few stars and then mostly average players BUT when they pull that maroon jersey on it makes them into superstars, whereas the Blues often have an embarrassment of riches to choose from but often play like bustards.

So I’m sort of hoping with a complete new system that our forwards might “ gel” and step up.

Fingers crossed.

Yes as bad as our forwards look on paper they potentially could be much much better players under a new training / coaching system.

That’s certainly what I’m hoping is the case as on paper , Jake aside , they look pretty damn average.

I remember having a chat once to Graham Lowe on one of my Kiwi tours ( he came to O‘Hagens pub as a special guest for us ) and this wasn’t specifically about forwards or backs but I was asking him what makes some players better than others in their same position.

His answer was that some are just freaks , but in reality they are few and far between and so really there’s not a lot of difference between the skills of one player to another BUT the difference is a lot to do with the mental side of things which motivates and pushes players beyond the norm.

He quoted to me the difference between the NSW Blues and the QLD Maroons where at times the Maroons side has a few stars and then mostly average players BUT when they pull that maroon jersey on it makes them into superstars, whereas the Blues often have an embarrassment of riches to choose from but often play like bustards.

So I’m sort of hoping with a complete new system that our forwards might “ gel” and step up.

Fingers crossed.

Our forwards are ok ... we were a very poorly coached team last year ...

And now that Walker has gone ... the forward pack can go back to playing like a forward pack ... rather than that abominable mish mash of non working styles ...

Last edited:
Our forwards are ok ... we were a very poorly coached team last year ...

And now that Walker has gone ... the forward pack can go pack to playing like a forward pack ... rather than that abominable mish mash of non working styles ...
Yes your first paragraph says it all really.

But still the Dessie fan boys won’t like you saying it !!

I’m really quite excited to see what this new coaching group ( I’m calling it a group as it looks like a collective ) can do.

We aren’t going to win a premiership but I think we might surprise a few pundits.

Some coaching staff info...

SMH - Adrian Prozsenko 16/11/2022

Much has been made about Seibold’s decision to add Shane Flanagan and Jim Dymock to his coaching team. The former Dally M coach of the year has also made another key appointment to his brains trust in the form of Andrew May, the former physical performance manager for both the NSW and Australian cricket teams.

May, who has worked with Parramatta over the past two seasons, will join the Sea Eagles as a mental skills coach. Another new face is Guy Williams, who is the new transition coach after a stint with Queensland Rugby League.
“Andrew May will help with some of that team dynamic stuff, the belonging and togetherness,” Seibold said. “Everyone at Parramatta speaks exceptionally highly of him.

“I feel as though we have a world-class person in that position and Andrew will work as a consultant in that space.

“We’ve done a lot of homework to get the right people in the right positions. I had total autonomy in putting the coaching staff around me."

Full story link:
I like that comment that he had the final say in picking his support staff.
Club supporting his vision.
Let's see how it goes!

Not hard to see why he got moved on. Not great for the resume you'd think.
The weird thing is, I recall it was John who actually left and was not moved on. Also happened before the jersey drama. He was close with Des for years so was a little strange.

We signed Walker as a solution to our five eight problem at the time. It appears this was done on the basis that he had played five eight in junior footy. When we signed him a friend of mine who is a fanatical Souths supporter told me that Manly had made a mistake trying to play him at five eight. I now actually think we didn't help his career playing him out of position.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2