Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's hard to locate the full squad. I presume Vaega should be the extra player in the squad below?

MANLY SEA EAGLES: SPOTS AVAILABLE: 6
Josh Aloiai
Ethan Bullemor
Daly Cherry-Evans
Lachlan Croker
Ben Condon
Viliame Fifita
Reuben Garrick
Morgan Harper
Sean Keppie
Tolu Koula
Karl Lawton
Haumole Olakau'atu
Brad Parker
Taniela Paseka
Jason Saab
Josh Schuster
Toafofoa Sipley
Ben Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic
Kelma Tuilagi
Christian Tuipolotu
Alec Tu'itavake
Kaeo Weekes

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Jamie Humphreys, Jacob Sykes

It's hard to locate the full squad. I presume Vaega should be the extra player in the squad below?

MANLY SEA EAGLES: SPOTS AVAILABLE: 6
Josh Aloiai
Ethan Bullemor
Daly Cherry-Evans
Lachlan Croker
Ben Condon
Viliame Fifita
Reuben Garrick
Morgan Harper
Sean Keppie
Tolu Koula
Karl Lawton
Haumole Olakau'atu
Brad Parker
Taniela Paseka
Jason Saab
Josh Schuster
Toafofoa Sipley
Ben Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic
Kelma Tuilagi
Christian Tuipolotu
Alec Tu'itavake
Kaeo Weekes

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Jamie Humphreys, Jacob Sykes

Yes very difficult to get exact list but Boyle isn't in that list, and as you say Vaega. Also, not sure if Fulton's contract is for top 30 or just an extension for dev. co.

He is also a solid front on defender. I think he could be a very handy backrower or lock. Jake is being used exclusively as a prop now in rep football. Maybe the new coaches will follow suit. IMO, other contenders for lock (throughout the season) could be Lawton, Croker, Fulton or Olakau'atu.
Been saying it like a broken record Jakes best position is prop 😁.

I have only 5 left (that don't include, but most likely will consist of a combination from Fifita, Vaega,
According to this new list from the club, 29 places are taken - includes both Fainus, Fulton, Fifita & Tuitavake.

According to this new list from the club, 29 places are taken - includes both Fainus, Fulton, Fifita & Tuitavake.

So one spot left...
Latu turns 18 about half way through the year I think, interesting that he is in the top 30.

That list includes development players which I'm sure both Fainu's will be this year

That list includes development players which I'm sure both Fainu's will be this year
No the club site says it is the NRL squad and goes on to add:

Development Players​

Fletcher Myers

Gordon Chan Kum Tong

Jacob Sykes

Jamie Humphreys

Train and Replacement Contracts​

Nathaniel Roche

Troy Dargan

Jackson Ferris

Austin Dias

Joshua Stuckey

James Uesele

Charlie Thompson

Cameron Brown

Saneli Augustino

Jake Toby

That’s all good, as long as Penn (as Isz alluded to) is giving Mestrov the resources to run the show properly off-field. When Hasler was able to paper over the cracks in 2019 and 2021, things looked ok.

Hit a few speedhumps like an empty CEO chair, or one dept not talking to another over a critical matter, things head south very quickly.

This club has been treading water for far too long. Rearranging the coaching deckchairs might provide a sugar hit, however unless systemic issues elsewhere in the organisation are addressed, we will continue to see our club stumble along like this for years to come.

Interesting perspective @Terry Zarsoff However, I believe that many of the systemic issues within the club are currently being resolved. Mestrov is doing an excellent job of righting the MWSE ship by cutting out the dead wood and simultaneously implementing new processes internally.

I also recognise that Scott Penn's predilection for incompetence and interference will still impact our direction. Still, I hope he adheres to his agreement with Mestrov to stay out of club management and provide governance through the board only. This is pretty standard stuff but Penn has not quite worked that out yet.

What!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 spot left.
The fainu's aren't ready yet.
1 spot for all those train and trial blokes like Johns, Roache, Dargan.
What the ****.
No.
No.
What!!!!!!!!!! 1 spot left.
What the ****.
No.
Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

Development Players​

Fletcher Myers

Gordon Chan Kum Tong

Jacob Sykes

Jamie Humphreys

Nathaniel Roche

Troy Dargan

Jackson Ferris

Austin Dias

Joshua Stuckey

James Uesele

Charlie Thompson

Cameron Brown

Saneli Augustino

Jake Toby

Well there you go, I stand corrected

Development Players​

Fletcher Myers

Gordon Chan Kum Tong

Jacob Sykes

Jamie Humphreys

Nathaniel Roche

Troy Dargan

Jackson Ferris

Austin Dias

Joshua Stuckey

James Uesele

Charlie Thompson

Cameron Brown

Saneli Augustino

Jake Toby
Wonder where Fulton fits in?not in dev. nor top 30

Also pretty excited to see Meyers take the next step

I hope he adheres to his agreement with Mestrov to stay out of club management and provide governance through the board only.
Is this actually a thing?(agreement with Mestrov)
If so it will be a MASSIVE step to having a successful Club, which will lead to a top 4 Roster.

Is this actually a thing?(agreement with Mestrov)
If so it will be a MASSIVE step to having a successful Club, which will lead to a top 4 Roster.

Pretty standard actually @Briza No doubt Mestrovs lawyers have made sure that his contract gives him 100% operational control of MWSE, obviously within some very clear parameters set by the board, in terms of strategy and governance.

Seibold brings what characteristics exactly to the coaching job ???? Analytics & that’s probably it.
And Flanagan doesn’t inspire confidence listening to him say the most obvious things - all the time while commentating for Fox sports.
Manly board are probably proud of themselves that they acquired to previous first grade coaches, simply for the fact that they were previously first grade coaches.

Both these coaches strike me as extremely lucky to have had their success with previous good teams, where the players themselves were more responsible for success than the coach ever was.

Also, I will never forget last season when Flanagan on Fox sports said during a Tigers game that it doesn’t matter whether you play Douehi at 5/8 or centre. Absolute clown.

Seibold brings what characteristics exactly to the coaching job ???? Analytics & that’s probably it.
And Flanagan doesn’t inspire confidence listening to him say the most obvious things - all the time while commentating for Fox sports.
Manly board are probably proud of themselves that they acquired to previous first grade coaches, simply for the fact that they were previously first grade coaches.

Both these coaches strike me as extremely lucky to have had their success with previous good teams, where the players themselves were more responsible for success than the coach ever was.

Also, I will never forget last season when Flanagan on Fox sports said during a Tigers game that it doesn’t matter whether you play Douehi at 5/8 or centre. Absolute clown.
Given that Des was absolutely gone, which available coaches would you have preferred?

The good thing about coaches is that they must succeed in order to keep their jobs. They can't exactly hide on the wing.

We have three experienced coaches coming in and the 17 boys who run out in the Manly jumper each weekend is why we're here. So why not get behind them rather than throw shade before pre season training has even begun?

Last edited:
Didn "t initially have too many concerns with Des and co having at least one more season , mainly for the continuity aspect but the more reflection on last season , mainly on the general game plans and playing style , better to have a change . Not going to have Foz offering some important direction is going to take a bit of adjustment as well and a fresher approach is definitely going to be required there in particular . Even allowing for injuries , did not seem to have a lot of cohesion or regular pattern in attack or defensive structures alst season , Seemed that the coaching approach was more reactive then pro active and sometimes just going against the flow of some games . How to fix the and on many instances a leak prone defence is really a priority and certainly hope that something worthwhile can be managed there . Sure that the new coaching regime will have a pretty open and adaptable approach and it really will be needed to get better results

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8