Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty standard actually @Briza No doubt Mestrovs lawyers have made sure that his contract gives him 100% operational control of MWSE, obviously within some very clear parameters set by the board, in terms of strategy and governance.
I really hope so, If Mestrov can do his job (with parameters) unhindered I feel he could be an absolute weapon for this Club in so many ways.

Interview with Seibold. His voice is less raspy than usual (scroll down the linked page)

"New Manly coach Anthony Seibold says he's ready to rebuild the playing group's "togetherness", with pre-season training right around the corner

Geyer is tripping, they've been given a dream run as usual. The bye before the finals is gold. I'd swap our draw for theirs.

Lol.. Seibold looked like a super coach while coaching South's. When he took the Brisbane job he looked like a amateur since the playing roster wasn't strong. If he is to take the Manly job he would be dumb since the playing roster isn't any better.
How can you say the playing roster isn’t any better? We made premlims in 21 with turbo carrying the whole team on his back… turbo getting injured in 22 was the best thing for us because now the team has learnt to play without being carried by him. We were looking great until the pride round bs. I got strong hopes for 23 and so on. Y’all should too; big things coming.

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.

Just what the Manly Sea Eagles desperately need right now.
The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
Manly’s tumultuous 2022 season with the pride-jersey fiasco fractured the club.
“One of my strengths is getting a group to come together,” Flanagan said.
“We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.
“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.”
On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift.

Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom. Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December.

He said he would be implementing Seibold’s plan but adding his own touches.

“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said.

“He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.

“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.

“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”

Flanagan said there were huge similarities to the Sharks.

“A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.

“It’s why I’ve always admired Manly from a distance.

“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.

“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.

“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”

Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.

“Manly were really good about it,” he said.

“I’ll still work for Fox Sports and 2GB when it doesn’t clash with Manly.

“It’s something I really enjoy and want to keep doing.”

This is Flanagan’s first major opportunity since returning from a suspension.

“I’ve made some mistakes but you’ve got to move on and learn,” he said.

“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.

“They’re tough and they’re ruthless.

“That’s the aim at Manly and there’s nothing stopping them.”

His own future as a head coach can wait.

“The more success we have at Manly will open doors,” Flanagan said.

“That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.

Just what the Manly Sea Eagles desperately need right now.
The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
Manly’s tumultuous 2022 season with the pride-jersey fiasco fractured the club.
“One of my strengths is getting a group to come together,” Flanagan said.
“We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.
“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.”
On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift.

Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom. Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December.

He said he would be implementing Seibold’s plan but adding his own touches.

“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said.

“He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.

“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.

“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”

Flanagan said there were huge similarities to the Sharks.

“A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.

“It’s why I’ve always admired Manly from a distance.

“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.

“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.

“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”

Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.

“Manly were really good about it,” he said.

“I’ll still work for Fox Sports and 2GB when it doesn’t clash with Manly.

“It’s something I really enjoy and want to keep doing.”

This is Flanagan’s first major opportunity since returning from a suspension.

“I’ve made some mistakes but you’ve got to move on and learn,” he said.

“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.

“They’re tough and they’re ruthless.

“That’s the aim at Manly and there’s nothing stopping them.”

His own future as a head coach can wait.

“The more success we have at Manly will open doors,” Flanagan said.

“That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”
Makes all the right noises

From the “pen” of Weidler in today’s SMH.

England Rugby chiefs fuming with Manly’s Seibold declaration​

Manly’s signing of Anthony Seibold has been acknowledged as fact for weeks now, but England Rugby bosses were not as ready to call it a done deal.

They were mightily unimpressed with the assumption Seibold was free to go and take up the Sea Eagles’ offer.

They were even less impressed with those acting for him. They were seeking compensation for Seibold breaking his contract with England Rugby, where he was the national team’s defence coach and had a contract until the 2023 World Cup in France. Transfer fees are the norm in the UK, and England Rugby was keen to get some compensation.

I have been told that you can’t induce someone to break a contract without compensation in return. It is unclear if England Rugby got its way.

From the “pen” of Weidler in today’s SMH.

England Rugby chiefs fuming with Manly’s Seibold declaration​

Manly’s signing of Anthony Seibold has been acknowledged as fact for weeks now, but England Rugby bosses were not as ready to call it a done deal.

They were mightily unimpressed with the assumption Seibold was free to go and take up the Sea Eagles’ offer.

They were even less impressed with those acting for him. They were seeking compensation for Seibold breaking his contract with England Rugby, where he was the national team’s defence coach and had a contract until the 2023 World Cup in France. Transfer fees are the norm in the UK, and England Rugby was keen to get some compensation.

I have been told that you can’t induce someone to break a contract without compensation in return. It is unclear if England Rugby got its way.
First I've heard of this, thought it was at the end of November that Seibolds commitment/contract ended with Eng Rugby ?

We needed the bath water emptied and fortunately that has happened. What I like is the proposed collective coaching and management of squad. It makes sense provided the coaches work well together to one formula. I believe that Flanagan will be a great asset to Siebold and I was very pleased when he was signed. Our pack needs a complete reboot and hopefully Dymock can bring that. I like the public acceptance that the group need to be unified rather than the nonsense we were hearing last year that all was well. I'm a little nervous after Tooves was shafted and the drama that followed with Barrett's appointment and I'm hoping that it's not all going to happen again. But the brains trust here is far far superior this time. Provided these blokes take control of the senior players and get them playing to a system of controlled and composed football then we have sufficient talent to be a very competitive side. I feel confident we will do well and that makes me feel real nervous.

His one and only premiership won under dubious circumstances

Not the type of coach manly want or need
Disagree. Flanagan might be the man to push the players and test boundaries of what we can and can't do. Remember when Dessie was regarded as the mad scientist and giving the players calves blood? Flanno would do the same.

You have to give Flanagan credit. He made that sharks team into what Manly used to be. They were a hard nosed tough outfit who were happy to grind but still had some strike. Manly used to punish teams in defence. If we get that happening again I reckon we're back on track.

Some coaching staff info...

SMH - Adrian Prozsenko 16/11/2022

Much has been made about Seibold’s decision to add Shane Flanagan and Jim Dymock to his coaching team. The former Dally M coach of the year has also made another key appointment to his brains trust in the form of Andrew May, the former physical performance manager for both the NSW and Australian cricket teams.

May, who has worked with Parramatta over the past two seasons, will join the Sea Eagles as a mental skills coach. Another new face is Guy Williams, who is the new transition coach after a stint with Queensland Rugby League.
“Andrew May will help with some of that team dynamic stuff, the belonging and togetherness,” Seibold said. “Everyone at Parramatta speaks exceptionally highly of him.

“I feel as though we have a world-class person in that position and Andrew will work as a consultant in that space.

“We’ve done a lot of homework to get the right people in the right positions. I had total autonomy in putting the coaching staff around me."

Full story link:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6