Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Weirdler:

The beginning of the end for Hasler were his comments at the inclusivity jersey media conference, when he blamed management for putting the players in such a position
As an outsider this seems fairly obvious. A huge embarrassment to Penn to have his head coach criticise the club in such scathing terms. But he has only himself to blame. The constant turnover of CEO's leaving no-one effectively at the helm, that is on Penn, not on Hasler.

And I would be less concerned at the prospect of Seibold coaching Manly if it was part of a wider modernisation of the Sea Eagles. I actually suggested him as a possible a few months ago when there were rumblings about who could take over if Des was gone.

But my main concern isn't so much about who's coaching. It's more about forcing a massive disconnect with a club icon. Especially these days with a new private ownership model, I really hate to see more Manly people turned into persona non grata at the joint. We already seem to have quite a few of our recent champion side who don't seem to have much inclination to remain associated with the club.

The club's history is important and it lives in the people of the club, not in the NRL licence or in a chequebook.

Last edited:
So with Des looking likely to go and Seibold to take over, everyone does realise Seibold won't win us any premierships as history shows with no outsider achieving that. So Manly won't win any premierships until that next former Manly player takes over as coach.

He was a cheap alternative for Penn following TBaz.

A Manly man , etc etc etc .

But really ( and I did say it at the time ) we should have known it would end up in acrimony.

I’m not at all surprised by what’s happening , and all the leaks to the media , well that’s not hard to see where it’s coming from.
Lots on here were saying Des 2.0 would only end in tears. I had hoped both Des and Penn had learnt from past mistakes but I guess leopards don’t change their spots.

Last edited:
So with Des looking likely to go and Seibold to take over, everyone does realise Seibold won't win us any premierships as history shows with no outsider achieving that. So Manly won't win any premierships until that next former Manly player takes over as coach.

The only thing history shows is we haven't appointed enough non Manly coaches to be able to have a sensible conversation on the topic ...

.. and of the only 3 non Manly coaches in living memory ... Barrett and Sharp were 1st time rookies

.. and Graham Lowe has a higher win % than Hasler ...

It just sounds ridiculous doesn't it when you articulate it into words. Don't get how people don't see how stupid that sounds.

As an outsider this seems fairly obvious. A huge embarrassment to Penn to have his head coach criticise the club in such scathing terms. But he has only himself to blame. The constant turnover of CEO's leaving no-one effectively at the helm, that is on Penn, not on Hasler.

And I would be less concerned at the prospect of Seibold coaching Manly if it was part of a wider modernisation of the Sea Eagles. I actually suggested him as a possible a few months ago when there were rumblings about who could take over if Des was gone.

But my main concern isn't so much about who's coaching. It's more about forcing a massive disconnect with a club icon. Especially these days with a new private ownership model, I really hate to see more Manly people turned into persona non grata at the joint. We already seem to have quite a few of our recent champion side who don't seem to have much inclination to remain associated with the club.

The club's history is important and it lives in the people of the club, not in the NRL licence or in a chequebook.
With you all the way, SER8.

I have no issue with Des's time as the Manly coach coming to an end. But Manly being Manly and Scott Penn being Scott Penn, it was a near-guarantee that they'd go about it in the most amateurish, hurtful way possible.

So the fall guy for the lack of governance is the coach - seems like a nice scape goat

I disagree I read an article saying hasler was aware of pride jersey as Hugh Jackman was wearing it prior to pride round 6 weeks before so maybe Des isn't forthcoming with the truth to deflect it on club hierarchy, instead they known the truth 🤔?more than meets the eye I'd say.
I didn’t read an article but heard it elsewhere that Des was aware of the jersey

Seems like we're scraping up the dregs and what's left in the bottom of the NRL coaching barrel. And all the top line coaches that other clubs want are all tied up on virtual lifetime deals with the clubs that there with now. What a situation....better to keep Des in truth.

The only thing history shows is we haven't appointed enough non Manly coaches to be able to have a sensible conversation on the topic ...

.. and of the only 3 non Manly coaches in living memory ... Barrett and Sharp were 1st time rookies

.. and Graham Lowe has a higher win % than Hasler ...
Lowe may have a better win percentage than Hasler but Hasler has coached more games and has delivered 2 premierships.

images.jpeg

Irrelevant to the point I was making ... the issue was the nonsense that only a Manly ex player can win a premiership .. i simply added an interesting fact about Lowe ...
Lowe did well with his coaching opportunities and made Manly competitive until Bob Fulton took over again and took that team to the next level and delivered another premiership in 1996. I'm not saying an outsider can't make this team competitive all I'm saying is history suggests that outsider won't win us another premiership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8