Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tookey

First Grader
True, but the results under DESpicable haven't been up to expectations, and the way our 2022 season finished indicates that he no longer commands their respect.
I don't want to have to endure a season that is a continuation of how we concluded 2022. I don't know how much blame should be attributed to DESpicable. I do know that changes need to be made.
Agree changes need to be made and that Des's time is nearly up

But did the club not realise that during his last couple of years at the dogs?

Take Tommy out of any team and they will struggle If he plays a full year next year then the chances are we will make the semis

Our 2023 coach's success probably depends on how many games Tommy plays

It was also obvious that the pride jersey stuffed our season and was that Des's fault?

My thought is that Des has earned enough brownie points over the years to at least be given the chance to go out on his own terms at the end of 2024 with a proper succession plan in place

My worry is that if the club punts him now and we have a new coach for 2023 that we will go backwards for a few years and possibly longer

We are all still scarred from the Barrett years

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Back at Manly he took over a side that finished 15th - 2nd last - and got us to Finals week 2, and last year to a Top 4 finish and the prelim final.

I know where we finished this year but it is simply wrong to say this stint of Des's with Manly has caused us to go backwards.
Just my perception

We got to the finals at the back of a one Man Tom Turbo season

When the top teams worked out how to stop Turbo and you stop Manly Des could come up with a counter winning game plan

This season we went backwards and underachieved

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Just my perception

We got to the finals at the back of a one Man Tom Turbo season

When the top teams worked out how to stop Turbo and you stop Manly Des could come up with a counter winning game plan

This season we went backwards and underachieved
We also did not have our one man team....

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
And he did for most of the year

Put it this way Turbo plays a full year last year we are around 6-8 if not higher
I did not see it that way and these are the facts

For most of our inconsistent season even with Tom up until round 7 we only had two wins against top 8 teams all season

The fact is also with the calibre of players that we still had on our roster
We were inconsistent and underachieved

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
How is a coach rated at the end of the season

1 . Did he meet expectations ?
2. Did he over achieve ?
3. Did he underachieve ?

Des Sadly Underachieved

Eagle 1

First Grader
The Great Des had a great history with our club

Now the rest is history

Time to focus on our future path to Grand final success
The Great Des isn't going anywhere...Penn doesn't hand out free money.
Now the rest is history...we will be history if Seibold takes over.
Time to focus on our path to a GF... I'd gladly settle for 4th Bozo, a GF win for us is at very long odds, but if we do make 4th...who knows.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Great Des isn't going anywhere...Penn doesn't hand out free money.
Now the rest is history...we will be history if Seibold takes over.
Time to focus on our path to a GF... I'd gladly settle for 4th Bozo, a GF win for us is at very long odds, but if we do make 4th...who knows.
Perspective time ....

The Great Des has cooked his own carrots by Messing around with the Manly Mafia and putting his contract in jeopardy

If History repeats it self and Seibold wins NRL coach of the year and takes his team to the finals again we will all be happy winning supporters again

I agree with you . Who knows ?
We will find out if we give him a go

Shoe1

Journey Man
Here:

StuBoot

Bencher
Seibold worked as an assistant coach under Trent barrett at the eagles.

Einstein’s definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Yes, he did work under Barrett but didn't he also bail on that position....because didn't he think the club was going in the right direction under Barrett?

Shoe1

Journey Man
Weirdler:

The beginning of the end for Hasler were his comments at the inclusivity jersey media conference, when he blamed management for putting the players in such a position. Hasler was left to handle media enquiries from the fallout, and the narrative he presented was the final straw.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly seem unconcerned, perhaps because Hasler’s football department were given notification of the jerseys at the start of the year, months before they were worn by some players and snubbed by others.
Thanks @Shoe1 for reposting, I forgot about that one. But it only says the football Dept was notified, and that news has been about from the start. I haven't heard anyone say Hasler was notified (which he has specifically denied).

Anyway, neither here nor there in the overall scheme of things.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I also like flanno as stated before,but if all fails I think seibold is a ok fit both experienced and familiar with players and surroundings
Appointing Seibold is real Hail Mary move tbh, should have a performance clause in his contract. Miss the 8.. that's not great...contract terminated.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I did not see it that way and these are the facts

For most of our inconsistent season even with Tom up until round 7 we only had two wins against top 8 teams all season

The fact is also with the calibre of players that we still had on our roster
We were inconsistent and underachieved
And the year before where were after 7 rounds?

As usual I see this as a governance issues and lack of process that has lead to the situation.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18