Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well no, because it's about the club trying to enforce KPIs on him when the club made decisions which compromised his ability to meet them. It doesn't matter who in the club made the call.

Bonasera should get sacked for that though.
Understand what you're saying, but the fact that Des is thinking of suing the club (again) tells me he's still not willing to accept any responsibility for the ****house season we just had.

"It was all that rainbow jersey's fault" is such an easy excuse, but the idea that we definitely, no-doubt-about-it would have made the top eight - let alone the top six, as Des's extension apparently required - if not for the effect of that jersey on the playing group, is not just laughable but virtually impossible to prove in a court of law. Would we really have won all of those games? It's not like we didn't have the opportunity to play those games - we played them all, and we lost them all. How about the games played by other teams in and around the top eight? Would those results have been different because seven Manly players didn't like a jersey they were presented with?

There are always variables in a rugby league season. Players get injured. Players get suspended. Players get sick. Players decide they don't like a jersey with stripes on it and the only possible way to express their objection to it is not to participate in a game. **** happens, basically, and any performance targets in Des's contract would take that into account. I mean, should Des also sue Tommy Turbo for getting injured and compromising his ability to hit his agreed KPIs? How about suing Jake and Croker for getting COVID and missing that game against St George, or DCE for throwing that crucial stupid pass against the Cowboys?

At the end of the day, if you coach a team to nine wins and 15 losses in a season, including seven losses in a row, it's reasonable for others - including your employers - to conclude that you haven't done a very good job.

Mate we'd get pumped every week if Jake didn't play. We have the quickest backline in the comp and you're wanting Jake to be breaking tackles and making linebreaks. He's the last player who should be getting bagged
Who said I bagged him, I said he is on too much money. Settle down!. Plus a loss is a loss regardless what the score is last time I checked?

Understand what you're saying, but the fact that Des is thinking of suing the club (again) tells me he's still not willing to accept any responsibility for the ****house season we just had.

"It was all that rainbow jersey's fault" is such an easy excuse, but the idea that we definitely, no-doubt-about-it would have made the top eight - let alone the top six, as Des's extension apparently required - if not for the effect of that jersey on the playing group, is not just laughable but virtually impossible to prove in a court of law. Would we really have won all of those games? It's not like we didn't have the opportunity to play those games - we played them all, and we lost them all. How about the games played by other teams in and around the top eight? Would those results have been different because seven Manly players didn't like a jersey they were presented with?

There are always variables in a rugby league season. Players get injured. Players get suspended. Players get sick. Players decide they don't like a jersey with stripes on it and the only possible way to express their objection to it is not to participate in a game. **** happens, basically, and any performance targets in Des's contract would take that into account. I mean, should Des also sue Tommy Turbo for getting injured and compromising his ability to hit his agreed KPIs? How about suing Jake and Croker for getting COVID and missing that game against St George, or DCE for throwing that crucial stupid pass against the Cowboys?

At the end of the day, if you coach a team to nine wins and 15 losses in a season, including seven losses in a row, it's reasonable for others - including your employers - to conclude that you haven't done a very good job.
I'd like to see Des try to sue and the Penns call his bluff and take it to court. Might be time he stopped holding clubs to ransom.

I get where you are coming from ... and I too am a fan of Manly people for Manly ... but that is not what history suggests ... in the past 60 years and more we have only had 3 non Manly ... and as I said, 2 were untried rookies, and the 3rd went well .. before you can make the judgement you are making we would need to employ at least 6 more non manly coaches to balance the available data ... and even then you would need volumes written to qualify each case ...

Just on Lowe as a simple discussion .. he only resigned due to health reasons and it is not known how he would have finished otherwise .. he was certainly on the up ..

Perhaps We are at a stage with the club that our only Manly Mantra has resulted in an inbreed DNA of window lickers ... and it is time to inject some new spirited blood from the barbarians at the gate ..
That makes sense but with the failed Barrett years it's hard to be excited about another outsider taking over.

Spot on mate. Think to the future. That's called planning. That's good in any business sense. Hanging on for the sake of hanging on , particularly for monetary reasons is suicide.

We are 100% doing the right thing.

Bet Siebold brings in some pretty amazing names as assistants, too.
Hope you're right re Seibold. Also very interested to see what calibre of players he will attract to the club, if he's appointed as coach.

Seems Des case should be against John Bonasera , his good mate, rather than the club which would be sad. Hate to see him sink his mate.
Agree, I don’t see how Des can blame the club. The chain of communication between Des himself and Bonasera appears to be the problem.

I’ve always loved Des as our coach as he is Manly and as Manly as it gets.
Unfortunately I feel it’s time we pull the curtains on this chapter and fill the space with fresh set of eyes.
A reset in many ways for us and god knows we need it. It’s been a tremendously tough time as a supporter and for the benefit of everyone a change is in need

I’ve always loved Des as our coach as he is Manly and as Manly as it gets.
Unfortunately I feel it’s time we pull the curtains on this chapter and fill the space with fresh set of eyes.
A reset in many ways for us and god knows we need it. It’s been a tremendously tough time as a supporter and for the benefit of everyone a change is in need
I agree but ,who else is Manly out there .No one. Des was our last hope

Des had a contract stipulation to trigger an extension if manly finished in a certain position. The conditions 9 times out of 10 would have been met had the unfortunate jersey fiasco not happened.

I don’t really think personal opinion on Hasler matters; Penn promised to extend a contract based on a condition. A factor out of hasler’s control prevented that condition from being met. The club should have shown some accountability for their impact and stuck to their promises.

Instead they didn’t like the blame they got and want hasler gone because he called them out and has visions of staying as manly coach for longer to get us out of this mess. There’s not many that would have the passion to stick with this trainwreck of a club for the next few years. Yes he’s getting the big dollars but we can’t deny he has passion for manly.

The only other people are desperate to save their image and get back into public view. Seibold specifically seems to just be a friend of Penn’s. Who in their right mind would fall at their knees for a wooden spooner.

Our key players have called for stability and supported Des but by the sounds of it the higher ups have told them to keep quiet.

Flanno and Hannay are two of the only active coaches I would consider because Flanno is savvy and Hannay seems like a respectable, honest coach. But it’s ****ed that its come to this

It’s totally unfair stuff from Penn, again. And like the tigers we will be stuck with a string of ****ty coaches that promise more than they can deliver (and are desperate to do it quick). Slowly but surely will recede into a souless club run by politics,two-faced management and nepotism. We are already halfway there.

Bellamy and Des didn’t walk in and win premierships straight away when they started. Sure Des nearly did it at the Bulldogs but I think he learned not to try rush into success after what happened. If we are patient we will win one soon. If we try rush things like we did in 2016 we will fail in identical fashion. It’s insane to think the club are keen to abruptly fall into the same mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
Des had a contract stipulation to trigger an extension if manly finished in a certain position. The conditions 9 times out of 10 would have been met had the unfortunate jersey fiasco not happened.

I don’t really think personal opinion on Hasler matters; Penn promised to extend a contract based on a condition. A factor out of hasler’s control prevented that condition from being met. The club should have shown some accountability for their impact and stuck to their promises.

Instead they didn’t like the blame they got and want hasler gone because he called them out and has visions of staying as manly coach for longer to get us out of this mess. There’s not many that would have the passion to stick with this trainwreck of a club for the next few years. Yes he’s getting the big dollars but we can’t deny he has passion for manly.

The only other people are desperate to save their image and get back into public view

Our players have called for stability and supported Des but by the sounds of it the higher ups have told them to keep quiet

It’s totally unfair stuff from Penn, again. And like the tigers we will be stuck with a string of ****ty coaches and slowly but surely will recede into a souless club run by politics, soulless management and nepotism
Good summary of the situation and it certainly looks like Penn wants Des gone for calling out the management/owners over the pride jersey fiasco.

It’s easy for them as they can use the contract conditions as reasons not to extend Des and more importantly, if he quits (or gets fired) then blame the next coach in the event that produces a “Barrett” type of outcome.

Agree, I don’t see how Des can blame the club. The chain of communication between Des himself and Bonasera appears to be the problem.
If the management send an email to a junior member & it's not relayed to the coach it's not the coaches fault. He should have been CC'd into it. Just the management trying to cut Des out of the loop. Can you remember all the crap they pulled on Tooves before sacking him. Sending him to TV gigs the announcing **** before the show that he wasn't told about. Total white anting. The pens are the king of it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12