Angus Crichton - the 3 clubs that want him

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like the money the Roosters have 'freed up' recently via Nikorima etc has done the trick...

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/12/18/crichton-to-move-in-2019/

Money they’ve “ freed up” , nah, $85k on the cap and a $915k TPA.

This game is nothing but rigged as all **** now.

The Rorters will virtually have a compete representative team, with half a representative team in reserve and about two Neville’s just so they can say they are giving some local
Juniors a go.

FMD this is making me angry

The NRL is a friggen joke.There is no way The Polaris should be on both the NRL and roosters board, again one of my favourite sayings, it has to be a conflict of interest. Yeah they have got rid of a couple of players, but they are never investigated, and again,its blatantly obvious who they want to succeed and who they dont. Its a F........n joke. My mate and me were discussing just this the other day that Polaris will never lose, he will have the best of everything,lawyers, barristers etc etc etc, but one thing they have and will never go away is the every now and then someone will get done for drugs culture or other misdemeanours

So, the three most in-demand players in the NRL - Teddy, Cronk and Crighton - have all gone to Easts.
Surely the majority of NRL supporters will now realise that George Orwell, that well-known rugby league writer, was correct when he said: "All clubs are equal, although some are more equal than others."

Money they’ve “ freed up” , nah, $85k on the cap and a $915k TPA.

This game is nothing but rigged as all **** now.

The Rorters will virtually have a compete representative team, with half a representative team in reserve and about two Neville’s just so they can say they are giving some local
Juniors a go.

FMD this is making me angry

Ridiculous mate. I can't believe they can afford Crighton, on the top of Tedesko, Keary, Cronk and many others.

So essentially it is as below for them this off season:

Losses: Gordon, Guerra, SKD, Connor Watson, Pearce, Kane Evans and Nikorima

Signings: Cronk, Tedesco, Crichton (2019, although don't be surprised to see him released).

Re-signings: Keary, Friend, Issac Liu

Its the 3rd party deals. So its not surprising they can attract more quality players because of all the business connections of the Roosters board (Politis, Bouris, the guy that used to be David Jones CEO, is Packer still there? etc)

He is likely taking say, 500K on the sombrero + say, 400K in 3rd party deals. Its not officially cheating because the NRL allows this grey area to exist (even though we all know it effectively creates an unfair competition and clubs can use it to cheat.....unofficially)

To be fair the Chooks have let go a lot of talent to free up cash. But on the flip side it's probably a smoke screen to cover up dirtier deals being made. The NRL needs to scrap 3rd party deals or at least cap it.

it's just going to be even more funny when they win the minor premiership but flunk in the finals every year for the next few.

you can buy all the stars you want, but if you want real cohesion in the squad, you need to have that development angle, and years of combinations. When you just stack with what you think are 'the best', that's when you get issues arising, juniors don't see a pathway so they scatter, and if you are lucky, things fall in place and you might snare a title, but you can't sustain it over multiple years in my mind. Short term gain, long term pain.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6