Angus Crichton - the 3 clubs that want him

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ridiculous mate. I can't believe they can afford Crighton, on the top of Tedesko, Keary, Cronk and many others.
Not defending the Rorters, but Crighton will be going there in 2019, so who knows what players they'll be releasing at the end of next season?.

Manly .. Brett stewart and Steve Matai included into 17 salary cap due to chronic retiring injuries .. Nrl owned Titans .. Brenton Lawrence not included in Titans 18 salary cap due to chronic retiring injuries . Work this **** out . These clowns at the top have to go .
Dont forget hayne signing for 500k.. gotta help those nrl teams ya know Lol otherwise theyll never reach our level

As each day rolls on the more and more I feel the game I’ve loved for 55 years now is really no more.

I’ll still support my Eagles , but I think I’m done with spending money following them around , on merchandise or memberships.

This isn’t Rugby League, this is some variant that’s moved so far away from the original that it’s barely recognisable.

As each day rolls on the more and more I feel the game I’ve loved for 55 years now is really no more.

I’ll still support my Eagles , but I think I’m done with spending money following them around , on merchandise or memberships.

This isn’t Rugby League, this is some variant that’s moved so far away from the original that it’s barely recognisable.

I watch it on tv only at this point. Even that is on the wane.

I feel the same way Mark. The scary part is, I cant see it getting any better, anytime soon. Its obvious what other teams seem to be getting away with, and its plain for all to see, but No one wants to say anything about it at all, maybe because they are doing it as well, and they need a scapegoat, a fall guy. Like I said before. What a better way to cull another Sydney team than to wreck the club. The rorters see us as a threat, uncle Nick has always made it clear that he doesn't like us, and he is on the NRL board after all.

Cant be all that bad really.
The great Bozo the clown did not see a need for him, so why should any of us worry?

However, maybe the clown realised that Uncle Nick is > than the Immortal recruiter (or his spawn), and decided there is no point chasing Uncle Nicks fish.

Nothing wrong here is their Dogg Greenslime?

Last edited:

My feelings exactly Mark.
I can't believe that someone like me who, especially as a kid, was absolutely obsessed with rugby league can now feel so indifferent.

I've supported Manly for 45 years.

But as a kid, I'd go and watch any two teams play. A day at the footy was just about better than anything. But it's turned into a product. A commodity. And fans that have invested their money but more importantly their emotions into this game are now just seen as expendable.

Sadly I just can't get excited about it any more. Maybe the passion will return once the season starts. But I can't see it happening.

Last edited:

Well said mate, unfortunately you're right

Put me i that disillusioned fan group, maybe we should get our own area on here. Grumpy Old Men.

Both the game and my beloved Manly aren't what they once were, no backbone and no solidarity its everyman/team for themselves.

I am almost not interested right now but will watch the Eagles when they play in 2018 but i can see the day when I dont even bother checking the scores.

My feelings exactly Mark.
I can't believe that someone like me who, especially as a kid, was absolutely obsessed with rugby league can no feel so indifferent.

I've supported Manly for 45 years.

But as a kid, I'd go and watch any two teams play. A day at the footy was just about better than anything. But it's turned into a product. A commodity. And fans that have invested their money but more importantly their emotions into this game are now just seen as expendable.

Sadly I just can't get excited about it any more. Maybe the passion will return once the season starts. But I can't see it happening.

Hi Simon, I'm a '61 and I feel your pain. I remember sitting on 44 gallon drums or my father's shoulders at a packed SCG for a test match, and more for Manly because I was a sponsor for 8 years at the club. Apart from sitting on the hill every home game, or wagging school to go to the Cronulla Grand Final replays and getting caught by the Deputy principal who was sitting 3 rows back... great stories to be told.
I have attended every Grand Final Players party since 2000 and I can say YES it is different now! It's because of the governing bodies and their hatred to Manly.... the cheats prosper - we do something and we get vilified. In the scheme of things - it ain't fair and never will be. The game has changed, the players are different, it's all money, maybe because most are newer to the club we know. Maybe immaturity, maybe they will learn about the fans.

In the clubs defence I can say that I have been communicating with other clubs for marketing opportunities and they don't get it either. My focus is on linking the young kids of today and letting them have the same opportunity that I had to experience the greats of the game. These clubs just don't give a rats, it's about how much they can get you to spend.

Crichton is good but he's not the messiah.

I suspect that means the end for Cordner, he better watch out when he's out on the town otherwise he might end up with a baggy in his pocket and a torn up contract due to "drug issues". That's how the Rorters roll.

Just to add some probably unpopular perspective and not that it concerned me but many of the League public were invariably expressing similar critical comments towards Manly and their virtual complete international teams of the early eighties . [ and no premierships ] Many wrong aspects with the game now but in other ways just part of a general cycle and even more reason to get behind and support one's chosen team . The Roosters will not be unbeatable , as some of the stacked past Broncos teams were not in previous times . Not ideal for the over all image and general fairness of the game but let's just see how things pan out over the next couple of seasons . The Sea Eagles are still quite competitive and that has to mean something worth while .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8