Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
David Gower was another Eel late bloomer who came over to Manly then went back to the Eels. Suits me if the Eels keep paying good money to get these guys back, they are good value as bargain players but not ones you want to get in a bidding war over.
I've no doubt Davey will do his best for Manly this year, it's what he does.

Some good games early in the year, but he’s fading fast by the looks. Maybe he’s injured?
Maybe he's tired of copping floggings week in week out? Maybe he wants to stay healthy for next year. Maybe he'd prefer to be released & with us? He's not playing that bad & those in the know have high opinions of him!

If he has indeed signed back with Parra I hope he’s playing with Blacktown for the rest of the year. We picked him up after only 10 games with them and even after an ACL and shoulder injury he’s jumped at the chance of going back there. Let him go and start Schuster at 2nd row where he should be anyway

Is Tuilagi a good signing ? He has been ordinary at the Tigers this year

I feel the same as you Jen, but I keep telling myself it's hopefully a case of disillusionment at the Tigers. Losing minutes. Back to bench. I'm tough on Des, but one of his biggest assets is his ability to get these types of players to lift well above their pay grade.

I feel the same as you Jen, but I keep telling myself it's hopefully a case of disillusionment at the Tigers. Losing minutes. Back to bench. I'm tough on Des, but one of his biggest assets is his ability to get these types of players to lift well above their pay grade.
I watched a couple of his games at the start of the year when he was close to best on park,there is definitely something there.
Hopefully partnering up Haumole will bring out the best/beast in him.

David Gower was another Eel late bloomer who came over to Manly then went back to the Eels. Suits me if the Eels keep paying good money to get these guys back, they are good value as bargain players but not ones you want to get in a bidding war over.
I've no doubt Davey will do his best for Manly this year, it's what he does.
Gower joined Manly from SGI. A clever ball player, wasted by Toovey on the bench in the 2013 GF. When a fresh set of legs was needed in that game, it was all too late.

After a snappy Google, I noted that he went on to play 101 FG games for Parramatta from 2014-20, retiring at 35. So Parramatta got their money’s worth out of him.

Prior to that, he had made only 38 FG appearances across eight seasons in the ESL and NRL, starting back in 2006 at Salford.

A late bloomer.

Last edited:
Especially the "cancers", eh Bozo?
Look after your physical and phycological self feathered friend
Your physical self living a healthy life style
And your Phycological well being by not hanging on to bitterness
As these can trigger cancer
Have a happy day

Gower joined Manly from SGI. A clever ball player, wasted by Toovey on the bench in the 2013 GF. When a fresh set of legs was needed in that game, it was all too late.

After a snappy Google, I noted that he went on to play 101 FG games for Parramatta from 2014-20, retiring at 35. So Parramatta got their money’s worth out of him.

Prior to that, he had made only 38 FG appearances across eight seasons in the ESL and NRL, starting back in 2006 at Salford.

A late bloomer.
Spot on re 2013 GF.

Absolutely terrible last night.

Good coaching from Cowboys to identify him as a huge defensive liability in the air on last tackles. Him dropping the ball directly lead 2 of their last 3 tries.

Can't get to Parra quick enough

Absolutely terrible last night.

Good coaching from Cowboys to identify him as a huge defensive liability in the air on last tackles. Him dropping the ball directly lead 2 of their last 3 tries.

Can't get to Parra quick enough
bahahahaha - he shouldn't have been catching bombs. Garrick has been superb for us... and last night he had to ensure he was there to defuse those bombs... in one of them he was standing there 5 metres away waiting to see what happened. Nanai was causing panic with those bombs and it is on Garrick to attack the ball not on Haumole and Davey, who both dropped them, to bail the team out.

Again different perspective at the game. He worked hard, did a lot of tough Carrie’s and overall defended well. One glaring error where he passed inside to Saab but I didn’t think “bloody Davey” when he dropped the bomb. I thought why was he the only Manly player jumping. Expected Garrick to fly through to be honest (and I thought Garrick was excellent overall).

Again different perspective at the game. He worked hard, did a lot of tough Carrie’s and overall defended well. One glaring error where he passed inside to Saab but I didn’t think “bloody Davey” when he dropped the bomb. I thought why was he the only Manly player jumping. Expected Garrick to fly through to be honest (and I thought Garrick was excellent overall).
EXACTLY! Garrick's job every day of the week. Davey was pretty damn good again last night and Garrick was fabulous as always - his goalkicking cost us and yes it is his job to defuse those bombs but gee he is one tough all heart player.. pretty hard to bag him because he is doing a super job at the back.

They didn't identify Davey, they have been kicking to Nanai all year

Correct. Surely Des and his coaching team discussed this and had some plans to try and nullify this 🤔

I am sure it wasn't Davey volunteering to try and catch them. WTF was he doing getting in the way of Garrick.
Did Garrick call mine.

All simple tactics the coach tells players in under 12's.

Did the players not listen to Des orbwas there no plan or communication whatsoever on last tackle kicks?

Correct. Surely Des and his coaching team discussed this and had some plans to try and nullify this 🤔

I am sure it wasn't Davey volunteering to try and catch them. WTF was he doing getting in the way of Garrick.
Did Garrick call mine.

All simple tactics the coach tells players in under 12's.

Did the players not listen to Des orbwas there no plan or communication whatsoever on last tackle kicks?
At the end of the day... the simple "rule" of fullback play is always always the fullback has the call and overrules everyone else back there. If it was a one off you could blame Davey or Haumole for getting in the way... but given it happened 4 times at least I think that says that there was no call and that is on Garrick or a winger or even a centre.... no way a second rower should be diffusing bombs... and no way Des is coaching the side that backrowers catch bombs... Purely on the inexperience of the back three and in fact back 5....in not being decisive and taking charge to be the one to jump to diffuse them or at least offer Nanai a good contest.

Obviously reported he was going back to parra & now confirmed the bulldogs... not sure what is worse!

Can't we just give tapau up now & entice him to stay!

Can't see him getting many games over there as opposed to being a starter here!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2