Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In my opinion these are three players worth letting go. To beat the top teams we need impact players. Foran is an 80 minute player but over the hill, Davey is a good defender but I don’t notice him in attack, and Walker while good I am happy to see him toil with the Warriors.

We need youth, speed, and impact in the modern game and the money loosened from these three will help.

We need to build the team around Garrick, Koula, Tui, Parker Schuster and DCE when it comes to the backline and get one or two more young ones in.

Forwards it’s time to let Marty go. Good player but mailing it in these days and his departure frees up nice money.

Saab and Harper I’m on the fence.

NYEagle
No room for Turbovic in your calculations?

Quoting: “No room for Turbovic in your calculations?”

Thanks Terry for the reminder. Forgot about Turbo 😝

NYEagle

Good luck to him...and I really mean it because he'll need it. Look at previous players that left our club and went to the slime, their careers went backwards. On the other hand when slime players come to Manly they become better players and more importantly win premierships. Just ask our former centre of excellence killer. Just saying 🤫

Last edited:
So all the parra forwards are flatmates right? If matterson goes to dolphins does that mean they have a spare bunk?

In the Obeid days they all got their own apartment, looks like times are tough since the cap breach.

it makes that player media that he did a few months ago look a bit ordinary now, how he was grateful how Manly stood by him last year when he was gone for most of the year, Oh good luck to him I guess, like someone else said, he will need it going back over there

Davey has showed zero today. Just sitting on the left edge waiting for the ball to get to him.
Go looking for the ball!!

No wonder Des didn't want to pay more than minimum wage.
yes he was quiet today BUT if you have an understanding of the game at all he is an edge backrower.... Schuster kept running himself out there as Davey was running lines... Schuster was holding the ball. A bit hard for an EDGE backrower to go looking for the ball when your job is to be on an edge. Now there were times that Davey did hit the ball up in the middle coming out of trouble as he should but if he goes looking for the ball and then there is a play down his side and he is not in position Des would roast him. On the other side of the field Foran is feeding Haumole early and often given the big unit every chance. Now Davey is not Haumole but Davey does run great lines whereas Humole is a monster and steam rolls people ... but it is Schu's job to either hit him early or play out the back... Schu today did neither. Davey is no star just an honest no beg your pardon footballer. Schuster was very ordinary today... late in the second half he had two players outside him unmarked and again went himself.

Last edited:
He’s third lowest in average metres in our starting 17 and equal most with penalties conceded with Jake this year, but if you read this thread you’d think he’s the best backrower in the comp. If he wants to go back to the club that let him go then please do it
bahahahaha - not sure anyone said he was a great player... in general what is agreed by a few on here is that he is a no nonsense 80 minute player who doesn't make errors and can be counted on to do his job pretty well every game. Now not sure how your stats are worked out if that is based on his metres per game that he has actually played... or total metres over the 14 games... but you conveniently overlooked his error rate is uber low and his tackle efficienciency is 98. something percent. I am disappointed that he is going back and if our offer was very similar to theirs - I concur then good riddance. I still think we need another all heart player in that pack besides Jake and Croker... just gives us much better balance in the pack.

yes he was quiet today BUT if you have an understanding of the game at all he is an edge backrower.... Schuster kept running himself out there as Davey was running lines... Schuster was holding the ball. A bit hard for an EDGE backrower to go looking for the ball when your job is to be on an edge. Now there were times that Davey did hit the ball up in the middle coming out of trouble as he should but if he goes looking for the ball and then there is a play down his side and he is not in position Des would roast him. On the other side of the field Foran is feeding Haumole early and often given the big unit every chance. Now Davey is not Haumole but Davey does run great lines whereas Humole is a monster and steam rolls people ... but it is Schu's job to either hit him early or play out the back... Schu today did neither. Davey is no star just an honest no beg your pardon footballer. Schuster was very ordinary today... late in the second half he had two players outside him unmarked and again went himself.

Yes totally Schuster and Davey were ordinary today. Schuster's worst game in Manly colours.

Yes totally Schuster and Davey were ordinary today. Schuster's worst game in Manly colours.
Schuster is uber talented but today he was poor. Davey supe quiet but very hard if you are running your lines and your 5/8 isn't hitting you with the ball. But then again Schu was not playing out the back either... he just kept stifling the attack. Very DCE'ish when he is playing ordinary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8