Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sad when we are signing PArra rejects
Not a star, but not a reject. Davey has been outperforming lane who's been his usual lazy self and matterson has been quiet. Eels fans are annoyed they let go of him. Meanwhile, we let go of Corey Waddell to go pursue his career as a penalty magnet at the bulldogs and let Joel T simmer into the sunset after an understandably tame season.

This may not be a game-breaking signing, but a notable improvement in my eyes (as well as Olakautau) on 2020's second-row stocks as Davey has shown commitment (persevering to debut at 28), a good offload and versatility. Looks good in the manly jersey and will be a good change for him as he begins his role as a late blooming second-rower. Davey ticks all the boxes of a workhorse forward and one every club needs to win a premiership. Should also be good for culture given he seems very respected by Eels players.

Have you been watching the finals @Ben ?
Are you saying that Davey was a dominant player and over achieved in the finals ?
I am asking as I have not been watching the finals

Just stating that as a club we can't afford rep quality players 1-17 like some clubs are able to. We need these type of signings to really flourish to squeeze some bang for our buck. By no means he is a dominant player but this guy is a bit of a work horse where I think he will outplay his current contract with us in 2 years time. As long as we get some value out of him in these 2 years ill be happy with that.

Just stating that as a club we can't afford rep quality players 1-17 like some clubs are able to. We need these type of signings to really flourish to squeeze some bang for our buck. By no means he is a dominant player but this guy is a bit of a work horse where I think he will outplay his current contract with us in 2 years time. As long as we get some value out of him in these 2 years ill be happy with that.
This is not all about not being able to afford rep quality players Ben
This is all about not being able to afford Mediocre people running our club .
No excuses Ben for not being able to get rep quality players
Any one can pay big money for quality players and pay little money for second raters . You dont have to be a quality recruitment person to do that .
The Storm recruited unknown quality rep players and did not pay rep money for players like Munster , Addo Carr, Papenhuyzen , Vunivalu , Brendon Smith Jahrom Hughes etc
We need Smart Storm people at our club that have the ability to raise the bar so we can compete with Bewnchmark clubs like the Storm instead of succumbing to those mediocre weak and pathetic excuses why we cant do this and we cant do that .
I dont know about yoiu @Ben but I dont get paid for making excuses in my job
I have never had a job that paid me for making excuses
Can you imagine if you were running a business and the people that you paid said to you in the meeting , I cant do this and I cant do that ?
My Boss once told me . I do not pay you for making excuses . Find a way or find another employer or career . I had pride in my self and found a way .
The moral of the story is ...
If our great club is to be made great again . We need great Manly people that can find a way and not an excuse
Excuses are for incompetent people that drag their organization down to their incompetent level
Great people raise clubs because they raise the bar and find a way
graph-clipart-raise-the-bar-2.gif

Last edited:
Agree. Beggars cant be choosers and we have close to $4M in wages to Turbo, Jurbo, DCE and Marty. I like him. He is raw, runs hard and hits hard. I think he will be a starter. Re other "Parra rejects" it would make sense if it was Schneider or GJennings. GJennings is currently better than any winger we have.

So you dont get the moral of the story . Is that what you are saying ?

No ... What I am saying is that the moral that you believe to be there is non existent ...

We are discussing the value of motivation in a contest of equals ... both human, both capable of higher comprehension, both elite professional athletes playing at the same level ...

You, raise an impossible example of a duck playing cricket ... and with a phenomenal leap of stupidity suggest that because that won't work ... either will the former ...

No ... What I am saying is that the moral that you believe to be there is non existent ...

We are discussing the value of motivation in a contest of equals ... both human, both capable of higher comprehension, both elite professional athletes playing at the same level ...

You, raise an impossible example of a duck playing cricket ... and with a phenomenal leap of stupidity suggest that because that won't work ... either will the former ...
I think you are playing ducks and drakes here feathered friend

The interesting thing I read on Twitter is that the Eels, who ran 3rd , are purging 11 of their 30 , that's one third of their team.

Our #PURGE looks minuscule by comparison.
It looks like 11 parra players are not going to lie in Brad Arthurs bed in 2021 . The bed that he will make and lie in and live to see another contract or die in .
Brad obviously thinks that he cant squeeze any more potential from these players to raise his team to another level .

I think some people here expect the next immortal to come onto the market for $200k or less.

They won't... but we do need good players on the cheap who punch above their weight, Davey looks like he does just that

Immortals were unknowns before they were hand picked by astute judges
The Great Godfather handpicked our Incomparable Immortal form the middle of nowhere on the South coast .
The dogs let one go in JT because they thought he was to small

There is nothing smart about buying cheap players as you get what you pay for
Smart people buy value players that dont just punch above their own weight .They knock out the opposition feathered friend

Immortals were unknowns before they were hand picked by astute judges
The Great Godfather handpicked our Incomparable Immortal form the middle of nowhere on the South coast .
The dogs let one go in JT because they thought he was to small

There is nothing smart about buying cheap players as you get what you pay for
Smart people buy value players that dont just punch above their own weight .They knock out the opposition feathered friend

It's called a salary cap, and no team has 30 bona fide superstars in it.

You are aware that Melbourne still sign depth players like Brenko Lee for not much money, and they get the job done when called upon.

They even signed Cheyse Blair when we got rid of him, and very nearly won the competition in 2016 with him on the field.

You need players like this as well as talented youngsters who have potential (who may or may not become the next big thing).

I thought that this year showed us that we need younger players with speed

Not sure how Davey meets either of these criteria Or Foran for that matter
This year showed us we needed a classy play maker with big match winning experience and we got him in Foran .
I have not seen Davey play in the finals . What is your take on him ?

It's called a salary cap, and no team has 30 bona fide superstars in it.

You are aware that Melbourne still sign depth players like Brenko Lee for not much money, and they get the job done when called upon.

They even signed Cheyse Blair when we got rid of him, and very nearly won the competition in 2016 with him on the field.

You need players like this as well as talented youngsters who have potential (who may or may not become the next big thing).
I think I made my point in my original post .
At the end of the day ....The people that wear the smart thinking cap make all the difference with the salary cap .

Absolute rubbish signing.

If you want to see how good he is, watch the try that Reynolds set up on the weekend for Cam Murray.

There is a reason this guy didn't play fg until he was 28...it's cause he is ****.

Another slow and old second grader...I'd rather we'd kept Waddell and that's saying something

Jesus Christ, give him a go before we all crucify him. He played himself into a starting backrower position over Lane in the top 3 Parramatta Eels team. As crusher said:

“Andrew will be a very handy acquisition and will add plenty of depth to our NRL squad,’’ Cleal said.
You were a Bears fan no surprise you celebrate mediocrity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7