Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

Leho

Premium Member
Ben Kennedy copped an absolute pasting too. Turned out pretty good.
Hey hey hey slow down, BK was already an origin and international player
But I get what your saying

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
2018 Tipping Competitor
Ben Kennedy copped an absolute pasting too. Turned out pretty good.
That’s where I learnt my lesson lol, thought he was a terrible signing when we announced him

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
That’s where I learnt my lesson lol, thought he was a terrible signing when we announced him
We have all learned our lessons and I hope Des has learned his as well as he has not won a comp since 2011 .

I love you Des but I love you more when you are winning comps for the mighty Sea eagles !!!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol, always cracks me up reading the “couldn’t even make the Eels” type chat on here. A quick refresher of initial opinions of some of the 2008 squad when we signed them or halfway through their opening seasons

Robertson “can’t even make the Canberra side, dud”
Matai “can’t defend, will never be a first grader”
Lyon “fat, useless, overrated piece of ****”
Orford “hopeless, will never win a comp with him in the 7”
Kite “can’t catch, waste of money”
Ballin “Bennett reject, why would we want him”
Perry “Newcastle don’t want him, must be ****”
Hall “reserve grader at multiple clubs, crap”
Bryant “Mark who, can’t even make the **** raiders, why do we want him”

Move onto later years and you have the likes of Galuvao “rusty told him to become a priest, useless and will offer nothing”

Moral of the story - Judge guys on what they produce when they are actually here
Actually all those posters were spot on. The players you mention only started improving after reading the advice we were giving out here. :)

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
Actually all those posters were spot on. The players you mention only started improving after reading the advice we were giving out here. :)
The Great Silvertails forum strikes again lol

Technical Coach

Des Hasler once said to me ( at one of the functions we had ) and in response to my question which was “ we’ve made the top 4 Des so what sets us aside from the other 7 to win this thing “.

He said , “ basically the top 4 all are about the same level so it really comes down to attitude , belief in your mates and the will to succeed , oh and if you’ve got some great leaders the others will follow”.

The month , August
The venue , Crown Plaza, Gold Coast
The year,..........2008
Which is basically what i said Mark.

1) A good attitude is first and foremost(they tend to be the self motivators with a good work ethic no matter what and offer a consistency in performance you can rely on)
2)Because you know the players inside and outside of you are working with a good attitude you feel apart of a team, you have belief in each other to be their for each other when times are tough on and off the field.
3)Leaders in the team keep highlighting standards and push levels of performance in themselves and others.

Right now our player mix in terms of the above is not right, i could go through a list of what i think is the negative personality traits in the team and where the mix is lacking but it can easily be shot down as "you're an outsider, what would you know of each individual" and we are back to square one or i end up being seen as "not a true supporter".

Too many players in this squad fit inside these categories,
Needing a father figure, A confidence player, lacking maturity off the field, playing within themselves/protecting themselves, lacking leadership.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Which is basically what i said Mark.

1) A good attitude is first and foremost(they tend to be the self motivators with a good work ethic no matter what and offer a consistency in performance you can rely on)
2)Because you know the players inside and outside of you are working with a good attitude you feel apart of a team, you have belief in each other to be their for each other when times are tough on and off the field.
3)Leaders in the team keep highlighting standards and push levels of performance in themselves and others.

Right now our player mix in terms of the above is not right, i could go through a list of what i think is the negative personality traits in the team and where the mix is lacking but it can easily be shot down as "you're an outsider, what would you know of each individual" and we are back to square one or i end up being seen as "not a true supporter".

Too many players in this squad fit inside these categories,
Needing a father figure, A confidence player, lacking maturity off the field, playing within themselves/protecting themselves, lacking leadership.
I don’t think it’s too hard to pick out who you’d be targeting on this and it’s an opinion and opinions are like arseholes ( everyone has one ) so go hard or go home I reckon !!

No doubt the success we had in 2007/08 came off the back of the input of Ben Kennedy in 2005-06, we lack that genuine leader now undoubtedly.

And the players just moulded together ( poker parties and the like ) and you could see they were a team!!

As you know there’s no “ I” in team and in my opinion one of the things really lacking currently is a team attitude / culture ....watch how the young Panthers go just to see how that works.

Technical Coach

I don’t think it’s too hard to pick out who you’d be targeting on this and it’s an opinion and opinions are like arseholes ( everyone has one ) so go hard or go home I reckon !!

No doubt the success we had in 2007/08 came off the back of the input of Ben Kennedy in 2005-06, we lack that genuine leader now undoubtedly.

And the players just moulded together ( poker parties and the like ) and you could see they were a team!!

As you know there’s no “ I” in team and in my opinion one of the things really lacking currently is a team attitude / culture ....watch how the young Panthers go just to see how that works.
Hopefully the purchase of Foran can deliver some "run it f**k ya" moments during the season, problem is Foran is not going to play hard like the previous leader he was and as such won't be able to lead by example----will just piss others off if he plays soft and comes up with such a comment.

Jake is a potential leader by his actions and effort plays but the way he speaks sounds like an angry primary school kid not getting his way.

I don't mind naming names when i feel performance attributes or skill level are exaggerated or under-estimated but all i will do naming names on this topic is start a long ass thread that goes beyond my time and patience these days.(maybe in 2008 i would deliver a long dribble thread but not 2020)

I hope the purchase of Foran is not just a case of "back to old times" and it is DCE and Foran in the halves, surely Des can come up with something better than "what was old is new again"---i hope 2012 isn't his last year of innovation that made a difference.

Members online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20