Alex Johnston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bozo never really had superior speed, but what he had in abundance was determination. Added to the fact that like Wombat, he was a back with a forwards build, and he was just bloody hard to stop. And when the mood took him, such as the 1973 Grand Final, he was damn near unstoppable.

The fact that he was also a genius with the ball in his hands and had skills superior to just about everyone, plus he was also a top notch defender ... and its no wonder he was voted as one of the original Immortals.
Bozo never really had superior speed
How many schooners have you had today feathered friend :)

Bozo never really had superior speed, but what he had in abundance was determination
I was lucky enough as a youngster in the early 70s to see Bozo in action at Brookie a number of times. He was essentially a fantastic sidestepper and naturally elusive (some things I've seen Munster do actually remind me a little of Bozo) but for a couple of years in the early 70s he also had blistering acceleration. His second try in that 73 GF is a fair example of that.

I expect he really worked hard to increase his speed as he was a fitness fanatic and quite a way ahead of his time in that regard.

I started a thread recently ... asking if you could only sign one player ... who would it be ....

My conclusion was that it had to be a player that could fill in at fullback ... without our win % without Tom dropping to 20% ....

If we are after Johnson ... then at least somebody is listening to me .... even if you numbnuts aren't ..
Im listening to you Woodsie lol..

I started a thread recently ... asking if you could only sign one player ... who would it be ....

My conclusion was that it had to be a player that could fill in at fullback ... without our win % without Tom dropping to 20% ....

If we are after Johnson ... then at least somebody is listening to me .... even if you numbnuts aren't ..
What did u say?

Bozo never really had superior speed, but what he had in abundance was determination. Added to the fact that like Wombat, he was a back with a forwards build, and he was just bloody hard to stop. And when the mood took him, such as the 1973 Grand Final, he was damn near unstoppable.

The fact that he was also a genius with the ball in his hands and had skills superior to just about everyone, plus he was also a top notch defender ... and its no wonder he was voted as one of the original Immortals.
Check out Bozo's superior speed, he's number 6. 3 tries and 2 assists - especially his second and third tries show good pace.

Hoppa has to prove his worthy of selection. That kind of depth is a good problem to have

But Hoppa is off contract so we have to throw some dough his way if we want to keep him. We also need to show a pathway into NRL. We know he has to prove himself so does he but if he doesn't get selected because we keep putting players in front of him how does he do that.
Don't get me wrong if we can get Johnson all the better but I'm thinking if we do before hoppa resigns then he maybe lost

But Hoppa is off contract so we have to throw some dough his way if we want to keep him. We also need to show a pathway into NRL. We know he has to prove himself so does he but if he doesn't get selected because we keep putting players in front of him how does he do that.
Don't get me wrong if we can get Johnson all the better but I'm thinking if we do before hoppa resigns then he maybe lost
I think manly offered hoppa 250 right? Also read that xerri had been in 240 at cronulla, so 250 would seem fair enough for hoppa at this stage of his career?

I think manly offered hoppa 250 right? Also read that xerri had been in 240 at cronulla, so 250 would seem fair enough for hoppa at this stage of his career?
Certainly agree 250k is good coin for hoppa. Him balking at it has more to do with where he sees himself fitting in with Turbo at 1. If he goes purely for money so be it i guess we just have to wait and see

Please sign this guy.
Been calling for it for ages. We need a fullback, who is willing to play behind Tom. And AJ is in the top 10 fullbacks in the game.....not bad for a guy that is 2nd string at his club, and potential clubs.

Get him, even at the expense of Walker, if it comes to that.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8