Alex Johnston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
*Backs without Superior Speed cannot fly like Sea eagles *

1974-evading-bob-fulton.jpg

His not off contract?!! He is signed for another 3 years plus they have just lost Nick Citric to dogs, why even mention him, cannot even approach him and he won't be going anywhere

I thought he was of contract end of this year?

Raiders have Valemi, smith-shields, Rapana and simonson

All look better than ours, surely we can nab one

I started a thread recently ... asking if you could only sign one player ... who would it be ....

My conclusion was that it had to be a player that could fill in at fullback ... without our win % without Tom dropping to 20% ....

If we are after Johnson ... then at least somebody is listening to me .... even if you numbnuts aren't ..

I started a thread recently ... asking if you could only sign one player ... who would it be ....

My conclusion was that it had to be a player that could fill in at fullback ... without our win % without Tom dropping to 20% ....

If we are after Johnson ... then at least somebody is listening to me .... even if you numbnuts aren't ..
Sir numb nut please

*Backs without Superior Speed cannot fly like Sea eagles *

View attachment 15340

Bozo never really had superior speed, but what he had in abundance was determination. Added to the fact that like Wombat, he was a back with a forwards build, and he was just bloody hard to stop. And when the mood took him, such as the 1973 Grand Final, he was damn near unstoppable.

The fact that he was also a genius with the ball in his hands and had skills superior to just about everyone, plus he was also a top notch defender ... and its no wonder he was voted as one of the original Immortals.

Personally I think we'd be crazy not to at least make Johnston an offer for 2021 and beyond. He has tons of pace, can play wing and fullback and probably centre if needed. Sure he's not the best defensively, but what outside back really is?

And when playing wing he primarily plays on the left ... Slowfua's wing.

A Manly back 3 of Turbo, Johnston and either Garrick, Hopoate, Funa etc would be very potent indeed. And very fast, which for Manly lately would be a novelty.

Personally I think we'd be crazy not to at least make Johnston an offer for 2021 and beyond. He has tons of pace, can play wing and fullback and probably centre if needed. Sure he's not the best defensively, but what outside back really is?

And when playing wing he primarily plays on the left ... Slowfua's wing.

A Manly back 3 of Turbo, Johnston and either Garrick, Hopoate, Funa etc would be very potent indeed. And very fast, which for Manly lately would be a novelty.

Don't care if we get Daffy Duck ... as long as he can fill in at fullback without our season ending ...

Just trying to get my head around things, Say we sign Johnson like a lot here want, what happens to Hoppa, considering there is also talk of a Saab / Garrick swap ? The same ones that want Johnson want Hoppa in the side.
Just asking ?

Don't care if we get Daffy Duck ... as long as he can fill in at fullback without our season ending ...

I'd just be happy to get through a season where the only games Turbo might miss are when he's on Origin duty.

He played 23 games in 2016 (out of 24), 23 in 2017 (out of 25), 22 in 2018 (out of 24) ... 12 in 2019 (out of 26) and so far just 6 in 2020 (out of 16), which could turn into 8 if he does return in Round 19 like they are now saying. In the past two years he'll have literally played less than one full (normal) season combined.

He's a great player, but damn he has become injury prone in the past couple of years. Hopefully ... hopefully he's past that.

Just trying to get my head around things, Say we sign Johnson like a lot here want, what happens to Hoppa, considering there is also talk of a Saab / Garrick swap ? The same ones that want Johnson want Hoppa in the side.
Just asking ?

If truth be told, Hoppa probably needs to spend time (even if just half a season) playing for Blacktown before he gets a regular spot in the NRL side. Hopefully he and others get that in 2021. I think he's currently only getting selected for 2 reasons. First and put simply, we're fast running out of outside backs. And second, to try and make sure he stays at Manly beyond this season.

Just asking ?

Johnson is a given .. as far as what he brings .... Hoppa is a potential solution ...

In my opinion you can get lost always looking too far down the road ... the object is to win next year .... not win when the pups are weaned ... if Hoppa reaches the lofty heights predicted ... all good ... we will just have to offload someone ...

If truth be told, Hoppa probably needs to spend time (even if just half a season) playing for Blacktown before he gets a regular spot in the NRL side. Hopefully he and others get that in 2021. I think he's currently only getting selected for 2 reasons. First and put simply, we're fast running out of outside backs. And second, to try and make sure he stays at Manly beyond this season.
Johnson is a given .. as far as what he brings .... Hoppa is a potential solution ...

In my opinion you can get lost always looking too far down the road ... the object is to win next year .... not win when the pups are weaned ... if Hoppa reaches the lofty heights predicted ... all good ... we will just have to offload someone ...

Good points about existing and potential and time of course thanks for that.
So if we are faced with a choice, and let Hoppa go but snag Johnson, all should be sweet? Yes ideally we get both, obviously, but like almost everything more often than not, not.

At the bare minimum we jag 2 of A Hoppa, Johnston or Saab. Offload if we can Taufua, Garrick, Croker, Anderson. Taken that Elliott, Metcalf and Miski will not be re-signed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8