Alex Johnston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who do you consider the best finisher?
Do you want a finisher with few mistakes or one that can carry the ball out on 1 or 2 but has more than a few errors in them?

Addo - Carr strike rate is around 75% who most would say is the best currently.
Johnston is around 70% - leading tryscorer 2014, third 2015, = 2nd 2017, =2nd 2020
Neither are what you would call big on taking the hit ups.

Fergo has a strike rate of 50% but for some reason is the " big modern day winger" that everyone is after.

I know what type of winger I'd rather have.

Nofa
Katoa
Sivo
Cotric
Tupou

AJ has benefited greatly from a strong left side attack and a team that’s never short on penalties out of their own end. He’s good but overrated in my eyes and not worth big coin. Also don’t really rate his work at fullback and is a defensive liability. Just my opinion though.

I think Saab is a better target and imagine DCE putting bombs up for him and Tom, would be very hard to defend. I think we should be targeting Saab, starling and sironen. Cust/schuster at 5/8 and suli and Walker in centres with Parker as backup
I agree saab and Starling should be our targets. Starling is a great little player and has a crisp pass on him. Saab is the winger we need tall and athletic. Des will make him the next Daniel tupou (hopefully) i like Johnson from souffs but i think he will want to much money.. though that would solve our fullback back up drama.

Nofa
Katoa
Sivo
Cotric
Tupou

AJ has benefited greatly from a strong left side attack and a team that’s never short on penalties out of their own end. He’s good but overrated in my eyes and not worth big coin. Also don’t really rate his work at fullback and is a defensive liability. Just my opinion though.
Nofa is a beast... id love him at manly he would be my new favourite player

I agree saab and Starling should be our targets. Starling is a great little player and has a crisp pass on him. Saab is the winger we need tall and athletic. Des will make him the next Daniel tupou (hopefully) i like Johnson from souffs but i think he will want to much money.. though that would solve our fullback back up drama.

starling has re-signed with raiders for another 2-3 years.

Winger Alex Johnston is staying at the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
In a major backflip, the club offered Johnston a two-year deal on Monday, which he has accepted.

Johnston has accepted more than $100,000 a season less than he could have got from the Melbourne Storm.

It is a huge coup for Rabbitohs fans, who started an online petition to overturn the club’s original decision not to offer him a contract beyond this season.

Alex Johnston has rejected a richer deal from Melbourne to remain at South Sydney next season. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
Alex Johnston has rejected a richer deal from Melbourne to remain at South Sydney next season. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
MORE NEWS

This season he is the NRL’s equal second-highest tryscorer (14) behind Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma.

Johnston, 25, faced the prospect of being forced out of his beloved club due to salary cap restraints.

The off-contract South Sydney flyer had the ideal chance to put himself back in the shop front window during last week’s loss to the Storm, with Manly also believed to be interested in securing his services, but in the end it only further convinced the Rabbitohs that one of their most popular players should stay at Redfern

Johnston’s developing on-field chemistry with fullback Latrell Mitchell had already emerged as the key to keeping him at South Sydney next year.
While Souths still await a decision from teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii, they had also been working just as hard to try and find enough money in the salary cap to keep their beloved local junior.
Hollywood superstar Russell Crowe used a private plane to jet Suaalii and his family to his Nana Glen property in an attempt to keep him at the Rabbitohs.
It is a blow for the Storm, who are losing both Josh Addo-Carr and Suliasi Vunivalu at the end of the season and saw Johnston as an ideal replacement for Addo-Carr in particular.

Seriously unless we pay massive overs who the **** that is decent would join us? What's the sell? What do we offer? We ain't going to win a comp anytime soon. Development of our young guys is the only option.

Last edited:
A little relieved. As many pointed out in the other game he is a good finisher but isn't a star at much else and was rejected as the backup fullback to Latrell. Still believe he isn't elite but is in the awkward space between above average and elite. Would've been a risky signing if we were to enter a bidding war to get him and potentially pay overs. Someone better suited will come up. Im still hoping we swap Garrick for Saab just on potential alone

Like to see it happen but is what it is. Hopefully Saab comes off with Garrick trade, come 2021 I hope to think our backline looks something like this
Tom, Saab, Funa, Suli, Harper, Schuster, Dce.

Seriously unless we pay massive overs who the **** that is decent would join us? What's the sell? What do we offer? We ain't going to win a copy anytime soon. Development of our young guys is the only option.
The sad part is we seem to pay overs even to keep our players. We have fallen so far off the pace as a destination club.

We are now a club of rejects and scraps anyone with talent stays clear of us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7