Albert Hopoate Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In addition to @Ryan 's list, Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau were both 17 when they made their NRL debuts.

Not sure who was the youngest debutant for Manly. Bob Fulton, Geoff Toovey and Tom Trbojevic (maybe Jake too?) were all 18 for their first grade debuts for us. There will be plenty more that I haven't listed.

@Lyonstomenzies :
Graham Eadie @ 17 - youngest player to debut for Manly :clap:

Michael Robbo Robertson @ 18 (Raiders)
Benji @ 18 (Tigers)
Chris Lawrence @ 17 - youngest to debut for Tigers
Owen Craigie @ 17 - youngest for Knights
Taumololo @ 17 - youngest for Cowboys
Ritson @ 16 - youngest for Sharks
K Hunt @ 17 - youngest for Broncs
Chase Stanley @ 17 - youngest for Dragons
P Mellor @ 16 - youngest for Rabbits
Cooper Vuna @ 17 - youngest for Warriors
Jordan Rankin @ 16 - youngest for Titans
Campbell Graham @ 18 (Souths)

ps thanks to @Manly To Win! for some stats!

Last edited:
Our forwards, and forward depth is mint. Don't get me wrong. But our backline. It's awful. We have some superstar quality IN there, but these gaps need to be filled, and I don't think we have the players right now to fill them properly (and I'm giving Elgey a chance):

01. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Taufua (too slow), Parker (needs confidence), Suli (bad attitude, too slow), Elliott (needs experience), can't be anywhere near that line-up. Two of those enjoy a party lifestyle too much to work longer term.

While it's hypocracy for me to say no to Elliott about experience, that leaves for mine:

Tevita Funa
Jade Anderson
Albert Hopoate
Reuben Garrick

If you can somehow manage to acquire a big name centre like Will Hopoate, then and only then would I throw Albert to the wolves, otherwise, he's a few years away in development I think.

This Semi Kioa seems to be an invisible man ......

Named in our top 29 .... but yet he can't even get a start in a discussion ..... yet alone a YART ..... talk about under the radar .... he may sneak up and pull your pants down Ryan ...

Last edited:
Trent Barrett was only 18 when he made his debut for the Illawarra Steelers in 1996.
giphy.gif

In addition to @Ryan 's list, Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau were both 17 when they made their NRL debuts.

Not sure who was the youngest debutant for Manly. Bob Fulton, Geoff Toovey and Tom Trbojevic (maybe Jake too?) were all 18 for their first grade debuts for us. There will be plenty more that I haven't listed.

Roy Bull 1947 was aged 17 years and about 9 months when he started playing for Manly firsts.

This Semi Kioa seems to be an invisible man ......

Named in our top 29 .... but yet he can't even get a start in a discussion ..... yet alone a YART ..... talk about under the radar .... he may sneak up and pull your pants down Ryan ...
Never heard of him mate. Is he a winger or centre?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4