Albert Hopoate Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lets not get too carried away, Des's previous stint was not known for blooding juniors especially young guys. Ballin was killing it in reggies for a few years before finally getting the nod at 23, Williams 21, Ben Farrar held out Will Hoppa for half a season etc etc.

Lets not get too carried away, Des's previous stint was not known for blooding juniors especially young guys. Ballin was killing it in reggies for a few years before finally getting the nod at 23, Williams 21, Ben Farrar held out Will Hoppa for half a season etc etc.

Looking at the roster as it currently stands ..... a couple of injuries and he will have no choice .... youngest squad in the history of sporting endeavour .....

Albert like the majority of the current squad is only signed for next season so i guess the intention would be to encourage and nurture him to play at a more competitive level next season under the expectation that he will be able to compete at that better level . Then try to extend his time with Manly with him still in the club system and ideally some loyalty factors also to keep him at the club . Anyway the club can only try to get him to the next level and still keep him in Manly colours then going forward .

Albert like the majority of the current squad is only signed for next season so i guess the intention would be to encourage and nurture him to play at a more competitive level next season under the expectation that he will be able to compete at that better level . Then try to extend his time with Manly with him still in the club system and ideally some loyalty factors also to keep him at the club . Anyway the club can only try to get him to the next level and still keep him in Manly colours then going forward .

I think its also to get Hopoate in the first grade squad as inducement, given he would be one of the top half dozen juniors being sought after by other clubs. If they had left him in U 20s some other club would have offered a first grade contract and he would have been off. Give him a sense that Manly will take care of him especially with Des as coach, and he might not follow Will's path. They don't have to worry as much about Ben Trbojevic, because of a stronger link with the northern beaches. They will however need to get Schuster into first grade in 2020, or lose another special talent like they did with JWH.

I think its also to get Hopoate in the first grade squad as inducement, given he would be one of the top half dozen juniors being sought after by other clubs. If they had left him in U 20s some other club would have offered a first grade contract and he would have been off. Give him a sense that Manly will take care of him especially with Des as coach, and he might not follow Will's path. They don't have to worry as much about Ben Trbojevic, because of a stronger link with the northern beaches. They will however need to get Schuster into first grade in 2020, or lose another special talent like they did with JWH.

Union were very keen on him also.

Good point . This is why Des let other players go and made Albert a priority . Many keen judges predict that Albert will be one of the greats . Tom Turbo and Albert in the same backline will give the opposition a head ache .
Trent and Des have different visions for our club . This is why we are seeing changes and more will come .
Des will keep fine tuning our playing roster all the way to us becoming a Dynamic force once again

I think so. I think we would like to play along side his brother . The dogs have cap problems as well

Whilst i would love to see it i cant see it happening anytime soon. We also have cap issues and he is on good coin. I think i also read that he was their player of the year last year so they wont be keen on letting him go. Perhaps letting Kelly go is part of the plan however you would imagine a more high profile release such as Kapow may be required.

Whilst i would love to see it i cant see it happening anytime soon. We also have cap issues and he is on good coin. I think i also read that he was their player of the year last year so they wont be keen on letting him go. Perhaps letting Kelly go is part of the plan however you would imagine a more high profile release such as Kapow may be required.
I agree with what you are saying . This may not happen any time soon . Rebuilding does take a few years .

And to add to the excitement, if we can hold onto them, we will have Ben Trbojevic and Josh Schuster ready for first grade for 2020, two players also considered potential stars of the future.

My daughter was at primary school with Ben & even at that age (years 5 & 6) word was that he was the most gunningest gun player out of he & Tom & Jake.

My daughter was at primary school with Ben & even at that age (years 5 & 6) word was that he was the most gunningest gun player out of he & Tom & Jake.
Let him grow up, plenty of time to go either way.
(Didn’t they say the same about Trevor Chappell as a youngster?)

I cant wait for thirdbro to join the squad. Last pic i saw he was the size of turbo but plays back row. Imagine all 3 coming at you. Epic skiddies.

Its a shame we didnt harness the hoppa lads into our squad at the same time. but i have read previously albert and thirdbro played rep together. The trebs are as manly as they get. They arent going anywhere except onwards and upwards.

Albert to be given first crack at wing for mine. The hoppas are a tough family. He will take any opportunity he is given.

Well with Kelly now off to the titans, who knows what Des is thinking. If Will is brought back to play centre, then I think Albert's chance of playing on the wing would increase. At this stage though, one would assume Suli is the front runner.

As we saw with Stewarts, Turbos, etc.. Brothers just have a knack for knowing each others game.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6