Albert Hopoate Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never heard of him mate. Is he a winger or centre?

Don't know .... Semi Kioa the invisible man .... all I know is he is an ex-cronulla player and a back .... and apparently does Paseka impersonations ....

But if he has been included in our top 27 he must have some form .... maybe @Mitch or @Smokin Joe can shed some light ..??

Don't know .... Semi Kioa the invisible man .... all I know is he is an ex-cronulla player and a back .... and apparently does Paseka impersonations ....

But if he has been included in our top 27 he must have some form .... maybe @Mitch or @Smokin Joe can shed some light ..??
Unless he was just at cronulla for a year he’s one of ours. Played u18s for NZ (rep) in 2017 and 20s for us that year.

I don’t think he played for nulla but I could be wrong

Unless he was just at cronulla for a year he’s one of ours. Played u18s for NZ (rep) in 2017 and 20s for us that year.

I don’t think he played for nulla but I could be wrong

Pretty sure he played for Cronulla and switched to us mid that u/20's year ...... have seen a photo of him in Cronulla gear... but I have no info as to his form or why he has become a "smokey" into the top 27 ...... very curious ....

Pretty sure he played for Cronulla and switched to us mid that u/20's year ...... have seen a photo of him in Cronulla gear... but I have no info as to his form or why he has become a "smokey" into the top 27 ...... very curious ....
I could find him in nulla gear in 2015 when he would have been 15 or 16.

It’s about the right trajectory though. Nz school boy a year and a bit ago. Bulk up a bit. He’d only be about 19. He played flegg for us this year. Just found him in some results. Obviously has some promise

Geoff Starling was he youngest player to ever represent Australia. He was 18 years and 181 days old when playing a tour match against a New Zealand XIII at Huntly. That season he also played for the New South Wales side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Starling
I thought the Knights player Sione Matautia had become the youngest player to play for Australia? He was picked on the wing a few years ago after just a handful of first grade games, as to why, I have no idea.

He’s apparently been very impressive in the centres for the U/20’s the past two years - Big unit. Like the article from the club on Reuben Garrick I think there will be one on this young kid later in the week.

I think you will find there will be an article this week on Semi

Can't say I know a lot,he was with the Sharks ball side.We picked him up after the Ball season ended in 2017(mid season)and he played with our U20s for rest of year and last year.We signed him with a bunch of Ball players,(Weatherall a 5/8 from dragons,Tepu-Smith a prop from eels and Kioa and Metcalf from sharks).All but Metcalf came over after the Ball season ended in 2017 and finished year with our U20s.He is a solid unit and runs like a bull,defense needs work,not the tallest player from memory.Doubt he is a winger or backrower,but who knows...could be another Hurrell or another Kata/Matai type player,but needs a bit of work.I did not think he had the sort of season that would warrant a spot in the 30(more a spot in development squad),but in saying that,if he has potential and other clubs were circling then maybe we signed him to stop the vultures?Maybe Des sees a young Matai in the making?

Semisi Kioa.
Profile pic from MWSE website. It could be wrong.
41081521772_5a5820bb8b_b.jpg

SEMISI KIOA

g6cNfr0y_400x400.jpg

https://twitter.com/semisikioa

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/manly-warringah-sea-eagles/semisi-kioa/ says that he is a centre.

Went to Endeavour Sports High School:
https://endeavoursportshighschool.c...rams/rugby-league/rugby-league-photo-gallery/

Can't say I know a lot,he was with the Sharks ball side.We picked him up after the Ball season ended in 2017(mid season)and he played with our U20s for rest of year and last year.We signed him with a bunch of Ball players,(Weatherall a 5/8 from dragons,Tepu-Smith a prop from eels and Kioa and Metcalf from sharks).All but Metcalf came over after the Ball season ended in 2017 and finished year with our U20s.He is a solid unit and runs like a bull,defense needs work,not the tallest player from memory.Doubt he is a winger or backrower,but who knows...could be another Hurrell or another Kata/Matai type player,but needs a bit of work.I did not think he had the sort of season that would warrant a spot in the 30(more a spot in development squad),but in saying that,if he has potential and other clubs were circling then maybe we signed him to stop the vultures?Maybe Des sees a young Matai in the making?

Pretty much spot on. A lot very surprised on the addition of Kioa to a top 30 spot considering his 2018 season was nothing special. Very unfit/lazy and suspect in defence but runs hard and makes good metres with the ball. Very much a Kata/Hurrell type.

Does anyone know what date Albert turns 18? Des won’t be allowed to play him in the NRL until then. Appears to be very little known about him on the internet apart from the usual star junior stories like we had with Gutherson.

Does anyone know what date Albert turns 18? Des won’t be allowed to play him in the NRL until then. Appears to be very little known about him on the internet apart from the usual star junior stories like we had with Gutherson.
Someone said he could be available round 10. Don't know if this someone is right but it's what I was told

March 1 is a telling day. will Des include him in our 29 even though he will miss the first 9 or 10 rounds? I can't imagine him doing that.

Maybe Des will keep the #30 spot due to be named june 30 available for him.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7