Abbas Miski debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
"I felt really honoured when Des asked me to present Abbas with his jersey,'' Robertson said.

This is so great from dessie.. he really is manly isn't he and he knows how important these things are for the fans and the players. I loved robbo as we all did great to see him present this jersey. All the best Abbas score a try or two my SC needs it ;)

Is his dad Zaheer? He was the greatest bastman id seen along with Viv Richards until this Kholi come along.

Scored 274 in his second Test in and 215 in his last.

The first Asian to score a hundred 100's.

Was glorious to watch.
There’s a story that he deliberately got out 1st ball in a test at the scg so he could get back to the game of squash he was playing in the court in the players’ gym area.

I liked that the game ended with his possession, sending the ball dead.
Would have to be a great feeling.

I wasn’t impressed really. He did his job most of the night but his carries out of trouble were underwhelming and he was out of position for Smith’s second try. If he followed Parker in with more urgency, he would have stopped Hoppa or at least knocked the ball down.

Oh well...he wouldn’t be playing if it wasn’t for our horrendous injury toll. We could do worse...like Jono Wright...but not sure what the excitement is all about with this guy.

BUMP ! (shame on you guys)

WELL DONE ABBAS

Very good debut, I hope it was everything you hoped it would be (sorry, no hat-trick). I thought he did very well. :)

edit: @Snake thought he did terribly apparently.
Haha not terrible but I wouldn’t call it a very good debut. His opposite number scored two tries and he didn’t dent the line.

I wasn’t impressed really. He did his job most of the night but his carries out of trouble were underwhelming and he was out of position for Smith’s second try. If he followed Parker in with more urgency, he would have stopped Hoppa or at least knocked the ball down.

Oh well...he wouldn’t be playing if it wasn’t for our horrendous injury toll. We could do worse...like Jono Wright...but not sure what the excitement is all about with this guy.
Supporters like me were excited about his debut because in the pre season trials he gave an indication of being a block busting type of player and I agree with you that he didnt live up to his hype but it was only his first NRL game and maybe he can live it up next time .

Looks suspect under the high ball and as most rookies will struggle with the speed of decision making in defence at this level until he gets used to it. Should have been more willing to do the tough yards like his centre partner.

I’d like to see more but he wasn’t terrible or anything. I do worry that any team that studies the film against us might target him.

Looks suspect under the high ball and as most rookies will struggle with the speed of decision making in defence at this level until he gets used to it. Should have been more willing to do the tough yards like his centre partner.

I’d like to see more but he wasn’t terrible or anything. I do worry that any team that studies the film against us might target him.

Des is on the ball mate . He will work on all his weaknesses as he does with all our players .

I take it that some of you guys might be appreciating Taufua's input to the team a little more now. The sooner he is back the better.
It’s funny, myself and Chip posted that we wanted to see Jorge get more involved and sniff around the middle of the ruck in support and the very next week he started doing exactly that and continued it on. Best form from Jorge in 3 years I think.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12