Abbas Miski debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah, well if you read back through the 7 pages of this thread many posters seemed to be hyping him up to be an upgrade to Taufua which is surprising to me really considering how consistently well he has played since the rains went away.

Looks suspect under the high ball and as most rookies will struggle with the speed of decision making in defence at this level until he gets used to it. Should have been more willing to do the tough yards like his centre partner.

I’d like to see more but he wasn’t terrible or anything. I do worry that any team that studies the film against us might target him.
What film? He’s only played one game. Unless he really shows something, he won’t be around when we get players back.

I wasn’t impressed really. He did his job most of the night but his carries out of trouble were underwhelming and he was out of position for Smith’s second try. If he followed Parker in with more urgency, he would have stopped Hoppa or at least knocked the ball down.

Oh well...he wouldn’t be playing if it wasn’t for our horrendous injury toll. We could do worse...like Jono Wright...but not sure what the excitement is all about with this guy.

Speaking of Jono.
Playing for Erina (back row )on the central coast, and has been underwhelming, at best.
Has better technique than most at that level, especially in defence, but that's it.

It is not like ST to build up a player to unrealistic levels then slay him for not reaching that level...

Game 1....game 1. How can anyone tell after one game?
Mate some expect him to have been the new Radradra in his first game. Oh well at least Miski is a Winger not a Whinger like some!

Never bag a Manly player, and wish Miski every success .... he seems like a good footballer and has certainly proven he is a very capable winger at reggie level ....

Now we need to give him every chance of showing whether he can become a capable payer at FG level .....

My personal opinion is that he will go OK ..... and that's not a bad thing .... but OK won't be enough ... for mine lacks the physical attributes required to go to the next level ....

But best wishes to him and hope he rips in ...

Never bag a Manly player, and wish Miski every success .... he seems like a good footballer and has certainly proven he is a very capable winger at reggie level ....

Now we need to give him every chance of showing whether he can become a capable payer at FG level .....

My personal opinion is that he will go OK ..... and that's not a bad thing .... but OK won't be enough ... for mine lacks the physical attributes required to go to the next level ....

But best wishes to him and hope he rips in ...
I thought his only real blemish was he didn't seem to contest the ball for Remus Smiths alleged try .Other than that he took a couple of crucial bombs ,ran hard at the line when he had the ball ,played it correctly and didn't drop a pass .He didn't really get the opportunity to stretch out and bullock his way over for a try a-l-a Jorge or run the length of the field for a try (which Jorge could never do).
Im not saying drop Jorge for Abbas ,but he went well for his 1st grade debut in my opinion and will only get better

I thought his only real blemish was he didn't seem to contest the ball for Remus Smiths alleged try .Other than that he took a couple of crucial bombs ,ran hard at the line when he had the ball ,played it correctly and didn't drop a pass .He didn't really get the opportunity to stretch out and bullock his way over for a try a-l-a Jorge or run the length of the field for a try (which Jorge could never do).
Im not saying drop Jorge for Abbas ,but he went well for his 1st grade debut in my opinion and will only get better

Which is why I said he went OK ... and I think he will go OK .... but I have a feeling OK won't be good enough, and I dont see much more of an upside to his style .... his problem will likely be that there will always be somebody that little bit better ...

Anyway. just my opinion ..... he may go on to be a world beater .....

Mate some expect him to have been the new Radradra in his first game. Oh well at least Miski is a Winger not a Whinger like some!
No one whinged, they just gave an appraisal of his performance, which is fair enough on a football forum. He wasn’t terrible but he wasn’t great either.

The importance of what is happening is the new guys are clocking up and gaining nrl experience. If better players are purchased and or the injured players come back into the 17, these replacements become the depth the squad needs. For the last few years there hasn't been enough experience in the 30 man squad. As long as they all keep learning and improving.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8