Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Under the right tutelage TPJ could be the best buy in club history... that being said i totally agree with your points and would rather woods. Unless marty goes then TPJ for me
Even when he was receiving a lot of plaudits, he was merely going well. There was one game where he ran out of the line and put a shot on Taumalolo and the commentators and media went berserk but it was high and would simply be a penalty in today's game. He lived off the back of that game for two years. Massively overrated IMO. He can be good on his day but he has never been consistent.

I am no big fan of Woods but if by TVP you mean TPJ, he is not the type of player we need at our club. He is ill disciplined and hot and cold. I would rather Woods come and offer consistent 100m + games off the bench without errors and be a good 'professional' than a guy with a huge ego and chip on his shoulder, get suspended for 8 weeks at a time, break COVID protocols and be an all-round nuisance to our organisation.

Only my opinion though...
100% with you, Pangai is lazy and thinks 1 good play a game is enough. Some of the tries scored through him are disgraceful

Even when he was receiving a lot of plaudits, he was merely going well. There was one game where he ran out of the line and put a shot on Taumalolo and the commentators and media went berserk but it was high and would simply be a penalty in today's game. He lived off the back of that game for two years. Massively overrated IMO. He can be good on his day but he has never been consistent.
I dunno this year he has been good in most games i watch, thing is the bronco's suck so he doesn't get to shine and often trys to win the game himself with offloads etc. At Manly or storm he would only have to do his job and imo would thrive

Much prefer TPJ or Vaughn. Woods would have to come very cheap and be prepared to play NSW cup if we get back to full strength. Getting Nate Myles flash backs just thinking about it.

I dunno this year he has been good in most games i watch, thing is the bronco's suck so he doesn't get to shine and often trys to win the game himself with offloads etc. At Manly or storm he would only have to do his job and imo would thrive
He is not without talent, that's for sure. I also agree that the Broncos are a basket case which would account for some of his footy. I'm not prepared to say emphatically that I disagree with you; there is every chance he could come and make a fist of it, but he is a huge risk...not only on the field, but off it. I think there are some desperate clubs who would pay good money for him anyway so I doubt he is a legitimate option but take your point.

Most games Iv'e seen TPJ is an absolute handful in attack, but inconsistently getting involved....in defence has looked sloppy which is also reflective of his Bongo team mates....he has Super potential and if someone could find his "Go" switch and leave it permanently turned on, would be an X factor player for Any team in the NRL...

He is not without talent, that's for sure. I also agree that the Broncos are a basket case which would account for some of his footy. I'm not prepared to say emphatically that I disagree with you; there is every chance he could come and make a fist of it, but he is a huge risk...not only on the field, but off it. I think there are some desperate clubs who would pay good money for him anyway so I doubt he is a legitimate option but take your point.
I think des would make him one of the best 2nd rowers in the game. That said i doubt he will ever come here, we have a great 2nd row and the likes of the tigers will pay overs for him

yeah, Josh Jackson is similar to Jake, rarely plays a bad game and always gives 110%. Gets through so much work and dont think I have ever seen him miss a tackle.

That Thompson they have is a goer, typical Englishman. Knows only one way and that's hard and straight up the middle.
Dogs have a decent pack and are missing that mariner guy with all the hair. He goes hard! Thompson hetherington and jackson are good players. Hetherington once he curbs his aggression like marty has can become a great player imo. Id like Thompson or Jackson at Manly for say jetski and boyle ;)

Much prefer TPJ or Vaughn. Woods would have to come very cheap and be prepared to play NSW cup if we get back to full strength. Getting Nate Myles flash backs just thinking about it.
Vaughan would be a good investment, origin player still goes hard. Im sure we wont sign jetski boyle and taufua for next season. Though i think the dogs will get him purely because of the money. If hes smart he'd come to turbo land i mean manly

I get it..Woods isn't a glamorous pick up and he's on way too much coin at Cronulla.

At full strength we dont need him. But we aren't at full strength and need to play Jack goJetski and Kurt de Luis on the bench right now. Is there anyone on here that would prefer those two over Woods (on minimum wage) over the next 6 weeks?

Im not sure why people are projecting that he is suddenly going to make a full strength 17 Manly squad this year. If he does then he is probably playing pretty bloody well.

I am no big fan of Woods but if by TVP you mean TPJ, he is not the type of player we need at our club. He is ill disciplined and hot and cold. I would rather Woods come and offer consistent 100m + games off the bench without errors and be a good 'professional' than a guy with a huge ego and chip on his shoulder, get suspended for 8 weeks at a time, break COVID protocols and be an all-round nuisance to our organisation.

Only my opinion though...

Spellcheck did that to me, I posted on my phone.

Yeah, still...no thanks. Taupau or Woods is saying do you want roast pork, or dog food.

Pass, in every way.

if he joins manly i can see some issues between woods and guac,
i mean who is going to look the bigger dope when someone scores a try.
will there be a roster deciding who jumps first & to which side of his teammates when they celebrate a try.
we don't need 2 players sent to the head bin from a mid air try celebration collision

Spellcheck did that to me, I posted on my phone.

Yeah, still...no thanks. Taupau or Woods is saying do you want roast pork, or dog food.

Pass, in every way.

I'm sure it's not just about Marty vs Woods... if they were both on $200k then it would be a complete no-brainer who we would prefer.

But the extra $500-600k could go a long way if true, and we have no idea who we could be signing/retaining with that extra money (plus the standard 5-6 player turnover which happens every year for various reasons).

For me the main problem here is that we ended up in a situation where we'd be paying absolute (or nearly) nearly top dollar for 4 players in their respective positions and we seemingly need to fix it to get the best squad possible.

I'm sure it's not just about Marty vs Woods... if they were both on $200k then it would be a complete no-brainer who we would prefer.

But the extra $500-600k could go a long way if true, and we have no idea who we could be signing/retaining with that extra money (plus the standard 5-6 player turnover which happens every year for various reasons).

For me the main problem here is that we ended up in a situation where we'd be paying absolute (or nearly) nearly top dollar for 4 players in their respective positions and we seemingly need to fix it to get the best squad possible.

It's because they are up there with the top of their respective positions. Taupau adds so much. You see him getting into lazy bones Suli on the field? We have the bones of a premiership winning team. What we need is the coach, support cast (2nd tier players), rookies to make that happen.

TBH, give me a choice out of Sipley and Woods (on say $100k each), I'd take Sipley. Woods IS Nate Myles.

Please don't change perspective time to - looking at it from a different perspective.

Perspective time is your signature. I enjoy reading the annoyed posts from other members over a morning coffee. Perspective time really rubs some of them up the wrong way.

Perspective time.

I don't think Bozo gives a rats arse about how his posts might annoy other members. This is not necessarily a bad thing. :cool:

Bozo posts to the beat of his own drum, with his own unique perspective on display in every post.

Quite often I am looking at Bozos posts from a completely different perspective, but have also noticed that these posts often create havoc/entertainment/derision etc from many other Silvertails.

His perspective in posts appears to be often based on absolutely authentic and original thoughts. A characteristic that many other posters are found lacking in.

Post away Bozo but I am wondering if a small change to "Its perspective time" might even be more effective at garnering responses from other members.......positive or negative. Or even better change to "Its perspective time by Bozo" to maximise response levels.

Vanessa Morgan Riverdale GIF by Netflix Philippines

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8