Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So if we end up letting Taupau go we would lose 6m in metres gained per match but we save 500k. Seems like a fair and common sense idea by Manly.
More like 30m a game.

Taupau plays longer minutes and takes more runs, think he is averaging 142 per game.

No doubt Taupau is the better player.

We are all speculating it is Woods V Taupau though....may not be the case

Averages 12 runs per game so 8.91m per run (52 min)

Paseka 10.54m
Taupau 9.46m
Aloiai 9.2m
Keppie 8.55m
We don't need him next year @Disco. Below is the status of our current props in the thirty and also in the development squad. There is no way that Woods would come in for either Fainu or Saddler if they don't get brought through into the 30 next year. The only contentious spot could be Taupau, but he is under contract for 2022. Right now he looks like he would be very happy to remain at Manly if he can get another two years at a reduced contract rate. I seriously don't see any reason to bring him in. Fainu comes in for Boyle and Saddler for Gosiewski. That leaves Funa and Sironen as the only current players in the thirty to not be re-signed. If Funa goes he will be replaced by another back, and Sironen will be replaced by a lock/backrower. That player could represent our only "gain" for 2022, with the others coming from inside the current Manly system. Looking at the age of our current backrowers its also likely that "gain" will be a young lock or backrower poached from another teams development squad. Where does Aaron Woods fit in?

Paseka 2024

Aloiai 2023

Taupau 2022

Keppie 2024

Sipley 2023

Fainu 2021

Saddler 2021

Tu'itavake 2023

Manly (Losses) 2022 Gosiewski, Boyle, Funa, Sironen

Last edited:
We don't need him next year @Disco. Below is the status of our current props in the thirty and also in the development squad. There is no way that Woods would come in for either Fainu or Saddler if they don't get brought through into the 30 next year. The only contentious spot could be Taupau, but he is under contract for 2022. Right now he looks like he would be very happy to remain at Manly if he can get another two years at a reduced contract rate. I seriously don't see any reason to bring him in. Fainu comes in for Boyle and Saddler for Gosiewski. That leaves Funa and Sironen as the only current players in the thirty to not be re-signed. If Funa goes he will be replaced by another back (Koula perhaps), and Sironen will be replaced by a lock/backrower. That player could represent our only "gain" for 2022, with the others coming from inside the current Manly system. Looking at the age of our current backrowers its also likely that "gain" will be young lock/backrower poached from another teams development squad. Where does Aaron Woods fit in?

Paseka 2024

Aloiai 2023

Taupau 2022

Keppie 2024

Sipley 2023

Fainu 2021

Saddler 2021

Tu'itavake 2023
I'm not advocating for or against, just moderating peoples extreme statements haha.

More like 30m a game.

Taupau plays longer minutes and takes more runs, think he is averaging 142 per game.

No doubt Taupau is the better player.

We are all speculating it is Woods V Taupau though....may not be the case
Taupau averages and extra .5m per run. To gain an extra 30m, Taupua must be having 60 runs a game ;)

Under the right tutelage TPJ could be the best buy in club history... that being said i totally agree with your points and would rather woods. Unless marty goes then TPJ for me
In club history???? Doubt it!!! This guy doesn't come close to some of the players our club signed up from the 70s to now.......Malcolm Reilly, Ken Irvine, Fatty Vautin, Dessie, Cliff Lyons, Jamie Lyon, Michael O'Connor, Ron Gibbs, Matthew Ridge, Spud Carroll, Ian Roberts, Brent Kite, Ben Kennedy....should I go on??

In club history???? Doubt it!!! This guy doesn't come close to some of the players our club signed up from the 70s to now.......Malcolm Reilly, Ken Irvine, Fatty Vautin, Dessie, Cliff Lyons, Jamie Lyon, Michael O'Connor, Ron Gibbs, Matthew Ridge, Spud Carroll, Ian Roberts, Brent Kite, Ben Kennedy....should I go on??
Defeated and in despair ill say this.... we will never know ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10