Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You wouldn't think that he was a Manly trajic growing up, the only thing trajic has been his haircuts....

1080.jpg

I watched him closely against the warriors as this chat has been around for a while

He is very slow, but picks up his metres and doesn’t get driven back, and it was a good rotation he was up against

Obviously minimal coin for the remainder of the year and he would be a handy pickup with how depleted our pack is
Handy indeed.
Looks like Siro is now listed as out for the season. Sipley under a big cloud with his shoulder injury, no return date yet. Aloiai (remember him?) due back Round 22 from a serious wrist injury but until he actually runs out, who knows?

We have the talent to compete but are becoming very short of experience. Hopefully all our players will go to the Qld bubble but that's not even certain yet.

If he’s not good enough for the Sharks to keep,who have Tolman in their squad may I add,he’s not good enough for Manly.They don’t call him “The Pillow” because he can be used to suffocate your annoying mother in law.If the first thing people say when there’s a player on the market is “if he comes at the right price”or”take him on minimum coin”theres a fair chance he’s not worth it.Better to spend the money in areas where it’s most needed or upgrading others you don’t want going elsewhere

Game just played

AFB 54mins 166m 33 tackles 0 Missed
Lodge 58mins 116m 37 tackles 3 missed
Woods 47mins 140m 30 tackles 1 miss

He is still hanging with the big boys and doing a job. Don’t think he slapped anyone though haha

We have a full roster, and we need as much coin as possible to re-sign all existing personnel (we want).

08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Andrew Davey

18. Tofofoa Sipley
19. Curtis Sironen
20. Zac Saddler

Where you dropping him in? Let's not become a retirement village. He isn't any Ben Kennedy, that's for sure.

I don't get this Keppie as a back rower talk when his best games for us have been as a front rower and his worst have been in the back row - with him, Paseka, Taupau, Aloiai and Sipley I don't think we need Sharon Woods. If Aloiai and Sipley are out for a bit longer then maybe, but I'd say we could cover their losses with De Luis, or even moving Jake to prop and giving back row minutes to Schuster/Lawton/Sironen (NOT Gosiewski)

We have a full roster, and we need as much coin as possible to re-sign all existing personnel (we want).

08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Andrew Davey

18. Tofofoa Sipley
19. Curtis Sironen
20. Zac Saddler

Where you dropping him in? Let's not become a retirement village. He isn't any Ben Kennedy, that's for sure.
9 12 16 17 18 19 and 20 aren’t/haven’t been available and some we won’t see again

Unlikely to go through the remainder uninjured as well

We may get Schuster this week, but going forward this season do we perform better with De Luis, Gosiewski or Woods coming on after 20 ?

Personally I don’t give a stuff about the number beside someone’s age, I judge on what they produce

I'm not anti Woods on modest coin but with Paseka, Taupau, Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley I think we are well stocked especially with young Saddler, Alec and Sione coming through.

Therefore I wouldn't be suprised if the club is thinking that someone will take Taupau at full whack then we pick up Woods and have an extra 500k to play with.

Not sure where I land on that as I love Marty......but may make sense cap wise.

Anyway, all speculation

I'm already copping it from all and sundry that we may be signing Sharon.

It wouldn't be the worst signing in history if he's cheap but let's face it the game is moving towards faster forwards and away from slow old plodders like Woods and Tolman.... they do their job and don't let you down but offer not next to zero in attack.

I'd be surprised if we really thought this was a step forward in any way. But if he's only replacing Boyle or De Luis ( or dare I say Gosievski ) in the squad then what are we losing ??

If he’s not good enough for the Sharks to keep,who have Tolman in their squad may I add,he’s not good enough for Manly.They don’t call him “The Pillow” because he can be used to suffocate your annoying mother in law.If the first thing people say when there’s a player on the market is “if he comes at the right price”or”take him on minimum coin”theres a fair chance he’s not worth it.Better to spend the money in areas where it’s most needed or upgrading others you don’t want going elsewhere
Looking at it from a different perspective ...

He is not good enough value for the sharks because he is on top dollar there

If we can get him at a reduced price by the sharks paying chipping in then he would be better value for us .

I'm not anti Woods on modest coin but with Paseka, Taupau, Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley I think we are well stocked especially with young Saddler, Alec and Sione coming through.

Therefore I wouldn't be suprised if the club is thinking that someone will take Taupau at full whack then we pick up Woods and have an extra 500k to play with.

Not sure where I land on that as I love Marty......but may make sense cap wise.

Anyway, all speculation
I imagine this is the likely scenario.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8