Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ll take him over De Luis or Gosiewski.

He’s a turtle but he’s experienced and would he fine playing the odd 40 min role immediately. Would be a fan of him playing this weekend.

However as long as he doesnt make the 17 fully fit and is behind: Keppie Paseka Aloiai Sipley Taupau etc...

Preferentially just the remainder of this year. Club option next year

We have a full roster, and we need as much coin as possible to re-sign all existing personnel (we want).

08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Andrew Davey

18. Tofofoa Sipley
19. Curtis Sironen
20. Zac Saddler

Where you dropping him in? Let's not become a retirement village. He isn't any Ben Kennedy, that's for sure.
No where there, maybe 19-21.

But this weekend:
8 Paseka 10 Woods 13 Jake 15 Marty 16 Keppie is a decent middle rotation.

He’s an upgrade on De Luis

If he is /was such a huge manly fan.
Why hasn't he signed up for unders previously.
And why is he even thinking about the eels instead of us.
Bollocks.
I'd still sign him up thou .

Although Des didn't coach him at the Dogs, he was the one that recruited him to Canterbury. He went at the same time as Foran and both players were at the Dogs at the behest of Hasler. Then Des was sacked and never got the opportunity to coach them in blue and white.

Thus, it can be construed that Hasler is (or at least was) a fan of Woods. So there may in fact be something in this.

Another thing I am certain of after seeing AFB leave, is clubs don't get sentimental when it comes to the salary cap. Take the Broncos as another example. They are stuck at the bottom of the ladder but just let a marquee prop leave and are waiting to ship TPJ off. From that, it can be said, that Taupau's role at Manly is in jeopardy due to the cap space he takes up. That is, his current form is not necessarily going to be taken into consideration when it comes to retaining him or not.

So, I think there is certainly something in the water here re Aaron Woods. It may be that next season, Des sees Paseka and Aloiai as starting props with Woods off the bench and the other younger, cheaper options as part of the rotation.

Last edited:
He doesn't look to have the impact he once had in attack and defense, I can not recall any offloads against the Warriors or any stinging hits in defense that he came up with.

He is very slow nowadays.

The ONLY thing I would see positive is the fact Woods was a Manly fan as a kid and just maybe, would be invigorated and go extra hard in the Maroon and White....he does amble up as stated above but can win quick play balls which I like....not a Super exciting signing but feel he is a better option than Boyle, Goziewski for a start.
Dessie like the rest of us witnessed jetski fail miserably, id be much happier with woods than jack at prop

tmp2A5.jpg

Lucky we have Turbo, Saab and co out wide then. Plenty of plodders around the middle still making a fist of it. If he can get a quick play the ball and do his work and comes cheap he could offer sone good experience.

Can't we swap them Taupau for TVP and have a 500k contract instead of 900k or whatever? That could be something I'd get behind. Barrett needs leadership, let him have Woods.

He could of kept Tolman.

Speaking of leadership - Josh Jackson vs Roosters was inspiring.

Can't we swap them Taupau for TVP and have a 500k contract instead of 900k or whatever? That could be something I'd get behind. Barrett needs leadership, let him have Woods.
I am no big fan of Woods but if by TVP you mean TPJ, he is not the type of player we need at our club. He is ill disciplined and hot and cold. I would rather Woods come and offer consistent 100m + games off the bench without errors and be a good 'professional' than a guy with a huge ego and chip on his shoulder, get suspended for 8 weeks at a time, break COVID protocols and be an all-round nuisance to our organisation.

Only my opinion though...

I am no big fan of Woods but if by TVP you mean TPJ, he is not the type of player we need at our club. He is ill disciplined and hot and cold. I would rather Woods come and offer consistent 100m + games off the bench without errors and be a good 'professional' than a guy with a huge ego and chip on his shoulder, get suspended for 8 weeks at a time, break COVID protocols and be an all-round nuisance to our organisation.

Only my opinion though...
Under the right tutelage TPJ could be the best buy in club history... that being said i totally agree with your points and would rather woods. Unless marty goes then TPJ for me

He could of kept Tolman.

Speaking of leadership - Josh Jackson vs Roosters was inspiring.
yeah, Josh Jackson is similar to Jake, rarely plays a bad game and always gives 110%. Gets through so much work and dont think I have ever seen him miss a tackle.

That Thompson they have is a goer, typical Englishman. Knows only one way and that's hard and straight up the middle.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8