666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
The fact is, that with Cherry basically at Manly until the end of his career, until then we are going to need a half with organising skills because the reality is DCE couldn't organise a shag in a brothel and as we saw with the Walker experiment it harms his game when he has to do everything, which in turn hurts the team performance.
Ze Pearce becomes ze organiser and first receiver, Zen ze Cherry can remain as ze Cherry on top

Yeah, its a tough one. Carney seem obvious choice given he chasing nrl deal. On qld cup contract. Seeing how kelly went worries me with 20s kids.
Thats the trouble , the kids will take time but the funny thing is i think kelly could step up next year with a season under his belt . Carney has talant and experience but not sure about him in our colours , stranger things have happened.

Thats the trouble , the kids will take time but the funny thing is i think kelly could step up next year with a season under his belt . Carney has talant and experience but not sure about him in our colours , stranger things have happened.
Yeah there no back up plan I can see that’s a problem
Carney won dally m, mom in origin. Bloke can play will club take the punt if Mitchell does not come. Signing carney nrl version of kapernick in nfl. Bad pr.

Yeah there no back up plan I can see that’s a problem
Carney won dally m, mom in origin. Bloke can play will club take the punt if Mitchell does not come. Signing carney nrl version of kapernick in nfl. Bad pr.
Has Carney been mentioned to Manly ?

I like your analysis, and agree with it, but want to add we simply should not have let him go in the first place.
I feel ashamed we trotted him and the turbos out as the "future" and decided well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I guess so, but hindsight is a wonderful thing...he had just had a knee reco, was no guarantee for a FG spot and he was on good coin. Taupau and Walker popped up and Gutho was a way to clear some cash. I do think he is a wholehearted footballer but I don't think it's comparable to say Canterbury letting JT go or anything on that scale.

I don't think we win or lose competitions over the next 6-7 years on the back of letting Gutho go. Tom T on the other hand, that's a different proposition altogether.

Forget Pearce.

The guy we need to snare is Gutherson.

Think about it.

1. He’s now behind Hayne and French for fullback

2. He’s also well behind Norman and Moses in the halves

3. He’s a Manly junior who belongs in maroon and white

4. He kicks goals very well which we need badly

5. He’d be the perfect running 6 to compliment DCE

Who cares if he’s contracted we all know (Moylan, Maloney, Pearce, etc) that means zero.

Offer him 5 years and the no 6 jersey.

It’s a no brainer.

It’s a no brainer.

Over to you Lyall and Trent.
I love Gutho - having only seen this post now and reading the others pointing out his injury prone past..hmm worry there - but big fan - he's gutsy skilled and gives it everything

I guess so, but hindsight is a wonderful thing...he had just had a knee reco, was no guarantee for a FG spot and he was on good coin. Taupau and Walker popped up and Gutho was a way to clear some cash. I do think he is a wholehearted footballer but I don't think it's comparable to say Canterbury letting JT go or anything on that scale.

I don't think we win or lose competitions over the next 6-7 years on the back of letting Gutho go. Tom T on the other hand, that's a different proposition altogether.
Hey Snake, do you see Tom T as a long term fullback. He has to take an escalator down now to pick up a ball around his feet, imagine when he finishes growing and is 6 foot 12?

Hey Snake, do you see Tom T as a long term fullback. He has to take an escalator down now to pick up a ball around his feet, imagine when he finishes growing and is 6 foot 12?
Yes I would say so. I don't think he'll get any taller. Men reach mature height between 17-20 years old. It is something to think about though because we have all seen how patchy Greg Inglis has been at the back. It's such a physically demanding position that requires so much fitness, therefore carrying around a huge frame is difficult.

The issue is where else does he play? He is not a half and if you put him in the backrow, in the centres, or on the wing, it's like keeping a Ferrari in the garage...complete waste.

We chose to let Gutho leave and hes now playing for a club where he is greatly appreciated. I am afraid for now that ship has sailed and there has to be a question mark about his injuries now. We have options even if we do not get Pearce.

Superbly talented player who I think would have represented NSW by now if not for his injury woes.

I'd lean against bringing him back due to his run of injuries but give him huge credit for looking like a star every time he came back from a serious injury. Brett Stewart and Matt Scott are two players who won premierships after having serious leg injuries so not all hope is lost for Gutho

Gutho may be talented, he may be a goal kicker we desperately lack.....but he is damaged goods.

He had a knee reconstruction while still at Manly and that was after missing time with a broken foot. He goes to doesn't-matta and does his other knee resulting in a second reconstruction. The sad part is that he is only 23 and is realistically one knee reconstruction away from an enforced retirement.

If we don't get Pearce (I still think he has already signed with us), I wouldn't be looking at Gutho. Sorry but even Hastings is a better option IMO, and he's a quality goal kicker to boot.
Hastings better then gutherson who was leading dally m at one stage LOL hastings is garbage end of

Last edited:
I don’t think that he will ever play at Manly again.

But if anyone rights him off and thinks that he’s not a quality 5/8 then they don’t know league.

He is a class player that will always go well in any team he plays in. Heaps of players have come back from double knees but they have to be good enough. Gutho is good enough.

I think it would be great to get Gutho back in any position from 2-6. He’s just a footballer.
But if we don’t get Pearce as widely suspected I’m not phased at all. I’d give Hastings a chance if the coaching staff like his attitude. Other wise I think people will be surprised by Croker. He’s a gun and injury free. He played a real leadership role in the junior rep teams and a very successful Canberra 20’s team. He’s got a lot to play for and enjoy again. Even if he starts with Blacktown I believe he’ll show much better form than his Mounties form. He’ll get a lot out of training with the top squad first

But if anyone rights him off and thinks that he’s not a quality 5/8 then they don’t know league.

He is a class player that will always go well in any team he plays in. Heaps of players have come back from double knees but they have to be good enough. Gutho is good enough.
Gutho is a decent fill-in half although there's a reason the Eels signed Moses instead. Great 1-5 player although if he's happy to be an Eel i'm happy for him to **** off, maybe we dodged a small bullet by letting him go as he's heavily injury prone

Gutho may be talented, he may be a goal kicker we desperately lack.....but he is damaged goods.

He had a knee reconstruction while still at Manly and that was after missing time with a broken foot. He goes to doesn't-matta and does his other knee resulting in a second reconstruction. The sad part is that he is only 23 and is realistically one knee reconstruction away from an enforced retirement.

If we don't get Pearce (I still think he has already signed with us), I wouldn't be looking at Gutho. Sorry but even Hastings is a better option IMO, and he's a quality goal kicker to boot.
Hastings better then gutherson who was leading dally m at one stage LOL im so sixm

The slime fans call him king gutho hes the best player the slime have had in years.. hes the main reason they made the 8 that and thereand there piss easy draw like storm during origin lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8