666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
ok Pearce was a great option and for reasons more than “Newcastle is my dream destination “ he has been pulled that direction.
Now it’s time to get on with life and pick a 5/8 with ability and proud to be part of Manly.
My choice in order
1) Hastings
2) Croker
3) Cullen
4) Metcalfe
Wright is an option, but really a freakish runner of the ball suited to centre, where he will likely trial.
Not huge on any other available halves but maybe the club has a plan up its sleeve?
Time to move forward so who are the best options for 2018 from here?

I guess Hastings is the best of a bad bunch. My concern is he steered our Blacktown team to a last placed finish (and I'm bagging Brock Lamb - LOL). A serious first grade quality 5/8, should tear up the NSW Cup, but what I saw was less than inspiring (same goes for Croker - who frankly was awful in the games I've seen him - plain awful)

Hastings last shot at a regular first grade halves spot. If he doesn't step up and take this chance during preseason, he wont be given another one at any club. No pressure Jackson.

Assuming his attitude has changed and he works his arse off this off season, then Hastings deserves first crack.
If not then Crocker has played junior reps for NSW and Aus.

I watched almost every game last year and I think Lamb has the talent to go all the way. The kid never stops trying and unlike a lot of 20-year-olds he lays his body on the line defensively.

They won’t let him go mate, no way.

Hodko will be the one on the way out and he’s buggered!

The thing is that there is very few decent halves on the market for 2019. We may have to focus on on an internal option long term.

According to Dean Ritchie we now have a free 800k. I really do not understand our cap position at all.
That's the thing mate - not this $500k some media were claiming....ENOUGH to have made this Pearce deal work with a $100,000 - $200,000 bump up years 2 & 3.... the NRL have really added unrest throughout the deal.
Those calling Creighton at a $500,000 - 600,000 bid have my vote....if he wasn't already snapped up by Roosters of course.....
Anyways - back to our NEW 5/8 for 2018.....who is the mystery man ready to step up into Glory!!

Why is everyone assuming Lamb will be available ? Surely Hodko makes way for Pearce. You forget that the NRL have a vested interest in the Knights. Hodko will get a medical retirement next year and will be given some sort of paid role by the NRL as a development officer or community liaison. That's a given. They would be mad to cut Lamb

I guess Hastings is the best of a bad bunch. My concern is he steered our Blacktown team to a last placed finish (and I'm bagging Brock Lamb - LOL). A serious first grade quality 5/8, should tear up the NSW Cup, but what I saw was less than inspiring (same goes for Croker - who frankly was awful in the games I've seen him - plain awful)
That is a concern, but those are the BEST choices we are left with, sad.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10