666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
Couple of things:

Gutho isnt a 6 and never will be

And he will start at 1 for parra, hayne will play centre and french wing. Arthur has already stated this.

Id only ever bring gutho back as fullback but we have Tom who who is 3 times the player gutho will be

Gutho may be talented, he may be a goal kicker we desperately lack.....but he is damaged goods.

He had a knee reconstruction while still at Manly and that was after missing time with a broken foot. He goes to doesn't-matta and does his other knee resulting in a second reconstruction. The sad part is that he is only 23 and is realistically one knee reconstruction away from an enforced retirement.

If we don't get Pearce (I still think he has already signed with us), I wouldn't be looking at Gutho. Sorry but even Hastings is a better option IMO, and he's a quality goal kicker to boot.

So if we miss out on mitchell, what the trent plan.
* hastings obvious choice - good kicking game, goal kicker, has good pedigree.some mental issues around last starting gig at roosters.got blamed for season when mitchell curdled his dog.
* cullen - tough competitor in the toovs mould not sure he mix well with dce.
* croker - dont know enough seems a depth signing.
* metcalf - a for the future development.
* tom wright - has phil blake skills, imo he eyeing centre spot long term.

I dont think it will be Hastings , reason being they are shopping him around as far as i know and to keep him and start with him would be a massive turn a round. Dont think it will be Cullen somehow and the young blokes are still raw . If they went with a croker or Metcalf it would probably be a year or so away from consistent results .

Hes more like dce and we need an organiser someone who gets us to the required positions on the field. Hes a gun and id love him back but as a center but hey if we dont get pearce id rather gutho over hastings or croker

Gutho isn't a 6 and he ain't a great centre either. His biggest strengths are support play and simple but effective ball playing as the extra man...he is a 1. We don't need a 1.

As a half, he is not an organiser and has no serious kicking game. In the centres, he wouldn't let you down but his skill set wouldn't make him overly dangerous. Walker is the type of centre you need; explosive, strong and runs like his life depends on it.

I wish you guys would stop being hung up on this guy...it's like he is the ex girlfriend that got away. **** him, he is an Slimy Eel now and he is happy about it.

Couple of things:

Gutho isnt a 6 and never will be

And he will start at 1 for parra, hayne will play centre and french wing. Arthur has already stated this.
So, what will they do with Takarangi? He's an international centre.
Play him off the bench and in reserve grade? Either way I can't see him being happy.

I dont think it will be Hastings , reason being they are shopping him around as far as i know and to keep him and start with him would be a massive turn a round. Dont think it will be Cullen somehow and the young blokes are still raw . If they went with a croker or Metcalf it would probably be a year or so away from consistent results .
So who plays 6 mate. If not internally do we go after the bubbler (carney) hope he turns back clock but also his hamstrings are shot. Young tongan half at warriors shot also

So who plays 6 mate. If not internally do we go after the bubbler (carney) hope he turns back clock but also his hamstrings are shot. Young tongan half at warriors shot also
Im not real sure mate , but i think they would have something sorted out . They could go one of the young blokes , maybe cust to 7 and Dce to 6 .

Gutho isn't a 6 and he ain't a great centre either. His biggest strengths are support play and simple but effective ball playing as the extra man...he is a 1. We don't need a 1.

As a half, he is not an organiser and has no serious kicking game. In the centres, he wouldn't let you down but his skill set wouldn't make him overly dangerous. Walker is the type of centre you need; explosive, strong and runs like his life depends on it.

I wish you guys would stop being hung up on this guy...it's like he is the ex girlfriend that got away. **** him, he is an Slimy Eel now and he is happy about it.

I like your analysis, and agree with it, but want to add we simply should not have let him go in the first place.
I feel ashamed we trotted him and the turbos out as the "future" and decided well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Im not real sure mate , but i think they would have something sorted out . They could go one of the young blokes , maybe cust to 7 and Dce to 6 .
Yeah, its a tough one. Carney seem obvious choice given he chasing nrl deal. On qld cup contract. Seeing how kelly went worries me with 20s kids.

The fact is, that with Cherry basically at Manly until the end of his career, until then we are going to need a half with organising skills because the reality is DCE couldn't organise a shag in a brothel and as we saw with the Walker experiment it harms his game when he has to do everything, which in turn hurts the team performance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10