4 spots to fill .. updated ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like the look of that Trindall, he's a real footballer and seems quick between the ears on the field. Had a bad run of injuries before this year but really stepped up when needed. Seems he could definitely play hooker and a nice option. He's stuck behind Townsend and Johnson at Sharks and may be looking for an opportunity. Otherwise I agree again regarding ZDC, he's clever and plays fast, he's creative and definitely suited to the new rules
I like what I seen of Trindal in the halves. Just never seen him play hooker. I know Connor Tracey has 12 months to run at the Sharks, but as we know that often means Jack anyways. I just see Tracey as a future star at 9 or 7. Tindall would certainly be worths Crusher doing some due diligence on though.

The problem we have is just DES and hookers.

Ballin did a job. Way too much defence, pass to forwards and never ever even think of going for a run.

Clearly DES released Damien Cook because that bloke broke the rules and liked to run.

Michael Lichea was turned into another Ballin clone.

We are all kidding ourselves if we think Croker isnt DES's golden haired boy, when it comes to hooker.

The problem we have is just DES and hookers.

Ballin did a job. Way too much defence, pass to forwards and never ever even think of going for a run.

Clearly DES released Damien Cook because that bloke broke the rules and liked to run.

Michael Lichea was turned into another Ballin clone.

We are all kidding ourselves if we think Croker isnt DES's golden haired boy, when it comes to hooker.

There is merit to what you say here. Letting Cook go showed very little foresight and is concerning. I distinctly remember Lichea being congratulated on the form of his last three games in Des’ last year and how he turned his form around and was running. His response was that he decided to ignore what he was told to do and play his own game and it had been great to do so. Very interesting.

Saddler, Sione Fainu, Titmuss, we dont need a prop signing.

One of these guys will / needs to step up. They will, we're a development club, not the Chooks - we grow great players because we have to.

Saddler could become a beast. Fainu will be starting in 2-3 years.
Tuitivake aswell. It would be nice for one or 2 of these guys to burst on the scene. It's been a while since we had a guy just carve up out of the blue. Someone like a wolfman who was just a pleasant surprise and unexpected

Saddler, Sione Fainu, Titmuss, we dont need a prop signing.

One of these guys will / needs to step up. They will, we're a development club, not the Chooks - we grow great players because we have to.

Saddler could become a beast. Fainu will be starting in 2-3 years.

Yeah .. would love to know how the club (Dessie) views Saddler ... looks big, mean, mobile and aggressive enough to thrive in the modern game ... if he has the skill and attitude ...

I'm not saying this is going to happen .. but if there is an off-season atrocity with one of our players then we will have another spot to fill.

UNlikely but you never know what is around the corner.

How much would can't Walkz straight be on? I'm starting to wonder if Angus might actually be affordable? Although I am a massive wrap on Garner. **** it can we have both and forget about a hooker.

Josh Mansour told he can look for another club, would he be a good acquisition ?

His pace has been way down ever since he injured his knee at training with the Kangaroos. I think Saab is a much better option.

Ray Stone?Reed Izzard? Neither is big but mobile and could be useful utilities,a guy who can play hooker and lock/edge will usually be a bit smaller size wise but mobility will be good eg Cam Murray.
We have Tyran Ott who whilst not a star would be a solid option if called on.Think he is still eligible for flegg with the age changes mooted,bit of a leader type too.
In regards to ZDC what you say is true,but with the rule changes I think some players become more useful,the young half from the Sharks Brayden Trindall is still not signed( I think) and I think he would make a really good dummy half with a years experience.Good defender and sharp with skills that would transition well to a 9.
Ray Stone is a quiet gun I’ve been saying for him to come for ages

He was in the GF Team for the Eels when we beat them for the u20s GF ages ago (yes that team - the Titmuss try)

Hes a great mobile lock and can literally play anywhere in the pack(hooker too)

Its beyond me how a couch coach like myself is calling for a player like this - hed be on 100-200k, yet he isnt even mentioned. We have no reason not to get him.

It seems Cleal has no idea what he’s doing and Des not much better.

Hard to comment till all is said and done on signings....have a feeling there is another forward signing on the radar to add plenty....will see how it plays out over the next few months.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4