• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This is a resurrected silvertails post from 1971:

That bloody Randall is too slow at centre!!! His front on tackling is ok but there is NO WAY he can handle the workload of the forward pack!!! What is Willey doing, manly is on the slide after losing in 68 and 70. There is no way this group will be able to win the comp.

My solution for this is Schuster to 13, Jake to the 2nd row. Allows our halves to have a 3rd creator in the side.
I would do Schuster at 13 too but you couldn't start the game with him

All the clubs in form i.e. Knights & Rabbitohs who have a 13 have a strong prop at 13 and then move watson, benji etc to 13 after 15-20 mins. We should do this with Schuster as it would fit todays style perfectly.

Des said we will be 'making a second rower' so my guess is Parker to 2row and walker to centre with harper in.

I wouldn't mind it but honestly any half-made fullback would've struggled in last nights conditions. our problem last year was partly switching fullbacks after 2 weeks. I'd rather let Dylan stay at 1 until round 7 or so when tommy's back and have Koula debut in the centres. Koula is huge, fast, a fullback/five eighth with great hands, played a lot of centre. Its about time we give some kids with upside a shot

1. Dylan
3. Koula
5. Funa (for Garrick - although won't happen).
8. Aloiai
10. Paseka
13. Jake --> Paseka off after 20, Schuster to 13 and Jake to prop.

Marty off the bench. Hopefully Cust is back next week.

I really don't think we're out of it this year. We showed alot of fight yesterday which was a stark contrast to last week and back-end of 2020.

Tom back in round 7 with a full season is +10 points per game. We lost a skinny game against probably the 3rd best side in the comp... with Tom back and some consistency in selections (with youth brought in) we can still have a crack at finals.

The idea of trying out Parker in the second row has been floated on here for more than a season. I don't mind the experiment. Ditto for Suli.
Parker is good defensively and runs straight. He is not fast enough to be a centre. So why not? But surely we are not that weak that we have to experiment in First Grade before trying it out in Reserve Grade? Give Parker/Suli a run in the forwards with the Workers. See if there is any hope of the move succeeding before risking it all in the NRL.

I'll quote myself (why not?):

For me, Parker to left edge second row next week, Walker to left center, and Harper to fullback.

Why: Harper looks more confident in the FB role, Walker is obviously more comfortable in the center position (and played well at left centre when called on top do so in the past - and can set up a winger), and Parker gets to defend one spot further in towards the ruck - not brain surgery for an experienced player.

Parker is 6'3", and 100 kgs. While he would not be the biggest second rower these days, he's presumably big and strong enough to have impact in a tackle (ask Sivo).

In terms of backrowers and to put things into perspective, Watmough played 2nd row on our left edge at 95kgs. Cam Murray is listed at 90 kgs (!), and Victor Radley at 92 kgs. While these latter two are exceptions to the general rule, it proves that size isn't everything. Even Cordner and Crichton are only listed at 102 kgs. 'Our' Gojetski is listed at 95 kgs, though I suspect he's probably about 98 kgs these days.

We're down three second rowers out of four, at least out of the ones we would turn to first. We have (in theory at least) three first grade centers (stop laughing), so one of them needs to do a job for the team. Parker in the second row sounds a lot more palatable than Walker at fullback.

And to those of you clamoring for Schuster at second row: it was good for him to get some minutes - lots of them as it turned out - in the middle of it all to get match fitness and an idea of first grade defense. Cliff used to play lock for Manly occasionally, too. But it's a bit like wearing an expensive suit out bush walking; it will do the job, but that's not what it's made for, and you're just going to mess it up.

I'll quote myself (why not?):

For me, Parker to left edge second row next week, Walker to left center, and Harper to fullback.

Why: Harper looks more confident in the FB role, Walker is obviously more comfortable in the center position (and played well at left centre when called on top do so in the past - and can set up a winger), and Parker gets to defend one spot further in towards the ruck - not brain surgery for an experienced player.

Parker is 6'3", and 100 kgs. While he would not be the biggest second rower these days, he's presumably big and strong enough to have impact in a tackle (ask Sivo).

In terms of backrowers and to put things into perspective, Watmough played 2nd row on our left edge at 95kgs. Cam Murray is listed at 90 kgs (!), and Victor Radley at 92 kgs. While these latter two are exceptions to the general rule, it proves that size isn't everything. Even Cordner and Crichton are only listed at 102 kgs. 'Our' Gojetski is listed at 95 kgs, though I suspect he's probably about 98 kgs these days.

We're down three second rowers out of four, at least out of the ones we would turn to first. We have (in theory at least) three first grade centers (stop laughing), so one of them needs to do a job for the team. Parker in the second row sounds a lot more palatable than Walker at fullback.

And to those of you clamoring for Schuster at second row: it was good for him to get some minutes - lots of them as it turned out - in the middle of it all to get match fitness and an idea of first grade defense. Cliff used to play lock for Manly occasionally, too. But it's a bit like wearing an expensive suit out bush walking; it will do the job, but that's not what it's made for, and you're just going to mess it up.
Agree schuster played ok but playing backrow nullified his running and ball playing.

Parker gets knocked out every two weeks.He is fearless and I genuinely fear for his health if they do this crazy ****.

The workload of an edge forward is triple a centre.He barely touched the ball in week 1 and now he’s going to rack up a dozen hit ups.

Opposition love targeting him and when hit hard he often spills the ball.

He was part of a left edge that got destroyed in the dry just a week ago, embarassingly so.He won’t be doing six tackles. It will be twenty to thirty.

Forwards get gang tackled , it’s not one on one in tighter

He has NEVER players second row or any position in the forwards.

He is slow and and limited in ability.After week 1 everyone rightly wanted Walker in centres and him to Blacktown.

Yet In round three this is our best option? God help us.

Aloia to edge, Saddler exemption, Fainu. There are options.
There is no need for this.

Last edited:
What status on Olakau'atu injury timeline?
I think I heard 4-6 weeks depending on results of scans and possible ligament damage. Haven't seen any updates other than following

Olakau'atu is currently on the sidelines, suffering a gruesome elbow injury whilst playing NSW Cup for Blacktown against North Sydney.

He is set to spend the next six weeks on the sidelines following a nasty incident with Bears winger Matt Ikavalu, with the Roosters winger sent off for the resulting chicken-wing tackle.

I think I heard 4-6 weeks depending on results of scans and possible ligament damage. Haven't seen any updates other than following

Olakau'atu is currently on the sidelines, suffering a gruesome elbow injury whilst playing NSW Cup for Blacktown against North Sydney.

He is set to spend the next six weeks on the sidelines following a nasty incident with Bears winger Matt Ikavalu, with the Roosters winger sent off for the resulting chicken-wing tackle.
Cheers thanks mate

Parker gets knocked out every two weeks.He is fearless and I genuinely fear for his health if they do this crazy ****.

The workload of an edge forward is triple a centre.He barely touched the ball in week 1 and now he’s going to rack up a dozen hit ups.

He was part of a left edge that got destroyed in the dry just a week ago, embarassingly so.He won’t be doing six tackles. It will be twenty to thirty.

He is slow and and limited in ability.After week 1 everyone rightly wanted Walker in centres and him to Blacktown.

Does Aloiai have the stamina for 80 minutes? He's been playing approx 40 minutes per game for some time now. If the answer is yes, then by all means put him on the left edge. Toff Sipley would be Aloiai's likely replacement at prop; no exemption needed for him. We have more than enough props at present, but not to many second rowers.

Oh double B - that is pure gold - love it.

I totally agree, I just think Des is going to try it. I think it might be his excuse to get out of conceding that the Walker experiment didn't work. The narrative will be that Walker's shift is one of necessity so that Brad can cover our depleted second row stocks.

I can just see Des doing something like this, but I agree, it certainly is a risk and I'd much prefer to see Saddler come into the squad. We would be able to get an exemption given three backrowers have gone down.

Either way, I'd have Walker back to the centres which most wanted from the start. Harper to fullback.

I like ailoi and on the weekend he played great but at one point getting back onside he had the bobble heads going big time. This is a big indicator of tiredness He was gassed and was struggling big time, still tried hard but i think he needs some more fitness to get much more out of him..

He has plenty of touches works hard but it was still funny. His noggen almost fell off

This is a resurrected silvertails post from 1971:

That bloody Randall is too slow at centre!!! His front on tackling is ok but there is NO WAY he can handle the workload of the forward pack!!! What is Willey doing, manly is on the slide after losing in 68 and 70. There is no way this group will be able to win the comp.
and the same for Menzies ... that centre will be no good in the forwards .... and Steven Knight

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12