28 man squad in 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bringing Schuster in and moving walker to center with Funa automatically makes our backline better at no extra cost why move on Walker the solution is simple
Apparently Walker's contract was much smaller this year than previous but is larger next year, so yeah he costs more. How much more? We don't know.

Anyways, I doubt Des would go through all the crap he did with Walker and then move him on. Who knows?

Why does everyone think walker is gone? He is a great center why would we let him go and start who parker or funa over him. I doubt Desmond will let him go he is a premiership winning center
Does everyone forget last time Walker went back to center.The team was playing with great defensive structure as a whole .He came back and couldn't get hisheadaround it and was a massive liability in defense (Bluntly _ He was a massive turn style)
OR am I dreaming this?????

Does everyone forget last time Walker went back to center.The team was playing with great defensive structure as a whole .He came back and couldn't get hisheadaround it and was a massive liability in defense (Bluntly _ He was a massive turn style)
I think it was a dream.. walker is a great center and a great player. When he is on the field. The Schu at 6 walker next to him and either saab or funa outside walker. Thats a fast left edge. Add jetski or Guacamole plus turbo out the back and we have a solid left side

Its been a long time since walker was playing well consistently.
I think we can cover him or do better at 5/8 for less money.
He WAS a good 3/4 years ago but the position has changed and the bottom has fallen out of the market in regards to the centres value in the new game. Funa and suli have ability to play centre.

I just dont see his value now moving forward. Moreso if he is on Marty type money for next year.
He would be a good 14 if we had an 80 min hooker but not at 650,000

Must have been watching a different player previously and in regard to some of the Walker criticism or lack of value rating . Was one of our best players during the march towards and final"s games at the end of last season . Also in that spirited win against the Roosters in round 2 this season , same in that narrow loss to the Eels , then injury and in reality has hardly played much footy at all since the covid resumption . So not really sure how his form or value can realistically be gauged this season and then to the conclusion that he has limited future value to Manly . Still had it at the beginning of the year and quite sure that fully fit that he still has it [ in terms of ability ] Much will depend on Schuster "s position in the side in the future but as a 6 or centre , quite sure that Walker and fully fit will be an automatic inclusion in the run on Manly side for next season and will not be going anywhere .

Suli won’t play reggies. He just re-signed for 500 k. Walks is gone I reckon

Walker has another season left with us. They wont let him go before that. He's the best centre we've got at present, though some of the young bucks may rise. But kids like Funa, Burbo, Hopa (if we keep him) even Suli need a little more refining. Morgan Harper has only just turned 22 and could offer something positive out wide and has looked good so far, but early days. We need someone of Walker's experience and speed out wide for now.

Last edited:
I think it was a dream.. walker is a great center and a great player. When he is on the field. The Schu at 6 walker next to him and either saab or funa outside walker. Thats a fast left edge. Add jetski or Guacamole plus turbo out the back and we have a solid left side

Great centres can tackle walker can’t. Has averaged 13 games a season with us. Time to cut him.

Great centres can tackle walker can’t. Has averaged 13 games a season with us. Time to cut him.

Centres dont make a huge number of tackles. That rate is quite normal for a centre. If he was that bad, how was it he handled 5/8, a position that requires good defensive skills. He's not a one on one Parker like defender, but he does his job defensively. And his attacking ability, is superior to any centre we have at present, if he plays in that position. I was always against him playing 5/8. Lost both ways in that he doesn't have the distributing skills needed at 5/8 and we missed his pace out wide. Will be only 26 by the start of next season and many centres reach their peak around this age. If he gets over his injury and retains most of his pace, he still has a lot to offer unless someone better comes along or rises from the juniors.

Below is how statistically centres are seen as the defensive effectiveness. You'll note Walker is near one of the best, Suli one of the worst a few years back.

Centres dont make a huge number of tackles. That rate is quite normal for a centre. If he was that bad, how was it he handled 5/8, a position that requires good defensive skills. He's not a one on one Parker like defender, but he does his job defensively. And his attacking ability, is superior to any centre we have at present, if he plays in that position. I was always against him playing 5/8. Lost both ways in that he doesn't have the distributing skills needed at 5/8 and we missed his pace out wide. Will be only 26 by the start of next season and many centres reach their peak around this age. If he gets over his injury and retains most of his pace, he still has a lot to offer unless someone better comes along or rises from the juniors.

Below is how statistically centres are seen as the defensive effectiveness. You'll note Walker is near one of the best, Suli one of the worst a few years back.

Suli still one of the worst

Perfect example of how good he was prior to breaking/dislocating his ankle. This is 2017 and earlier.
Never been the same since.

Schuster is the future at 6 - not Walker. So is Walker worth half a million in the centre’s?.... when he can’t defend...has no acceleration left...?

In contrast Suli has improved these days and is leaps and bounds in front of Walker in terms of busting the line.

and we have Harper, Funa, Parker and an emerging Burbo

Hard to remember the last time Walker played for us as he is usually out injured or suspended most of the time

Don't want to see any more of Walker's sideways runs behind players His time is up

From our roster we've yet to see Tenterfield, Titmus, Sipers or T-Rex.
Will the first three be with us in 2021?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8