2021 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well this gave me a good laugh top 4 wow
Luck with injuries and it is possible, but agree if we are met with anywhere near the same amount of injuries again we're in some trouble.

Trbo DCE Foran Taupau Walker Schuster Paseka Suli Jurbo Burbo
If they stay fit and build combos we have more than enough quality in these players. Also a lot of potential out of Davey, Saab, Garner, Harper, Funa, Olakautau. A lot has to go right but if some of these players have big seasons and our combos click I think we have a really high ceiling at this stage. A lot of it will be psychological hurdles in 2021, as well as the annual injury hurdles. If someone like Foz/Schuster takes charge and if Fainu somehow returns by late season we could finally be a team-unit again that is not dependant on individual efforts, momentum and broken down play. While we should all be anxious I think there is also a good chance things click next year, we have a great foundation of players.

So the only confirmed coming is Kieran Foran with rumoured in Saab, Davey, Garner.
Out confirmed Waddell, Afb, Thompson and rumoured Garrick and Boyle.
Don’t feel a lot of optimism for 2021 our pack seems to been weakened.

So the only confirmed coming is Kieran Foran with rumoured in Saab, Davey, Garner.
Rumoured to Tupouniua too so would strengthen the forwards if true

I kind of see it a little different with AFB leaving. I think it will bring more responsibility on our backrow and backline to involve themselves and make us think about tactical plays for our forwards to beat the opposition rather than adopt that predictable one-out hitup power game we've been playing lead by AFB, Taupau and to a lesser extent Jurbo. Paseka has great footwork. Siro needs to refind his pass, Jurbo needs to have a simpler role of offloading and short passes to other forwards late at the line. Play him at prop imo and use him in bursts like State of Origin. I feel like Taupau lifts without AFB and our pack as a whole pass more and get more involved.

While it will cut down our metres gained I think it is a massive blessing in disguise. More responsibility on everyone and more incentive to play football rather than play a power game. Really excited for Paseka, he has shown some good speed and could become a dynamic prop if he starts to develop some line running and offloading off DCE/Foran/Schuster and eventually, Fainu.

I kind of see it a little different with AFB leaving. I think it will bring more responsibility on our backrow and backline to involve themselves and make us think about tactical plays for our forwards to beat the opposition rather than adopt that predictable one-out hitup power game we've been playing lead by AFB, Taupau and to a lesser extent Jurbo. Paseka has great footwork. Siro needs to refind his pass, Jurbo needs to have a simpler role of offloading and short passes to other forwards late at the line. Play him at prop imo and use him in bursts like State of Origin. I feel like Taupau lifts without AFB and our pack as a whole pass more and get more involved.

While it will cut down our metres gained I think it is a massive blessing in disguise. More responsibility on everyone and more incentive to play football rather than play a power game. Really excited for Paseka, he has shown some good speed and could become a dynamic prop if he starts to develop some line running and offloading off DCE/Foran/Schuster and eventually, Fainu.
Yeah agree around Jake this second 6 role needs to be canned in off season and just play more direct. I don’t have a lot of faith in Jack Goewiski as a starter he quite awful IMO. Paseka going to be a star in game v knights he owned the field.
The million dollar question is where Foz, Dylan walker, Schuster and Cust fit. My guess there is walker in centre will Suli and Josh at 6 with Foz rotating at 9 with Cust and hopefully Croker well away from a nrl ground.

Yeah agree around Jake this second 6 role needs to be canned in off season and just play more direct. I don’t have a lot of faith in Jack Goewiski as a starter he quite awful IMO. Paseka going to be a star in game v knights he owned the field.
The million dollar question is where Foz, Dylan walker, Schuster and Cust fit. My guess there is walker in centre will Suli and Josh at 6 with Foz rotating at 9 with Cust and hopefully Croker well away from a nrl ground.
Yeah, surely Olakautau will make it to starting second-rower by some point early in the season (if not by rd 1). Then again Jetski has a good combo with dce and seems to score very often. If he fixes up his defence and gets a little bit of a passing game to top of his good line running then maybe he is a smokey to secure a spot. Walker to centre both excites and worries me, but if he returns to some form and foz/schuster bring both he and Suli into the game then 2021 could be looking a lot better. We have some of the best players in the comp, but our combos suffered a lot this season. Main aim is to get our backline and backrow players more involved. That's one big part of the solution imo. The 9 problem is the next big one, but I think Cust has it in him to be good enough, the more playmakers on the field at the same time the better. Foz 6 would make most sense but I wouldn't put it past him to fill in at 9 from time to time or off bench.

Jade Anderson
Morgan Boyle
Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Lachlan Croker
Cade Cust
Manase Fainu
Sione Fainu
Kieran Foran
Tevita Funa
Reuben Garrick
Jack Gosiewski
Morgan Harper
Sean Keppie
Haumole Olakau’ata
Brad Parker
Taniela Paseka
Zac Saddler
Josh Schuster
Toafofoa Sipley
Curtis Sironen
Moses Suli
Jorge Taufua
Martin Taupau
Keith Titmuss
Ben Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic
Dylan Walker
Kaeo Weekes

Last edited:
1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Albert Hopoate (TBC)
3 Dylan Walker
4 Josh Schuster
5 Morgan Harper
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Taniela Paseka
9 Cade Cust
10 Martin Taupau
11 Jack Gosiewski
12 Curtis Sironen
13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Lachlan Croker (pend M. Fainu)
15 Haumole Olakau’ata
16 Sean Keppie
17 Moses Suli

Jade Anderson
Morgan Boyle
Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Lachlan Croker
Cade Cust
Manase Fainu
Sione Fainu
Kieran Foran
Tevita Funa
Reuben Garrick
Jack Gosiewski
Morgan Harper
Sean Keppie
Haumole Olakau’ata
Brad Parker
Taniela Paseka
Zac Saddler
Josh Schuster
Toafofoa Sipley
Curtis Sironen
Moses Suli
Jorge Taufua
Martin Taupau
Keith Titmuss
Ben Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic
Dylan Walker
Kaeo Weekes

Pretty close I'd say to next years group

There will be at least 3 or 4 signings outside of this squad above. We aren't finished signing yet

Given there are 29 in DCE007's list, one would think a few will be departing. Maybe Anderson, Garrick, Boyle to name three potentials. So I agree its probably not the end product.. But its pretty close. But then again will there be 30 as the number set for the grade. It may be that players like Weekes, Sione Fainu, Saddler and Titmuss end up as development players if that's the case.

Apart from Foz , don't think that any other signing has been officially confirmed yet though poster Snake has suggested that he expects Garner to be heading Manly 's way soon . Still no indication with young Hoppa and maybe just waiting until the Eels season is finished before confirming Davey 's signing . Manly C E O has apparently indicated some additional signings announcements soon but not sure what to make of that . Metcalfe not released yet ?

Given there are 29 in DCE007's list, one would think a few will be departing. Maybe Anderson, Garrick, Boyle to name three potentials. So I agree its probably not the end product.. But its pretty close. But then again will there be 30 as the number set for the grade. It may be that players like Weekes, Sione Fainu, Saddler and Titmuss end up as development players if that's the case.
Apparently 30 will be the number again. Still no news on Hoppa either

Apart from Foz , don't think that any other signing has been officially confirmed yet though poster Snake has suggested that he expects Garner to be heading Manly 's way soon . Still no indication with young Hoppa and maybe just waiting until the Eels season is finished before confirming Davey 's signing . Manly C E O has apparently indicated some additional signings announcements soon but not sure what to make of that . Metcalfe not released yet ?
Pretty sure Metcalfe was on the list to be let go

I’d think Weekes will be on a development contract as you say. Very excited to see what their plans are for him. I think 2022 will be his year in first grade, but he has what we need - S P E E D. As with all these young guys, defence will be his issue. He has a great step, but he weaves at speed which is a tremendous weapon.

I’d think Weekes will be on a development contract as you say. Very excited to see what their plans are for him. I think 2022 will be his year in first grade, but he has what we need - S P E E D. As with all these young guys, defence will be his issue. He has a great step, but he weaves at speed which is a tremendous weapon.
haven 't actually seen him in action but has been a regular junior S O O rep , so obviously doing well to date and apparently knocked back some union overtures which was promising news for Manly . Can also handle Full back as well which can only be handy , then there is that young rep winger from the Manly lower grades who looks to have a good footy future . Just have to hang onto to these sort of juniors and develop them to i st grade and do the best in retention then if they play to their potential .

Yeah read that not sure given there trying to shop Angus Crichton I believe
Chooks forum place Crichton as the no.1 priority at the moment. A few really rate Tupouinua's attack but think he is held back by his defence (but they say it's improving little by little, week by week). Roosters would be dumb to shop either of them before Cordner. Both are great future second-rowers

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2