2021 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im not sure why Siro has to pass it more. His game is running hard and good lines, he has lost his step and off load back on the inside, but he was hampred by injury most of the year. Started to come good last couple of games. Siro's main strength is breaking through the line, or running a good line which draws defenders in and then he can get an arm free for an off load or just push through the line.

Looking at the elite edge back rowers. Tyson, Viliame Kikau, Boyd Cordner. They dont pass the ball much at all. The difference this year has been the Penrith panthers who have shown quite a bit of silky ball movement on the edges, but that is also their centres.
Those 3 backrowers run great unders lines, but have a player inside and out (watch Kikau tonight)....unfortunately Sirro, who I rate, spent plenty of 2020 crabbing inside rather than running direct lines and often ran away from his team mates...though never had the luxury of the 3 guns you mentioned, who always have a minimum of 1 support player every carry.
Not just Sirro's issue...we lacked supporting energy around the ball and running 1 out leads to sideways and players being far more ineffective.
The front rowers even tonight (Penrith /Roosters), will look for 2nd phase to disrupt the middle and the backrowers will attack the edges with players pushing up alongside.

Of course I agree mate but I kinda think it’s what he’s been told to do by the coaching staff otherwise he wouldn’t be doing it so much I suppose.....
Fair call about Sironen being a runner... but even then I would say he always cuts back in... it was all a bit one dimensional with him and DCE this year.... debate is good though.
With the speed of the game now there is alot more off the cuff/ eyes up footy being played. Im sure there is times when DCE calls the snap play to siro but also alot of times when he doesnt and siros natural reaction is to cut in or under. Siro needs to be better with his awareness on the edges theres no doubt. There has been times his outside men have been left hanging

I think part of the reason was our 5/8 problem and constant merry go ride in the centres. He wasn't getting good ball.
I actually don't think he was getting any ball apart from kick returns, a pretty big reason for his form slump

So much work for MAN to do this off season.

Not even the wooden spoon Donkeys are in as bad a shape, they will off load dead wood and have open cheque book.

Our whole pattern of play needs to change.

I'm all for youth, but the balance has to be right. Right now our playing list is probably the most inexperienced youthful of any in the NRL

Our Senior players have looked past it and anything but on field leaders.

Letting AFB go. Even forgetting his metres, he is/ was our forward leader and one player who is in his prime. I just see an Alpha male with aggro hole which the club cant fill.

No recognised hooker.

Is 2021 a rebuilding year? The kids will need games and they didn't get enough this year IMO?

01. Tom Trbojevic 24
02. Jason Saab 19
03. Dylan Walker 26
04. Moses Suli 22
05. Albert Hopoate 19
06. Josh Schuster 19
07. Daly Cherry-Evans 31
09. Manase Fainu 21
10. Marty Taupau 30
12. Curtis Sironen 27
13. Jake Trbojevic 26

14. Kieran Foran 30
15. Taniela Paseka 22
16. Sean Keppie 22
17. Haumole Olakau'atu 22

I really see this as a fast, young, mobile, durable team. Fill those last two spots with key signings. Should be able to keep that core together for many years. Our depth should also be much better (great looking Canterbury Cup NSW team).

Fullbacks: 18. Tevita Funa
Wing: 19. Jorge Taufua
Centre: 20. Brad Parker, 21. Morgan Harper, 22. Ben Trbojevic
Halves: 23. Cade Cust, 24. Lachlan Croker
Props: 25. Toafofoa Sipley, 26. Morgan Boyle
Hookers:
Backrowers: 27. Jack Gosiewski, 28. Zac Saddler

* Last two positions filled with players like Titmuss, Dockar-Clay, Fainu or Izzard.

This roster (depending on the two signings) competes for a top 4 spot next season.

01. Tom Trbojevic 24
02. Jason Saab 19
03. Dylan Walker 26
04. Moses Suli 22
05. Albert Hopoate 19
06. Josh Schuster 19
07. Daly Cherry-Evans 31
09. Manase Fainu 21
10. Marty Taupau 30
12. Curtis Sironen 27
13. Jake Trbojevic 26

14. Kieran Foran 30
15. Taniela Paseka 22
16. Sean Keppie 22

I really see this as a fast, young, mobile, durable team. Fill those last two spots with key signings. Should be able to keep that core together for many years. Our depth should also be much better (great looking Canterbury Cup NSW team).

Hookers:

* Last two positions filled with players like Titmuss, Dockar-Clay, Fainu or Izzard.

This roster (depending on the two signings) competes for a top 4 spot next season.
I think we will see Cust being used as a hooker.

01. Tom Trbojevic 24
02. Jason Saab 19
03. Dylan Walker 26
04. Moses Suli 22
05. Albert Hopoate 19
06. Josh Schuster 19
07. Daly Cherry-Evans 31
09. Manase Fainu 21
10. Marty Taupau 30
12. Curtis Sironen 27
13. Jake Trbojevic 26

14. Kieran Foran 30
15. Taniela Paseka 22
16. Sean Keppie 22

Hookers:

Tupouniua and Garner completes that side nicely

01. Tom Trbojevic 24
02. Jason Saab 19
03. Dylan Walker 26
04. Moses Suli 22
05. Albert Hopoate 19
06. Josh Schuster 19
07. Daly Cherry-Evans 31
09. Manase Fainu 21
10. Marty Taupau 30
12. Curtis Sironen 27
13. Jake Trbojevic 26

14. Kieran Foran 30
15. Taniela Paseka 22
16. Sean Keppie 22

Hookers:

I thought we made these signings already? Or did they fall through?

Siro appalling lololololol........only been one of our better player but hey he was appalling!
The intent has been there but this season I don't think the value has even though I don't wish to say it. Predictable inside runs, never used his poor centre and winger outside of him, defence deteriorated by late season (due to his injuries slowing him down).

I think his injuries affected him greatly and caused him to have slow lateral movement, also only made 95 run metres on average every game (some games only around 60-70m in 80 minutes). I like Siro and his effort is commendable, but our backrow in general was really lame in 2020. Jake, AFB and Taupau had way too much ball and were let down by our backline and second rowers imo.

He is a good tough player when fit. Big off season not only to get fit, but mainly refind his passing/offloading game and then he'll prove some good value. Foran/DCE/Schuster will help him.

01. Tom Trbojevic 24
02. Jason Saab 19
03. Dylan Walker 26
04. Moses Suli 22
05. Albert Hopoate 19
06. Josh Schuster 19
07. Daly Cherry-Evans 31
09. Manase Fainu 21
10. Marty Taupau 30
12. Curtis Sironen 27
13. Jake Trbojevic 26

14. Kieran Foran 30
15. Taniela Paseka 22
16. Sean Keppie 22

Hookers:

What about Davey?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8