Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2021 squad

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
Ah the memories. Is that the 1973 team because it looks like Mayes behind Fulton
Please correct me if I am wrong ...
From left to right Irvine , Zorba , Igor Eadie , Mayes , The Incomparable Immortal , Lurch , Brown , Ian Martin
I cant make out the other Grand Final Winning Legends
1973-victory-lap.jpg

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Ah the memories. Is that the 1973 team because it looks like Mayes behind Fulton

Sorry Bozo. I just experienced one of those geriatric moments where I couldn't see the trees for the forest. Of course it was 1973, otherwise they'd be wearing chooks outfits. Just having one of those supremely dumb moments.

Batty

Patient ? Lets put things in perspective shall we my feathered friend ....
We have been patient for 9 fcking empty years
Ha. And you may have to wait another 9...
There are 16 teams and a salary cap. This ensures you will wait as long as it takes.

Des has been in charge 2 yrs and he has started seeing off the Baz signings.

Our time will come. And if you think your team deserves to win every year and be successful all the time, get in line with the other 15 clubs supporters.
Hilarious.

Freddo

I head a little further north each year
Premium Member
Please correct me if I am wrong ...
From left to right Irvine , Zorba , Igor Eadie , Mayes , The Incomparable Immortal , Lurch , Brown , Ian Martin
I cant make out the other Grand Final Winning Legends
View attachment 15750
I think it is John (Sleepy) Bucknall on the far right though I haven't looked up the the 1973 team but it was about the time he was playing.

BOZO

2019 Tipping Competitor
Ha. And you may have to wait another 9...
There are 16 teams and a salary cap. This ensures you will wait as long as it takes.

Des has been in charge 2 yrs and he has started seeing off the Baz signings.

Our time will come. And if you think your team deserves to win every year and be successful all the time, get in line with the other 15 clubs supporters.
Hilarious.
I can see your point... but I cannot feel it... as some fans Passions and expectations are high
I will tell you what is not Hilarious..... and that is the Storm has made the finals in the last 15 years and that was because they were not fazed by how many clubs there were .
They just focused was how great they can become by raising the bar higher and higher and that is something we have not been doing .

Batty

I can see your point... but I cannot feel it... as some fans Passions and expectations are high
I will tell you what is not Hilarious..... and that is the Storm has made the finals in the last 15 years and that was because they were not fazed by how many clubs there were .
They just focused was how great they can become by raising the bar higher and higher and that is something we have not been doing .
Don’t forget they cheated the salary cap at a higher percentage than any other club in the history of the game, got away with it, were allowed to keep the core spine of talent which helped them to establish a winning culture. There’s also that.

Its your decision to have such high standards Bozo, I am a little more realistic. I think the 1st Des era, into Toovey, the Baz disaster and now back to Des part 2 have all played their part in the last 9yrs.

You seem to always question why Manly can’t reach the heights of other clubs in relation to memberships, maybe most share your high standards and see the last 9yrs as inexcusable and should have produced more success...?

BOZO

2019 Tipping Competitor
Don’t forget they cheated the salary cap at a higher percentage than any other club in the history of the game, got away with it, were allowed to keep the core spine of talent which helped them to establish a winning culture. There’s also that.

Its your decision to have such high standards Bozo, I am a little more realistic. I think the 1st Des era, into Toovey, the Baz disaster and now back to Des part 2 have all played their part in the last 9yrs.

You seem to always question why Manly can’t reach the heights of other clubs in relation to memberships, maybe most share your high standards and see the last 9yrs as inexcusable and should have produced more success...?
They did cheat the cap and got what they deserved but they also overcame adversity and rose quickly once again to their great heights .
Passionate supporters that have high standards and expectations follow suit and become club members . There should be no excuse for not being a club member . You are either passionate about your club or not . Passion is the biggest motive for becoming a club member . The passion of putting your club first in what you can do for your club to make it greater as great club people often do .
The reality is the Strom did not buy their spine but handpicked it and when they all became stars they kept the cap and the team together by getting no names for little money and turning them into big game performers that would not capitulate like the lot we have had .
Lets give credit where it is due . A 15 years straight finals footy club is no fluke .

Last edited:

Batty

They did cheat the cap and got what they deserved but they also overcame adversity and rose quickly once again to their great heights .
Passionate supporters that have high standards and expectations follow suit and become club members . There should be no excuse for not being a club member . You are either passionate about your club or not . Passion is the biggest motive for becoming a club member . The passion of putting your club first in what you can do for your club to make it greater as great club people often do .
The reality is the Strom did not buy their spine but handpicked it and when they all became stars they kept the cap and the team together by getting no names for little money and turning them into big game performers that would not capitulate like the lot we have had .
Lets give credit where it is due . A 15 years straight finals footy club is no fluke .
No fluke.
But certainly would never have been as successful if they were allowed to establish a core group that they never would have if they hadn’t cheated.
Anyway, off topic.

Im sure (as my original post said) there’s more signings to come.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it is John (Sleepy) Bucknall on the far right though I haven't looked up the the 1973 team but it was about the time he was playing.
Behind Max Brown, partly obscured, might be big Herman and tough guy coach Willey.

Silver Eagle

1 T Turbo
2 T Funa
3 D Walker
4 M Suli / M Harper
5 R Garrick
6 J Schuster
7 DCE
8 T Paseka
9 C Cust / M Fainu
10 M Taupau
11 H Olakau'atu
12 C Siroren
13 J Turbo

14 K Foran
15 S Keppie
16 M Boyle
17 A Davey

Others
A Hoppa
B Parker
J Taufua
M Harper
J Anderson
L Croker
B Turbo

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Let’s do squad discussions in December, we should at least have our final 28 by then , surely !!!!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
1 T Turbo
2 T Funa
3 D Walker
4 M Suli / M Harper
5 R Garrick
6 J Schuster
7 DCE
8 T Paseka
9 C Cust / M Fainu
10 M Taupau
11 H Olakau'atu
12 C Siroren
13 J Turbo

14 K Foran
15 S Keppie
16 M Boyle
17 A Davey

Others
A Hoppa
B Parker
J Taufua
M Harper
J Anderson
L Croker
B Turbo

Pretty close to how I would see it. I would be adding Fainu Jnr to the 'Others'. He's 21, so old enough. Just get someone else to drive him to the matches. Not sure Anderson will be with us and there's still questions about Hoppa staying. Then there's Weekes, Titmus and Koula on the rise.

Manly Tragic

Tragic
Our recruitment and retention has been pretty average over the last few years with some contract extensions hard to understand. We seem to be off the pace on and off the field at present and things need to change quickly otherwise we will be cellar dwellers again next year.

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member
1 T Turbo
2 T Funa
3 D Walker
4 M Suli / M Harper
5 R Garrick
6 J Schuster
7 DCE
8 T Paseka
9 C Cust / M Fainu