2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really wish we have Sandow and Lui for next year because I have a multi-bet on certain posters complaining more than this year. ****, I've done my money

Quotes from Tooves in the "Herald":

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ieran-foran-to-play-test-20150508-ggxdtk.html

Toovey also revealed the club remained interested in signing sacked Cronulla playmaker Todd Carney, as well as poaching promising halfback Ashley Taylor from Brisbane due to Daly Cherry-Evans pending departure to Gold Coast.

"[Carney has] got a contract in France, but we're looking at all quality players that are on or off contract in the NRL and overseas," he said.

"Both our quality halves are leaving and we need to replace them. (Taylor's) name has been brought up a couple of times but I believe he's on contract at Brisbane.

"He's a quality player, a young player. But we need some experience in that area as well."

Quotes from Tooves in the "Herald":

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ieran-foran-to-play-test-20150508-ggxdtk.html

Toovey also revealed the club remained interested in signing sacked Cronulla playmaker Todd Carney, as well as poaching promising halfback Ashley Taylor from Brisbane due to Daly Cherry-Evans pending departure to Gold Coast.

"[Carney has] got a contract in France, but we're looking at all quality players that are on or off contract in the NRL and overseas," he said.

"Both our quality halves are leaving and we need to replace them. (Taylor's) name has been brought up a couple of times but I believe he's on contract at Brisbane.

"He's a quality player, a young player. But we need some experience in that area as well."

Was at the Panfers / Donkeys game last night so went early for the 20's game, the kids handy , busy, barking orders and organising plus zippy.

Very slight, and no where the defensive half that DCE is, but certainly has potential .

3 shoulder reconstructions have probably made him a bit tentative defensively.Hopefully he will fill out pretty soon and that will do his confidence the world of good...Regardless of DCE I hope we get him.

On the cusp: Nick Hynes might be the unexpected answer to the question of the Sea Eagles’ halves of the future as the Umina junior produced a star turn in Manly’s 28-18 loss at the hands of the Knights in the under-20s on Sunday.

Pitched into the fray after 20 minutes following an injury to fullback Luke Garner, Hynes created three tries to keep the Sea Eagles closer than they had any right to be.

A tall, rangy type who doesn’t shy away from the tough stuff, Hynes has been superb whenever he’s taken the field for the Sea Eagles this season.

Good News - Hodko on 7 saying he is renewing at the end of the week@:cool:

Bad News - Parra won't extend Sandow - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:
Norman and Foran will be their halves

Worse News - Idris approached Manly for a deal - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

Last edited:
Still plenty of speculation its looking more and more likely we wont see any 1/2 signing till after round 13 /
So have to still think DCE could still stay which he is entitled to do and may as well stick to the rules while they can still go our way

I'm thinking Drinkwater probably has more potential than JLJ....perhaps the club will bring him home as back up.

Still could be the possibility that Manly are trying to get dce to stay and promote from within the lower grades. Even if no dce....still promote from lower grades?

Who knows.

The club has said we don't have the talent in the lower grades we have 2 recruit from (Toovey said it) outside.

Interesting since Tom T was promoted 2 first grade (and out injured) our u20's have fallen off the cliff.

This cannot be serious Jimmy Smith he is a manly hater I expect he has made this up.

If not and it's true and this is the best we can come up with we are in trouble.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8