2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't get why we didn't just pay DCE what he was worth and sign him up for 4 years.
Maybe because that is what the old regime were trying to do.....and that would be admitting that the old regime were right about something.

Just watch Elgey play for the tweed heads seagulls and was impressive and the one we should go after to replace DCE, will improve greatly under troves and johns

Just watch Elgey play for the tweed heads seagulls and was impressive and the one we should go after to replace DCE, will improve greatly under troves and johns

In atrocious conditions he was outstanding. Plenty of toe, and held his own against some big boppers in Norths. Scotty Sattler stated the obvious when saying Elgey would like to stay, but with Cherry coming his options are very limited. Similar stance and body type to Cherry
I agree Roger. This is the guy we should go after.
** Let me put my "No I don't won't Matt Ballin gone" disclaimer in, before saying Matt Srama was excellent as well. It is widely known he is on the outer up here. Would be a good pick-up...lightening out of dummy-half.

Last edited:
major pay rise, building a premiership winning team around him, starting week in week out, working with joey johns and toovs, joining the great manly legacy, i think he'll join if we go in for him. he wont be playing with dce next year, they still have mortimer sezer and also hazard going for that 6 jersey. Just manager talk trying to get the most money he can.

I can't wait to see Elgey sign with the Titans, just to watch everyone's opinion of him change. lol

We'd have way more hope of signing Morty than Elgey or Sezer. The Titans are trying to build. You don't do that by letting talent go, unless you are..

1. Silly or
2. Manly.

*edit* I don't want Morty. I actually find it funny that the Bears promised a young Morty years ago that if they were reinstated on the CC, that he would be their captain and that they'd build a team around him. Now he is in a situation where the team he's at has signed another number 7 that they will make captain and build a team around, and he's struggling to hold a spot. Ironic.

Actually, I don't find it funny now that I've typed it out. It's kind of sad. Sign him up for our reggies!!

Last edited:
Once again, for all those who missed Elgeys previous statement....... Gold Coast boy, not interested in leaving..... Wants to learn from one of the best ( which our useless **** management couldn't land. ) Daly Cherry Evans . So we get the scraps....... We will be linked to all halves available **** or other.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see Elgey sign with the Titans, just to watch everyone's opinion of him change. lol

We'd have way more hope of signing Morty than Elgey or Sezer. The Titans are trying to build. You don't do that by letting talent go, unless you are..

1. Silly or
2. Manly.

*edit* I don't want Morty. I actually find it funny that the Bears promised a young Morty years ago that if they were reinstated on the CC, that he would be their captain and that they'd build a team around him. Now he is in a situation where the team he's at has signed another number 7 that they will make captain and build a team around, and he's struggling to hold a spot. Ironic.

Actually, I don't find it funny now that I've typed it out. It's kind of sad. Sign him up for our reggies!!

I think money could play are role in snaring Elgey.

I think money could play are role in snaring Elgey.

Where there's a dollar, there's hope I guess...

I think it will go like this, 2016 Titans halves - DCE and Sezer with Elgey to play during SOO and injuries.

On a slightly different note, with Srama on the nose (supposedly) imagine if Sezer or Elgey were given a go in the 9 jersey.

A spine of 1. Zillman, 6. Elgey, 7. DCE and 9. Sezer would be quite a force, if it clicked.

Where there's a dollar, there's hope I guess...

I think it will go like this, 2016 Titans halves - DCE and Sezer with Elgey to play during SOO and injuries.

On a slightly different note, with Srama on the nose (supposedly) imagine if Sezer or Elgey were given a go in the 9 jersey.

A spine of 1. Zillman, 6. Elgey, 7. DCE and 9. Sezer would be quite a force, if it clicked.
I'm not a fan of Sezer, but I think Elgey and DCE in the halves would be dangerous. Elgey plays best on the left edge too, so that works in his favour too given Daly plays on the right. I can understand why the Titans don't want to let Elgey go, but they may not have a choice if our offer is strong, given how tight their cap will be when DCE arrives.
Here is young 20 year old on minimum wage, being offered very good money to move to a successful club and get a start in the top grade, as opposed to staying on the GC. It could be that he never makes it, so if he can take a pay day now without even genuinely earning his market value (at this stage), it might be too good to pass up.

Are you in favour of him coming to Manly?

I'm not a fan of Sezer, but I think Elgey and DCE in the halves would be dangerous. Elgey plays best on the left edge too, so that works in his favour too given Daly plays on the right. I can understand why the Titans don't want to let Elgey go, but they may not have a choice if our offer is strong, given how tight their cap will be when DCE arrives.
Here is young 20 year old on minimum wage, being offered very good money to move to a successful club and get a start in the top grade, as opposed to staying on the GC. It could be that he never makes it, so if he can take a pay day now without even genuinely earning his market value (at this stage), it might be too good to pass up.

Are you in favour of him coming to Manly?

I am in favour of him coming, but I look at it from another view point. If he stays at the GC, he may well have to play another year in reggies, depending on Sezers form and injuries. He will definitely get a run at SOO time when DCE is picked. So, he has the opportunity to stay and learn a little from DCE and bide his time. In truth, i think he may be the next DCE. A young Qld number 7 about to hit the big time.

On the other hand, what is there to really draw him here at the moment, other than money? I thought that is the sort of player we don't want here. ;) Sure, he'll get guaranteed game time, but who will he be partnered with? Is he old enough mentally to take on the massive burden of being our full time number 7. Who ever takes the job on will have big shoes to fill, and a massive weight of expectation to carry.

If we had kept either Foran or DCE, we'd have no problem attracting a quality 5/8 or 7. By losing both together, I think we may struggle to attract anyone, unless we can get a combo deal.

I am in favour of him coming, but I look at it from another view point. If he stays at the GC, he may well have to play another year in reggies, depending on Sezers form and injuries. He will definitely get a run at SOO time when DCE is picked. So, he has the opportunity to stay and learn a little from DCE and bide his time. In truth, i think he may be the next DCE. A young Qld number 7 about to hit the big time.

On the other hand, what is there to really draw him here at the moment, other than money? I thought that is the sort of player we don't want here. ;) Sure, he'll get guaranteed game time, but who will he be partnered with? Is he old enough mentally to take on the massive burden of being our full time number 7. Who ever takes the job on will have big shoes to fill, and a massive weight of expectation to carry.

If we had kept either Foran or DCE, we'd have no problem attracting a quality 5/8 or 7. By losing both together, I think we may struggle to attract anyone, unless we can get a combo deal.
you make a very good point; excellent in fact.

I think a player like Kelly or Carney would probably come for an NRL lifeline, but yeah it's a huge ask for a rookie to come in and shoulder that burden. Maybe Joey Johns could be a carrot if he stays on?!

you make a very good point; excellent in fact.

I think a player like Kelly or Carney would probably come for an NRL lifeline, but yeah it's a huge ask for a rookie to come in and shoulder that burden. Maybe Joey Johns could be a carrot if he stays on?!

Again, to be honest, I doubt Joey will hang around much longer. I think that the quality of the halves he's had to work with in the time he's been here has given him a pretty easy ride. Next year, no matter who we sign, will be a truer test of his capabilities as a halves coach.

Please note ; Over the last couple of days I have been letting my true thoughts on Joey's coaching role out. I have nothing against him personally. I've heard some riotous stories about him through the footy grapevine over the years, and everyone that knows him in these circles regard him as a good bloke.

I hear him speak on TV about games and plays that have just happened, but that doesn't really tell me much. Anyone can dissect a game or a play after you've seen it.

Aaarrgh, it doesn't matter. Joey would have forgotten more about the game than I ever learnt. It's just my opinion. It doesn't mean much.

Does anyone, at this point of his negotiatons expect him to say anything else? I hate the fact we have singed DCE I am off(there has to be a reduction in a players potential worth after he states he wants to leave rather than having to be tempeted to leave)

I mean next thing we will believe foZ did not decide until 9am last week....

Does anyone, at this point of his negotiatons expect him to say anything else? I hate the fact we have singed DCE I am off(there has to be a reduction in a players potential worth after he states he wants to leave rather than having to be tempeted to leave)

I mean next thing we will believe foZ did not decide until 9am last week....
Exactly. It was Foran and DCE's preference to stay at manly. Money talks. Lets not forget the titans have Mortimer on decent money on the books and Christian Hazard an impressive young 5/8.

Again, to be honest, I doubt Joey will hang around much longer. I think that the quality of the halves he's had to work with in the time he's been here has given him a pretty easy ride. Next year, no matter who we sign, will be a truer test of his capabilities as a halves coach.

Please note ; Over the last couple of days I have been letting my true thoughts on Joey's coaching role out. I have nothing against him personally. I've heard some riotous stories about him through the footy grapevine over the years, and everyone that knows him in these circles regard him as a good bloke.

I hear him speak on TV about games and plays that have just happened, but that doesn't really tell me much. Anyone can dissect a game or a play after you've seen it.

Aaarrgh, it doesn't matter. Joey would have forgotten more about the game than I ever learnt. It's just my opinion. It doesn't mean much.
I reckon Joey will stay if manly wants him too. He works part time at 9 and part time at manly. He lives in the nth beaches.

Exactly. It was Foran and DCE's preference to stay at manly. Money talks. Lets not forget the titans have Mortimer on decent money on the books and Christian Hazard an impressive young 5/8.

Mortimer and sezer were horrible tonight. I expect a dce elgey halves partnership next year. Why is dce going to titans, yeah 200k more a year but such a dumb move for your career. So young still as well. Stupid!

Mortimer and sezer were horrible tonight. I expect a dce elgey halves partnership next year. Why is dce going to titans, yeah 200k more a year but such a dumb move for your career. So young still as well. Stupid!

i didnt get to watch the game, but didnt sezer score 2 tries?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8