2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
people are saying DCE is inconsistent ...

ok , throw Mateo at 5/8 , put symonds &new kid in centers and hope DCE will perform miracles !!! , new combinations take time , kenny & sterling knew when each will fart thats why they were great... we cant get a combination going because its contract talks , injuries , divisions within team mates and so on...

Let DCE play as a normal half back and things will happen , he played only 30 mins last week and calved up the spine of QLD

DCE is a great half back !!!! anyone that doesnt agree find me a better one that has won premierships..

the ref lost us the GF in 2013 , and watmough caused the downfall last year.

thoughts? There's no real quality in five eighths on the market so no point to really rush buy, unless obviously a quality player comes available. I think we should just stick to the players we have and choose one of the above and let Joey and toovs mould them into a great half. If we were to buy anyone for five eighth I think it'd be Maloney but I'd rather buy Elgey for halfback and give one of the above or youth a go at five eighth. Maybe Mateo too. Maybe even hazard from the Titans or Kobi Nikorima from the broncos, two great young players

If he plays for us we don't score any tries and he doesn't get a chance to kick any goals.
NOt sure what you were watching , however DCE decided to have one of those dropssies days.. if hodkinson played lst night we would be in the smae position as with cherry. only difference is he would of kicked those goals that the others missed.

Maybe, but I think Mateo is too good of a ball playing back rower like gifty to permanently play 6, and he's got too much size, he's definitely and option though. Mania Rudolph is a good young player we have id give him a go

Honestly would not mind having burns come back, not on a big pay of course. He played well for hull in the super league I hear

One player with experience would be ideal, Maloney is a good no 6. We don't need to pay overs though. The game last night with dce not dominating suggests that we will be alright so no need to panic buy.

people are saying DCE is inconsistent ...

Yes and its quite obvious to me as to the reason why.

I watched last nights game twice now and kept a critical eye on DCE. The reason why people are bagging him over last nights game has little to do with his errors (which were evident) but more to do with the fact he has signed elsewhere & people are pissed.

Gus Gould used to use this quote when describing great players: "watching bla bla player you can see they do the extra 1%ers. They chase & win the ball, harrass a particular player, make the extra effort in cover defense, they just compete"...etc etc.

I watched DCE make errors last night but he also did a shed load of 1%ers. Even if his conduct of late has been less than admirable, his performance last night didnt show he doesnt play for the team.

Yes and its quite obvious to me as to the reason why.

I watched last nights game twice now and kept a critical eye on DCE. The reason why people are bagging him over last nights game has little to do with his errors (which were evident) but more to do with the fact he has signed elsewhere & people are pissed.

Gus Gould used to use this quote when describing great players: "watching bla bla player you can see they do the extra 1%ers. They chase & win the ball, harrass a particular player, make the extra effort in cover defense, they just compete"...etc etc.

I watched DCE make errors last night but he also did a shed load of 1%ers. Even if his conduct of late has been less than admirable, his performance last night didnt show he doesnt play for the team.
100%

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12