2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
True we are beggars now - and not even the "lifestyle" etc will change that. But hodko is a big ****ing no. JLJ > hodko - he just insn't worth the investment.

If he plays last night he kicks our goals and we win......
If Lyon plays maybe he kicks the goals and we win? Your argument is we buy Trent to convert tries, not because he sets them up - which is the half backs main purpose. Dce was a bit off but still came up with 3 try assists and some great Defence. Hokinson did nothing except kick 2 goals and miss a pretty straight forward first attempt. Boring as bat ****. Big NO

Truth be told we probably wouldn't be able to get him anyway as he probably wouldn't come such is the mess we have been left in by letting our halves go BUT that's fine by me the bloke is average at best - I rate him about as highly as Jeff Robson.

But he's playing behind a super pack of forwards and creates next to nothing - plays in an armchair in attack and just dishes it off - solid defender makes no mistakes but offers zilch creatively. Imagine how he'd go behind our pack.

No No No No No No No .

So no doubt we'll offer him $700,000 a season the way our new management operates and pretend he's a replacement for Cherry. Crikey.

Nope. Not with that farken hair!
Nah, seriously, Hodko's overrated.

Before the game last night, the asswipe from a Betting agency said Manly dumped Hodko for DCE. In reality, Dogsler did his best to keep Hodko at Brookie but the Dogs paid overs. After that, Dogsler had no choice but to replace Hodko with a halfback nobody wanted in 2011. That was DCE.

Right now, we're back in the same situation as 2010, losing another halfback.
Guess what? There might be another revelation under the covers that people won't give a chance. Right now, it's doom and gloom.

One thing my feathered friends ought to know, that Manly jersey brought out the best in many halfbacks. In 1978, we had two of the best in the club. Gibbsy was awesome, but got injured so Martin took over and we won.

As Stalin once said, no one is irreplaceable.

But beware, the next great halfback that comes through, we'll find ourselves in the same situation again. Some "bred, not bought" club will want to buy our discovery. As the Froggies say, "C'est la vie". Umm... Froggies does not infer to Russel Gartner. @:D
-

Last edited:
The last month or so has been one of the worst I can remember as a Sea Eagles fan. Okay, there's been worse, but certainly in the last 10 years it's number 1. Personally I do not want us to try and turn DCE and Foran around. They made their decision and all parties need to move on.

Is Joey as good at his job as some people seem to think? Sometimes the smartest students don't make the best teachers.

Even after last nights game where he was off, he is still one of the best halfbacks in the game. Matai also had a off night but I still regard him as one of the best centres in the game.

JLJ is half a yard too slow. That is the difference @ NRL level & then origin level etc.

In 2nd grade he goes well enough,
solid in defence & attack, with limited kicking game - and kicks goals.

Jlj is a solid player and a more then capable backup, but I'd rather give Rudolph first team time and games as I think his skill set is larger and potential, however jlj may come good. Only time will tell.

When the bubbler incident first happened, I suggested to the Capra's that we might throw him a lifeline. I was asked, " Are you going to look after him off the field? " Then I was laughed down. I think that speaks volumes. If the Capra's weren't interested......

You should've said yes! Then you'd be a famous a-lister, especially if you did your job well.

Feck this sh1t! Everyone to the general discussion forum to discuss music....

That thread contains uber weird tastes in music. It scares me.

Mateo 5/8, Carney on the very cheap at 1/2 back.

Sign Carney for 200k per annum for three years on a very tight conditional contract.

We then have mountains to spend elsewhere.

Mateo 5/8, Carney on the very cheap at 1/2 back.

Sign Carney for 200k per annum for three years on a very tight conditional contract.

We then have mountains to spend elsewhere.
Would he come back for that? He would be on more over there I would think - maybe $300-350k AUD.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8