• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
robbiea said:
I think him & Watmough not turning up for mad monday speaks volumes..
We will see.
I hope I'm wrong ,but happy with all 3 replacements if not.

Unfortunately Brett is gone

TagMonster said:
Go manly said:
robbiea said:
We will see.

To the toilet? To lunch? Where has he gone?

Isn't Brett happily signed up with us for 2 more years at about $850k per season?

Bandit said:
TagMonster said:
Go manly said:
robbiea said:
We will see.

To the toilet? To lunch? Where has he gone?

Isn't Brett happily signed up with us for 2 more years at about $850k per season?

Yep but no where near $850k, I think I read about $500k, still enormous money compared to what Joe Average earns

Think what stands out for me most is just how many unknowns there are with regards to potential. There are 6/7 players that could burst in to the first 17 this year, and its the most excited I have been for a while with the squad because of this.

For me I prefer to start big in games and rip in early on, so for me that means starting with your big players. Mason and BJ to start in front row, then bring on Starling/Lui/Vave or whoever it might be.

Would love for someone like Tetevano to really step up and claim a starting place in the first team. From what I've seen of him, he's a tough uncompromising runner and very aggressive. Him with Mason starting could be a great combo.

Also what do people think about starting JSL alongside Mason? Would be some size there!!

Cliffy said:
I dont understand why Blair doesn't get bigger wraps. He's tall and as solid as a house under the high ball. hits it up. Can find the line. I don't. Think he's as.comfortable in the centres but dam I see a representative winger. Jorge has some pressure.

Wolfy is ahead of both of them in my books if he puts in during pre-season ( even if he has a lazy fiver on himself as leading try scorer ) He finds the line and his kick returns are better than most.
Blair next as wing or centre, Gutho can plug the holes when Snake needs a week or two off. Horhay lost his spot and has it all to do.

Gib the Pom said:
Think what stands out for me most is just how many unknowns there are with regards to potential. There are 6/7 players that could burst in to the first 17 this year, and its the most excited I have been for a while with the squad because of this.

For me I prefer to start big in games and rip in early on, so for me that means starting with your big players. Mason and BJ to start in front row, then bring on Starling/Lui/Vave or whoever it might be.

Would love for someone like Tetevano to really step up and claim a starting place in the first team. From what I've seen of him, he's a tough uncompromising runner and very aggressive. Him with Mason starting could be a great combo.

Also what do people think about starting JSL alongside Mason? Would be some size there!!
A player with size and no power comes down like a bag of s***t . Players like Choc don't have size but they are powerful and Choc was our most damaging runner and hitter . Our pack was last in metres gained in 2014 and lacked aggression and this is why 2V recruited Mason , Vave and Tetevano . Which other top 4 teams would JSL and Starling break into ?

BOZO said:
Gib the Pom said:

A player with size and no power comes down like a bag of s***t . Players like Choc don't have size but they are powerful and Choc was our most damaging runner and hitter . Our pack was last in metres gained in 2014 and lacked aggression and this is why 2V recruited Mason , Vave and Tetevano . Which other top 4 teams would JSL and Starling break into ?
To be fair, Souths had players like Clark, Turner and Tyrell who are bog average in their team and won the comp.

2015 looking like (another) great year. Love the newbies and the depth across the park.

Key changes for mine;
• We need real power, size and muscle up front. Four legitimate props…. Starling, Mason, Vave, Tetavano
• BJ Lawrence was wasted at prop this year and was always light on by about 10-15 kg. He will be a sensation in the 2nd row.
• Symonds other wide running 2nd rower and Buhrer locking the scrum.
• Bench – two of the above props (major impact) + dunamis (front row and / or 2nd row) + Mateo (ball player - runner)
• Backs?? – can’t go past
1. Snake
2. Hiku
3. Killer
4. Skivvy
5. Horhay
6. Foz
7. DCE

Nice side and with a heap of backup and options.

BOZO said:
Gib the Pom said:

Understand what you mean re Choc and power, but a little harsh on two forwards in their first year of first grade.

Not saying all players don't do it straight away, many do, but not all players who aren't absolute wrecking balls in their first year are then going to be considered a soft touch for their careers.

I was very keen on JSL last year, and just because he's not one to run in at 100mph in to the line doesn't mean it isn't effective. Look at Kitey, he very rarely sprinted full whack in to it, rather he twisted and turned and made his metres that way. JSL's style reminds me of his. And I thought very early on in the season he was extremely impressive.

Starling, hmm tough one, part of me thinks he's a decent asset, prop who can do 25/30min, but then I think about the metres in those minutes and I agree with what you say, he doesn't bend the line or bust tackles enough.. although I will say he was very good in the last few games of the season and his aggression was very welcome, and he was up there with our best forwards v dogs. It's whether he can produce that aggression week in week out that is the key.

The centres are a worry. Matai and Lyon are too slow and Matai too injury prone. We lack serious pace in the back line. We needed to let Matai go to the Warriors and find some speed out wide.

We came equal first (basically without gift) and plenty of injuries to key personnel at the back end, plus board room and player unrest. The loss of choc may come back to bite us on the arse but I think it was necessary for both parties.

I thought the new guys did a pretty good job last season under tough circumstances and with addition of extra grunt I'm really psyched about next year.

My smokey is Blake Leary.

mickqld said:
The centres are a worry. Matai and Lyon are too slow and Matai too injury prone. We lack serious pace in the back line. We needed to let Matai go to the Warriors and find some speed out wide.

Seriously??? We have the best centre pairing in the league (IMO). Jamie isn't lightning, but he's got some pace, and has been the top centre in the world for the last 5 years.

Stevie Matai has had his 2 best years ever. He's not only found the line himself, but started setting up his winger.

People do realise forwards don't generally peak till after 25

Players like JSL and Starling still have plenty of improvement in them

Killer03 said:
mickqld said:

Seriously??? We have the best centre pairing in the league (IMO). Jamie isn't lightning, but he's got some pace, and has been the top centre in the world for the last 5 years.

Stevie Matai has had his 2 best years ever. He's not only found the line himself, but started setting up his winger.

Settle down mate. Come over here and I'll get that hook out for you. :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4