2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news and welcome Mr Api!

Nothing up on the Manly site. That's twice Penrith has announced something on our behalf.

Does the new mgt or media guy have something against announcing signings? It's quite unprofessional
No, Manly are showing respect to the Panthers. Phil Gould would have wanted it this way.

Good news and welcome Mr Api!

Nothing up on the Manly site. That's twice Penrith has announced something on our behalf.

Does the new mgt or media guy have something against announcing signings? It's quite unprofessional
When Kitey signed with the Panthers Phil Gould arranged for Manly to make the announcement. This is the absolute opposite of unprofessional, it is absolutely in keeping with being respectful.

I still don't know why there has been no official announcement on the signing of Lussick. Same reason ?

New NRL rule , the current Club of a Player announces it after 10 day cooling off period. Something that came in when rd 13 Rule was abolished.

Manly will be free to 'welcome' the signings after this.

Still a WIP as off contract Players can be announced by their next club immediately

Thought it best to quote this....as some people like me didn't know...and others...well...

giphy.gif

With the Manly Halves fiascos of 2015, the NRL's 700k man, Shane Richardson, had better come up with a stringent and transparent Player Movement idea soon @:cool:

Still amazed that the NRL, who are the only ones that can actually validate a contract, are not privy to the final draft till it's go time :confused:

New NRL rule , the current Club of a Player announces it after 10 day cooling off period. Something that came in when rd 13 Rule was abolished.

Manly will be free to 'welcome' the signings after this.

Still a WIP as off contract Players can be announced by their next club immediately
Penrith announced Lewis Brown to us more than 10 days ago wasn't it?

When Kitey signed with the Panthers Phil Gould arranged for Manly to make the announcement. This is the absolute opposite of unprofessional, it is absolutely in keeping with being respectful.

I don't agree. The fact Phil Gould has already announced it to Penrith fans would suggest that he is comfortable with it being out there and Manly are able to advise their fans who have just as much right to know about the signing. Especially in the age of digital media, nothing is kept quiet for long, so I agree with Global that the club not saying a thing after Gould has already announced it is slack (if it goes beyond the 10 day rule that HappilyManly pointed out).

Grant Mayer told me one time that signing announcements were strategically released, and he said that sometimes they were held off until an off season to create some electricity and interest around a club in what is a seasonal business.

Manly had their hand tied till Foran was safely signed by either us or Parra.

They have full control of their Cap now, so expect a Friday Members Only email :)

Manly had their hand tied till Foran was safely signed by either us or Parra.

They have full control of their Cap now, so expect a Friday Members Only email :)

I think these positive announcements are being held off to offset some of Negativity likely associated with what seems ( according the media) to be 2V's imminent demise as club head coach

Some guy on LU posted this today..

All Manly fans out there, a little birdie told me that big bad Tamou is in Fulton's sights - maybe an announcement post Origin 3?
sarcasm.gif

Hope this true, would be a good signing.Apparently he knew about Brown and Api signing with us as well.

Some guy on LU posted this today..

All Manly fans out there, a little birdie told me that big bad Tamou is in Fulton's sights - maybe an announcement post Origin 3?
sarcasm.gif

Hope this true, would be a good signing.Apparently he knew about Brown and Api signing with us as well.

Watch the footage of Tamou . He makes our pack look like maroon and white soft marshmallows No wonder we are running last because we are also last on go forward metres

If he is contracted to the end 2016 then i can't see it happening but i guess you never can tell with contracts these days, Api was the same so who knows what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8