2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does any one know if Will Hopoate's contract had an escape clause if Parra reneged on their agreement to offer his father employment and retain Jamil in their squad. Both have now been seemingly forced to leave Parra (Jamil is Manly's U20 lock at present). Will Will want to honour his contract and does he have a means of getting out of it. I mean would you want to play for Parra next year?

Folau being targeted by Bulldogs - Barba wants out - Folau seems to stay at Rugby but Dugan then is targeted - Barba still wants out.
Now Dugan looks to stay at Dragons, Does Barba still want out or who will they target.

Also Todds has used up all the brown paper bags at the club since leaving....

Showing a little interest in a player and targeting them are 2 different things. No doubt Folau was chased however I can say Dugan was just a little look to see what sort of coin he demanded.

Daily Telegraph ran the story so it would have to be true:p

Anyway we (the Dogs) are linked to every player on or off contract. Gotta keep the punters guessing:rolleyes:

When the State of Origin Legends game was on earlier this year on the Sunshine Coast, I went to a meet the players do at Alex Surf Club. Had a chat with Hoppa Sr and re Will going to Parra, and from what he told me it was just a huge offer that they couldn't knock back. Said Will would have preferred to stay at Manly, but Parra's offer was $800k per season compared to Manly's $550k. That's big coin for a player that only had one year of first grade.

beardie said:
When the State of Origin Legends game was on earlier this year on the Sunshine Coast, I went to a meet the players do at Alex Surf Club. Had a chat with Hoppa Sr and re Will going to Parra, and from what he told me it was just a huge offer that they couldn't knock back. Said Will would have preferred to stay at Manly, but Parra's offer was $800k per season compared to Manly's $550k. That's big coin for a player that only had one year of first grade.

He may have only had one year of first grade, but he won a premiership and, IMO was the best winger in the game by the end of that year. I reckon he'd be close to the best player in the game today if he hadn't taken this break. Not so sure he can still achieve that now, after two years out but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Dogs may chase Kevin Locke from the Warriors if they end up signing Tomkins. I can see Hopoate returning to Manly to replace Lyon or Snake once their next contact expires.I can't see us affording him otherwise.

Don't know if anyone saw this but in today's herald they had a small piece quoting Horo as saying he has agreed to a new two year deal. Should be signed and announced next week.

bones said:
beardie said:

He may have only had one year of first grade, but he won a premiership and, IMO was the best winger in the game by the end of that year. I reckon he'd be close to the best player in the game today if he hadn't taken this break. Not so sure he can still achieve that now, after two years out but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
Was upset at seeing Hoppa go, as he was the logical replacement for Stewart,and was superb in all three positions, but paying $550,000 for a player to play on the wing is bad business, sure if Stewart, Matai or Lyon retired or left then it's a different story.

Foxsports are saying that there's interest in David Williams from Craig Bellamy. Hopefully wolfie doesn't go, especially to Melbourne!

A couple of things i heard at the game last night -
Rose wont be re-signed.
Lui from Broncos is almost done deal.
And a blast from the past Josh Perry could be signed on a one year deal. I nearly fell over when Perry was mentioned as a possible signing!!
Have to wait and see if any of above eventuate.

the mauler said:
A couple of things i heard at the game last night -
Rose wont be re-signed.
Lui from Broncos is almost done deal.
And a blast from the past Josh Perry could be signed on a one year deal. I nearly fell over when Perry was mentioned as a possible signing!!

Josh Perry? Wow thats left field. I'd rather get Joe G back for another year.

Rose for Perry would be a ludicrous decision

If Wolfman went to Melbourne it would be a nightmare, would hate to see 1 of my favourites leave us and run out in that horrible purple outfit for that disgrace of a club

the mauler said:

That'd be completely f#@ked. George is playing great footy.

Damien2812 said:
Foxsports are saying that there's interest in David Williams from Craig Bellamy. Hopefully wolfie doesn't go, especially to Melbourne!

Was having a great day till I read that. Now I feel sick. I couldn't imagine the Wolf playing for that scumbag place.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8