2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't understand why Henry could never get the best consistently out of the Cowboys. He probably over achieved at Canberra, and yet the Cows never seemed to reach their potential under Henry.
I reckon they'll be a force next year with Walters there.

Clint said:
I don't understand why Henry could never get the best consistently out of the Cowboys. He probably over achieved at Canberra, and yet the Cows never seemed to reach their potential under Henry.

I think they rely too much on Thurston who really can't do it without an origin team around him. Dont get me wrong, Thurston is a good player but with him in the side as the sole playmaker it seems everyone really waits for him to do something. Get rid of him for a steady player and they just surprise people.

Townsville Eagle said:
Clint said:

I think they rely too much on Thurston who really can't do it without an origin team around him. Dont get me wrong, Thurston is a good player but with him in the side as the sole playmaker it seems everyone really waits for him to do something. Get rid of him for a steady player and they just surprise people.

I think you may be onto something there. With the limitations of the salary cap sometimes having a champion player who alone seems to run the show limits you if that player is not there or playing consistently to their potential. Note Hayne at Parramatta, Marshall at Wests, Lockyer at Brisbane. While they had Bowen at his peak NQ were threatening, but he's either been out or off the boil and Thurston is therefore the only one you have to watc seriously. The top teams have a couple of standout players but even Manly without Brett Stewart, Melbourne without Cam Smith, Souths without Ingliss, Canterbury without Barba, Sydney City without SBW, seem to play a level lower. So much seems to depend on keeping those X factor players at peak form

I think the travel must play a part in the performance of the 'Boys. NZ suffers from it also. Both teams have very poor away records. It even seems to affect Canberra. Go figure.

Stevo said:
Doesn't seem to affect Melbourne too much.

Melb to Sydney where the majority of matches are play is an easy flight. From Townsville or Auckland it is considerably longer.
Just my theory.

Its true about Brett but Manly have DCE, FOZ, Gift & Lyon as play makers. While I reluctantly agree we are are much better side with Brett, if we lose him we still have good play makers that will rise and win us games. We just seem to do it a little more and better with Brett.

Plenty of whispers of Bris/Cows making plays for quality young halves which makes sense considering Prince is past it, Wallace massive over rated & really, apart from Thurston, options are thin here on both teams.
Dont see DCE coming true but approaches on young Tigers halves could, should run them now Marshall has waved the red flag, or risk losing them.

joeboy said:
Horo to re-sign for two years

As per nrl.com article.

Hope it happens. Horo, Lawrence, Fa'aosa and Symonds have been real invigorating forces in the Manly surge this year. We could use them all next year.

MK Eagle said:
Plenty of whispers of Bris/Cows making plays for quality young halves which makes sense considering Prince is past it, Wallace massive over rated & really, apart from Thurston, options are thin here on both teams.
Dont see DCE coming true but approaches on young Tigers halves could, should run them now Marshall has waved the red flag, or risk losing them.

All the young Tigers halves have been signed to long term contracts.

hairylittlehobbit said:
From the Tele

"THE exodus from Parramatta has officially started. Unwanted three-quarter Cheyse Blair agreed to a two-year deal with Manly this week."

Does anyone know if this is confirmed ? Happen to think he has plenty to offer and can really see him kicking on at Manly.

the mauler said:
MK Eagle said:

Plus Brisbane want a kid from Canberra

the mauler said:
MK Eagle said:

I understand that Mauler, just watch what transpires on that
- watch also an approach on under contract Adam Reynolds.

I think the club will take active steps to now sign Liam Foran to a deal as I've heard one of the back-up halves Jason Seage has left the club - effective immediately.

Bearfax said:
joeboy said:
Horo to re-sign for two years

As per nrl.com article.

Hope it happens. Horo, Lawrence, Fa'aosa and Symonds have been real invigorating forces in the Manly surge this year. We could use them all next year.

http://nrl.com/unwanted-horo-starring-for-manly/tabid/10874/newsid/73757/default.aspx

Thanks Ryan. Hope he signs. And then Lawrence, Symonds and Fa'aoso. And they suggested the Manly pack were aging dinosaurs. If Sao, Trbojevic and one or two others prove that their potential can be converted into reality, we've got a good pack supporting Buhrer and Ballin, when Manly's long term group King, Kite, Watmough and Glenn Stewart along with Galavao have finally left the ranks.

Tom Burgess re-signed with Souths until the end of 2015 and George Burgess has re-signed until the end of 2016.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10