2013 GRAND FINAL Manly Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Remember Guys - Daylight Savings time, so game starts on hour earlier in QLD - please PM me the results, unlike GE - I can do without the stress at my time in life :p

Real shame that Nein have pushed the start back to 7:15pm AEDST, used to be 5pm :mad:

Pffft, stress is for whimps! :p:D

About this week:.....

Is the club or silvertails or some wizard doing a "send your wishes to the club?"

I guess like those telstra hero fax things?

Or should the team just log onto here?? lol *cough*

I dunno, just be nice to give some support.

Also: re the game: rorters seem to get a lot of offloads away. do you think we should have a scout running behind sbw as he passes when going down in a tackle a lot?

carry on.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-TELSTRA-HERO-MESSAGE-semnd-a-message-and-then-post-your-badge

You get a Badge Designed as well - they have been pretty awesome :)

Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 23 Sep
Get behind the boys this week! Send in your #GoManly pics tagged #FanArmy and we'll give the best a Manly makeover! pic.twitter.com/zDTIZPIfsb

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoManly&src=hash&mode=photos

1969 said:
Av8r said:
COMMANDER said:
Borders on being MIGOTY

I'm with Commander on this one. If we don't win this game our season's over!

Even if we do win our season is over lol

I was going to type that....then I thought someone might reply "What about the WCC?"

So...err...I didn't.

This Roosters side does give me the creeps. They are just so strong all over the park. Fa'aoso is a massive loss, irreplaceable really.

Thank the heavens that Snake will be 100%. We need him to be.

If you took notice of Jake Friend, and Aiden Guerra, last week, they were a power house. Those 2 alone blew the Knights out of the ballpark. Don't even mention the rest, it is scary to think of the talent in one team all peaking at one time.

Wolfman gave me heart failure coming inside from his wing. There was nobody to even attempt saving South's second try.

Not sure what Tooves can possibly have left in his bag of tricks. Last time we lost 4-0 and I think we won the penalty count 10-5 or something?

I honestly can only see two differences this time in.

The Snake is in the side.
(They have JWH back)
Lyon has straightened his kicking.
(They will be fitter for the run after the break)

No way can we be favourites for this one, we need the Roosters to hit a flat spot, or I think they will have too much for us. I am comforted though in our performance this year, and I know the boys will never give up.

I am content with this season so far. Anything more would be a bonus.

A miracle really,
and it would be the first time this great club has pulled off a miracle win.

The weakness in the roosters is definantly the right side defense. Skid is a bit of an arm grabber and Pearce should be peppered by the foz to horo shortballs (inside and out) all game. Matai running crash ball and snake swooping out the back to hit Matai with an out ball or cut outs to horhay.

I back our defence , but we need to execute perfectly to score points. And I think our left side holds the key in this particular match, and I'm sure they will do more homework on our left.

I'd be tempted to give choc a stint out on the left running of foz aswell , his gap running and footwork on the edges is sorely underused, but he ros such a mammoth job playing tight I can see why. But the grand final presents an opportunity for us to dish up some attack the cooks might not be ready for.

With Fa'aoso out TRed will have to play a big part here. I'd like to see him running the left side lines off Foz as I think Horo is carrying injury and suffering from a long hard season. Give them both half a game in 20 min stints. Buhrer can go all game with George and Hasson to inter with Kite and Lawrence.

They've got to work over SKD and both wingers. Foz should direct a lot of traffic at SKD hes got NFI defending. Also Tupou should be targeted his defence is also suspect.
With Snake back their defence will be in 2 minds and as shown in the Souths game that split second hesitation makes all the difference.

1969 said:
This Roosters side does give me the creeps. They are just so strong all over the park. Fa'aoso is a massive loss, irreplaceable really.

Thank the heavens that Snake will be 100%. We need him to be.

If you took notice of Jake Friend, and Aiden Guerra, last week, they were a power house. Those 2 alone blew the Knights out of the ballpark. Don't even mention the rest, it is scary to think of the talent in one team all peaking at one time.

Wolfman gave me heart failure coming inside from his wing. There was nobody to even attempt saving South's second try.

Not sure what Tooves can possibly have left in his bag of tricks. Last time we lost 4-0 and I think we won the penalty count 10-5 or something?

I honestly can only see two differences this time in.

The Snake is in the side.
(They have JWH back)
Lyon has straightened his kicking.
(They will be fitter for the run after the break)

No way can we be favourites for this one, we need the Roosters to hit a flat spot, or I think they will have too much for us. I am comforted though in our performance this year, and I know the boys will never give up.

I am content with this season so far. Anything more would be a bonus.

A miracle really,
and it would be the first time this great club has pulled off a miracle win.
@mickqld – demarcation dispute? This guys trying to take your job :D

Will this be the first time this year, we play the Roosters with our starting 1 -7?

I know we missed Foran in the 2nd game, and Snake in the 1st final. Can't recall if we were full strength in game one.

I was just having a look at the Chookpen in the game day thread for the GF and the Roosters fans think Snake will not make a difference to the result of the semi final, they say having JWH back cancels him out. Other teams really underestimate the Snake, its not till they get bitten that they realize what happened to them, i hope Brett scores a triple and sets up a few too just to rub it in :p

dowdz said:
Will this be the first time this year, we play the Roosters with our starting 1 -7?

I know we missed Foran in the 2nd game, and Snake in the 1st final. Can't recall if we were full strength in game one.

We were missing Snake in the first game as well. It has to be said that when we were missing Foran they also had Maloney out.

mcatt said:
dowdz said:

We were missing Snake in the first game as well. It has to be said that when we were missing Foran they also had Maloney out.

Thought that was the case. Thanks mcatt.

If they give us penalties in kicking range we need to kick the goals. They so t mind giving a penalty to keep the line in tact. If we keep getting points from it. That may change.

Everything Sea Eagles fans need to know for the 2013 Finals Series

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/finalshq

Berkeley_Eagle said:
interesting stat Manly have never lost to the Roosters with Shayne Hayne or Ashley Klein refereeing

Manly and the Roosters have never played each other at ANZ stadium

Manly v Roosters with sutton played 1 lost 1 and With Cummins won 1 lost 1

Cummins and Hayne to referee #NRLGF | Details here: http://t.co/QIeiwJUTdI

2013 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Match Officials

Referees: Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
Touch Judges: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner
Video Referees: Ashley Klein and Luke Patten
Standby Referee: Gerard Sutton

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12