2013 GRAND FINAL Manly Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you had a venomous cobra snake in front of you, hissing, spitting, fangs poking out, looking annoyed, . . . . and some other sundry creatures beside it, which of this collection would YOU be focussed on?
Just being there a snake creates the sort of doubt that defensive patterns cannot counter. If you ignore, will it bite, you and hence you'll not get across to stop the wolf, the killer or the humble skivy.

Good luck to Manly on Sunday, I really really hope you guys give it to the Roosters.

You guys absolutely deserve to be in the Grand Final and you should be immensely proud of your team.

- Love from a devoted Kennel member.

Gareth said:
Good luck to Manly on Sunday, I really really hope you guys give it to the Roosters.

You guys absolutely deserve to be in the Grand Final and you should be immensely proud of your team.

- Love from a devoted Kennel member.
Thanks buddy.
Great to see you aren't all like that gronk Mrs invisible :)

globaleagle said:
oh I think extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely unlikely!!

(Maybe I can freeze the site! lol #angryDan)

I won't open the laptop until I've seen the game and unfortunately wont wear any Manly gear outside as there are too many Aussies around and one will blurt out the result.

Why don't you do the $5.49 weekly pass from nrl.com and at least have the game live via your mobile and headphones if you are at work?

Or are you deep sea diving for sunken treasure while half the planet is on the sauce cheering go Manly?

[attachment=694]
We are a chance with this backline :angel:

2013 Statistics:
Wolfie - Top Try Scorer
Killer - Top Point Scorer
Snake - Highest Ratio for Tries per Games Played
Matai - Hardest Hitter
Horhey - Top Line Breaks, Top Meters Run, Second Highest Try Scorer

[attachment=678]

1969 said:
Why don't you do the $5.49 weekly pass from nrl.com and at least have the game live via your mobile and headphones if you are at work?

Or are you deep sea diving for sunken treasure while half the planet is on the sauce cheering go Manly?

Being overseas, none of the nrl passes work. I'll record the game, no worries there although it's on about 3am over here.

It's more the second part - diving for sunken treasure.

Actually...not too far from the truth! (ahar me hearties)

Work...pffffft

The Roosters not naming Cordner and LOD says to me they will definitely be there. Cordner was a close thing to playing last week so he will be a certainty for the GF. Probably see Napa and Liu drop off the bench.

MWSE said:
The Roosters not naming Cordner and LOD says to me they will definitely be there. Cordner was a close thing to playing last week so he will be a certainty for the GF. Probably see Napa and Liu drop off the bench.

Interesting, I thought nApa offered a lot last week, a better runner than odonnell.

2013 NRL Grand Final Official Teams List:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Interchange
14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Mitchell Aubusson
16. Isaac Liu
17. Dylan Napa

Coach: Trent Robinson

Sea Eagles
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Jamie Lyon (c)
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14. David Gower
15. Jamie Buhrer
16. Tom Symonds
17. George Rose
18. James Hasson
19. Peta Hiku

Coach:Geoff Toovey

http://m.nrl.com/news-display/official-grand-final-team-lists/74921

was making a joke to a friend the other day about what quality movie options 9 was providing on their HD channels instead of simulcasting the game. I brought up Gone With The Wind, because you know, it can only be experienced in HD glory.. what a film...

Today he sends me a screen shot of the tv guide and shock horror. It's Gone With The Wind on Gem followed by You've Got Mail.
Think i'm going to have to pass on the game, these options are just way too enticing over a game millions will be tuning in for. I mean.. when will these movies ever be broadcast again! You've done it again Nine... the home of rugby league

Sonny Bill Williams sat on the sidelines for Sydney Roosters training on Wednesday, but Boyd Cordner firmed as a likely starter for Sunday's grand final by taking part in the session.

Cordner and fellow forward Luke O'Donnell are fighting to prove their fitness for the season decider against Manly, and both participated in the light field session at Moore Park in an encouraging sign for the Roosters.

Mitchell Pearce also trained, having been quarantined from the rest of the team earlier this week after coming down with the flu.

Williams did not have his boots on and sat and watched as his team-mates warmed up with ball drills.

He was hampered by a calf injury in the lead-up to the finals series but has not missed a match, though he was suffering from food poisoning when he played last weekend's preliminary final win over Newcastle.

He was wearing a compression sock on Wednesday but would not appear to be in any doubt for what could be his last match of rugby league.

Neither Cordner nor O'Donnell was named in the Roosters' 17-man grand final team, but many believe both will be included.

Cordner has missed seven weeks with a broken ankle and has been racing the clock to be fit for the grand final.

Coach Trent Robinson has indicated he will rush the Dally M second rower of the year back for the clash if he is anything close to full fitness.

The 21-year-old has enjoyed a break-out season and played for New South Wales in State of Origin III in Sydney.

O'Donnell missed last week's preliminary final win over Newcastle with a hamstring injury, but running on Wednesday is a good sign for the veteran forward.

The former North Queensland hardman has grand final, State of Origin and Test experience, a valuable asset on the NRL's biggest stage.

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles are refusing to rule out a stunning comeback by forward Joe Galuvao for the grand final.

Galuvao has missed most of the season with an Achilles tendon injury but is aiming to be included on the Sea Eagles' bench.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-02/sonny-bill-williams-sits-out-sydney-roosters-training-ahead-of-/4993832?section=sport

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
was making a joke to a friend the other day about what quality movie options 9 was providing on their HD channels instead of simulcasting the game. I brought up Gone With The Wind, because you know, it can only be experienced in HD glory.. what a film...

Today he sends me a screen shot of the tv guide and shock horror. It's Gone With The Wind on Gem followed by You've Got Mail.
Think i'm going to have to pass on the game, these options are just way too enticing over a game millions will be tuning in for. I mean.. when will these movies ever be broadcast again! You've done it again Nine... the home of rugby league

You've got mail. Is that with America's sweethearts meg Ryan and tom hanks? Can't wait!

Can't believe this most important thread has fallen to page 2 already. Too much fluff being posted. Too many looking beyond this game. We are really up against it this time. Souffs were mentally weak, the Rorters won't be. They have been the benchmark all year and they are focused and determined. We have performed outstandingly in this finals series and this game should be a bottler BUT I just think we have been to the well one too many times. The boys have been running purely on adrenaline and I think that won't be enough to get us over the line. To fall at the final hurdle will be heartbreaking but we can all be proud of how our team have performed.
Roosters by 8.

mickqld said:
Can't believe this most important thread has fallen to page 2 already. Too much fluff being posted. Too many looking beyond this game. We are really up against it this time. Souffs were mentally weak, the Rorters won't be. They have been the benchmark all year and they are focused and determined. We have performed outstandingly in this finals series and this game should be a bottler BUT I just think we have been to the well one too many times. The boys have been running purely on adrenaline and I think that won't be enough to get us over the line. To fall at the final hurdle will be heartbreaking but we can all be proud of how our team have performed.
Roosters by 8.
Now I can place some bets on Manly to win!!

mickqld said:
Roosters by 8.

The bookies can be wrong but are usually right.

$1.65 Roosters / $2.30 Manly sounds about right to me.

IF we win this it will be one of the greatest victories ever for our team.

No fluff, we are really pushing **** up hill for this one !!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7