2013 GRAND FINAL Manly Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
2013-grandfinalinfo.jpg

nrl2013-gfbanner.jpg

images from LU

going to be a cracker of a game

Twitter follow
@manlyseaeagles
@NeilEvansmail
@NRL @LeagueUnlimited
@TripleM_NRLlive
@FOXSportsNews
@FOXNRL
for live updates and chat

Hashtags
#NRLGF
#GoManly #NrlMANSyd
#SeaEag13s

#MiGoty

Grand Final tickets will be available through Ticketek online, by calling 132 849 or visiting a Ticketek outlet.

All tickets to the NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium include return travel on public transport.

With a number of other major events occurring in the area, fans are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the additional and direct services in operation. Arrive early to beat the crowds and soak up the Grand Final atmosphere at the pre-game party to start outside ANZ Stadium from noon.

Need to do a Cam Smith type containment of Jake Friend. Can't get over how quick he is.

Fast and Furious - I can hear Choc smacking his lips in anticipation now :p

May the best Manly Team win :angel:

Repeat GF appearances by:

1 Anthony Watmough
2 Brent Kite
3 Brett Stewart
4 Glenn Stewart
5 Jamie Lyon
6 Steve Matai
7 Matt Ballin
8 Daly Cherry-Evans
9 George Rose
10 Jamie Buhrer
11 Kieran Foran
12 David Williams

13 Richie Fa'aoso (Scumos) sadly out with broken neck :angel:

As well - in memoriam of Jason Annear :angel:

Stewart deserves to play in grand final, says Burgess

Manly back-rower Glenn Stewart has an important backer in his corner as he looks to be cleared for next Sunday's grand final - the player who was felled by him, South Sydney's Sam Burgess.
As Stewart sweats on the match review committee's viewing of his fourth-minute hit on Burgess in Friday's preliminary final, won 30-20 by Manly, the English forward hoped the Sea Eagles lock would be cleared.
''I hope he plays next week,'' Burgess said. ''I would hate for him to miss a grand final. I can't comment on the incident, but I wouldn't wish it upon anyone to miss a grand final. For his sake, I hope he plays.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/stewart-deserves-to-play-in-grand-final-says-burgess-20130928-2ul4l.html#ixzz2gE7txXIS

Choc for MOM. Thanks to bones got on Choc at $51. Now into $14. Go get em Choco. :D

I dare say their game plan will revolve around rushing up on Snake, Chezza, Foz and Jamie with multiple tacklers, denying them any space to create anything. I hope Toovs has foreseen this and has a plan to take advantage of that in some way.

I have LOADS of confidence that the boys, with Snake now back, will improve on their performance against them 2 weeks ago. Go well boys!!!

Manly v Roosters all games
played 123
Won 79
draw 2
lost 41
points F: 2435 (431-462-18)
Points A: 1798 (296-380-10)

Manly v Roosters Finals games
played 7
Won 5
lost 2
points F: 107 (17-24-2)
Points A: 90 (14-21-0)
interesting stat Manly have never lost to the Roosters with Shayne Hayne or Ashley Klein refereeing

Manly and the Roosters have never played each other at ANZ stadium

Manly v Roosters with sutton played 1 lost 1 and With Cummins won 1 lost 1

Jennings limped off in the final minutes last night, not spoken about by the easts loving commentary team. He was bent backwards in a tackle. Anyone heard anything?

I was confident we would win if we played Newcastle.. now I'm a bit worried. But we've played Roosters 3 times this year - we've learnt their game.

I'm devastated that I'll be working but the main thing is that I actually work at ANZ Stadium so I'll at least be there, trying to contain my excitement while giving out beers.

manlyforever08 said:
I was confident we would win if we played Newcastle.. now I'm a bit worried. But we've played Roosters 3 times this year - we've learnt their game.

I'm devastated that I'll be working but the main thing is that I actually work at ANZ Stadium so I'll at least be there, trying to contain my excitement while giving out beers.

Excellent free beers for all Silvertails posters :D

What bar will u be in? ;)

Haha sadly that isn't the case!

Haha we don't find out til the day. But I'll have as much Manly gear on as possible - so that means lots of ribbons in my hair :D hopefully my bar has a TV.

manlyforever08 said:
Haha sadly that isn't the case!

Haha we don't find out til the day. But I'll have as much Manly gear on as possible - so that means lots of ribbons in my hair :D hopefully my bar has a TV.

Surely if someone whispers say "shoe" you'll give a freebie?

Clint said:
Choc for MOM. Thanks to bones got on Choc at $51. Now into $14. Go get em Choco. :D

Lol I'm glad someone did, because I didn't. I did the same thing in 2011. When Glenn first got suspended I said he will get the Churchill medal and I didn't put anything on it. Hope it comes off for you mate ;)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4