1st November player scramble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Wouldn't it be better if the NRL had a televised trading day? It could be on the Sunday following the week of private negotiations after November 1, and all the clubs would assemble in an auditorium to finalise their upcoming rosters; a poor man's version of the IPL recruitment event.
I know RL doesn't have a draft but each club could start by introducing the juniors it is bringing into its development squad, with a video backstory. Then it would be on to the players up for transfer and, to RL nuts like us, it would be much more interesting than having all the recruitment news dribbled out between seasons.
Yep. Anything would be better then what we have now. The only people who seem to benefit from the current system are the player managers, and the dribbler journalists who need the weekly rumour files to remain relevant.

Perspective current game time....

In the current fast game Speed Kills and speedy backs including speedy centres that can break the line and game wide open RULE .

In the current fast game lack of speed is a liability in both attack and defence because you cannot stop what you cannot catch

My Christmas wish for 2022 is a Speedy mother fcker line breaking centre
Not sure how much cap money we have left after player upgrades, and not to mention Chez who we continue to throw buckets of money at. We need to get behind Harper and Parker, their not as bad as what people on here make them out to be. Just curious, how much was Bullemore, anybody know..?

Not sure how much cap money we have left after player upgrades, and not to mention Chez who we continue to throw buckets of money at. We need to get behind Harper and Parker, their not as bad as what people on here make them out to be. Just curious, how much was Bullemore, anybody know..?
I am not sure how much money was thrown at the Raging Bull but he will be great value for us

I am sure the club has centre options for 2022 as we can not put our premiership winning hopes in one basket .

This is what putting our eggs / centre position hopes in one basket means .....

If someone puts all their eggs in one basket, they put all their effort or resources into doing one thing so that, if it fails, they have no alternatives left. The key word here is diversify; don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I am not sure how much money was thrown at the Raging Bull but he will be great value for us

I am sure the club has centre options for 2022 as we can not put our premiership winning hopes in one basket .

This is what putting our eggs / centre position hopes in one basket means .....

If someone puts all their eggs in one basket, they put all their effort or resources into doing one thing so that, if it fails, they have no alternatives left. The key word here is diversify; don't put all your eggs in one basket.
My point is Bozo, maybe we can't afford other centre options. Depends what positions Des wants to bolster the team with, either forwards or backs. They say forwards win matches, we now have Bullymore and Des may think we need one more. Harper and Parker went well for the majority of last season, and with a good pre season under their belt and with all injury niggles gone, it's all looking good.

My point is Bozo, maybe we can't afford other centre options. Depends what positions Des wants to bolster the team with, either forwards or backs. They say forwards win matches, we now have Bullymore and Des may think we need one more. Harper and Parker went well for the majority of last season, and with a good pre season under their belt and with all injury niggles gone, it's all looking good.
I understand that you have the best interest of our club and the point you are making that maybe we cant afford other centre options

I also love our club and want it to have success as much as you and I believe we cannot afford to put all our eggs in once basket in the centres and we should have a back up plan ....A plan B

I look at having a plan B as critical as driving around without a spare tyre feathered friend
sexy-dressed-female-body-holding-260nw-293257202.jpg

Way I see it, the club being interested in momerovsky suggest we certainly have some funds for a centre and are very much on the hunt.
When we start to upgrade

The only way is up .

Good is never Good enough

We should keep striving for better

To be better than the rest .

Manly Sea eagles should be nothing but the very best !!!

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I
I'd be surprised if we bought any more forwards. With Bullemore and Davey back in and the re signing of Boyle we are stacked! Definitely short an outside back though and that should be our priority.

Every NRL player able to negotiate for 2023 from today​

Manly Sea Eagles​

The Sea Eagles single biggest questions seem to be around Kieran Foran and Martin Taupau. Foran is ageing, but had a possibly career-best year in 2021, while Taupau is reportedly going to be cut free.

Ben Trbojevic is the other name the Sea Eagles simply must secure in a hurry. It's almost amazing it hasn't been done yet.

Full off-contract list

I

I'd be surprised if we bought any more forwards. With Bullemore and Davey back in and the re signing of Boyle we are stacked! Definitely short an outside back though and that should be our priority.
Your comments are valid Robbo, but we went through a horror run of injuries in the forwards, with Boyle & Davey season ending ones and followed by Sirro from the start. Then having Jake, Pesaka, schuster and Saddler out for lengthy spells. Maybe Des wants extra insurance in case this happens again.

The fact that so far we've only signed Bullemor suggests we've had to wait until today to put offers to certain others. Offers for 2023. And as we all know, when that occurs then suddenly the possibility arises of bringing it forward for 2022. I'm sure we are looking at one or two contracted players, but no idea who.
It wont be long before we are awash with player offers and rumoured signings, it'll be a feeding frenzy for Club Forum sites, League jurnos and sports shows, it'll be entertaining though !!

I don't think this date has any significance. It is a sham, and there won't be a feeding frenzy today. Lots of discussions are going on all the time about players and offers. There will be the same amount of signing news this week as there was last week, and every week.

Manly Sea Eagles​

The Sea Eagles single biggest questions seem to be around Kieran Foran and Martin Taupau. Foran is ageing, but had a possibly career-best year in 2021, while Taupau is reportedly going to be cut free.

Ben Trbojevic is the other name the Sea Eagles simply must secure in a hurry. It's almost amazing it hasn't been done yet.

Full off-contract list

I'm yet to be sold on Ben T. His few games in NSW cup were fairly unimpressive. Maybe a punishing off season will bulk him up but he'll only be an emergency reserve at this stage.

I'm yet to be sold on Ben T. His few games in NSW cup were fairly unimpressive. Maybe a punishing off season will bulk him up but he'll only be an emergency reserve at this stage.
To be fair not much of an opportunity to show us either, but I get where you are coming from, just because of his name doesn't make him a superstar.

Manly Sea Eagles​

Full off-contract list

Boyle & Taufua resigned with Manly weeks ago whilst the club has taken up Foran’s 2022 option so not sure how reliable that list is???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10