1st November player scramble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No t
I just like him as a player.

Centres where I think we need to invest the greatest amount of cash.

We know he goes good at fullback. I wouldn't say centre is his perfect spot, but I said the same about Jamie Lyon and for a five eight he certainly went ok out wide. Just feel he'd add to the squad no matter where he popped up.

I'm a big believer that U pick your best 17 players and the positions to a large extent take care of themselves.

@Robbo speaks alot about a natural footballer, and to my eyes this lad has that in spades.
Know the family well and there is no way he could handle centre especially defensively. He also doesn’t like playing fullback and sees himself as a half and from all reports he likes it up there.

Interesting indeed. Might depend on what we are expecting from Tuipulotu next year? Our ST spies don't seem to have been impressed with what he did this year, but surely we signed him on some sound basis. Surely!!
I'm tipping 2022 is a breakout year for him.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Tuipulotu came with big wraps and personally I did not see any big plays from him from the limited times I saw him play . Hopefully as you say he will live up to his potential and make an impact in 2022

Classy centre is a sexy position on the field and I miss the likes of sexy Lyon and Matai

Classy centre is a sexy position on the field and I miss the likes of sexy Lyon and Matai

Not in the current game it isn't

Centre is arguably the weakest position on the field atm.

The gun centres all want to play elsewhere, Burton and Staggs to 5/8.
Manu would play fullback anywhere else.

Olam the one that comes to mind

Not in the current game it isn't

Centre is arguably the weakest position on the field atm.

The gun centres all want to play elsewhere, Burton and Staggs to 5/8.
Manu would play fullback anywhere else.

Olam the one that comes to mind
Perspective current game time....

In the current fast game Speed Kills and speedy backs including speedy centres that can break the line and game wide open RULE .

In the current fast game lack of speed is a liability in both attack and defence because you cannot stop what you cannot catch

My Christmas wish for 2022 is a Speedy mother fcker line breaking centre

Speed kills

and the faster you go

The bigger the mediocre mess you leave behind

Yeah I’m struggling with the $$$ for the losses , a few upgrades ( Marty’s last year with us hurts ) and Bullemor incoming.

Surely that’s not it.
If that is all and that's it you can kiss us goodbye making the preliminary final again next year.

We can't be going into next year with only 1 major signing I just don't think it's healthy for us as a squad.

I hope we get a few more signings in the coming weeks.

If that is all and that's it you can kiss us goodbye making the preliminary final again next year.

We can't be going into next year with only 1 major signing I just don't think it's healthy for us as a squad.

As of today we have 27 contracted players in the 30. Yes that assumes Walker has re-signed, but doesn't include De Luis. It also doesn't include S Fainu, but obviously includes M Fainu. We also have only 2 out of 4 contracted to the development squad. So 5 spots available, with S Fainu a "probable" into the 30, and Fletcher Myers a "possible" into the development squad. That leaves 2 spots in the 30 and 1 spot in the development squad. So logically we should have some news on a minimum of 3 signings between now and the 2022 season.

Corey Allan being shopped by the dogs apparently. Would make for a handy winger and fullback cover for turbs considering the pooches would likely be paying some of his contract. Though I think Reuben with another offseason might be pretty solid for the role.
We got those positions covered, Jorge....why waste money when we don't have to....

As of today we have 27 contracted players in the 30. Yes that assumes Walker has re-signed, but doesn't include De Luis. It also doesn't include S Fainu, but obviously includes M Fainu. We also have only 2 out of 4 contracted to the development squad. So 5 spots available, with S Fainu a "probable" into the 30, and Fletcher Myers a "possible" into the development squad. That leaves 2 spots in the 30 and 1 spot in the development squad. So logically we should have some news on a minimum of 3 signings between now and the 2022 season.
Speaking of Manase Fainu, next season it's make or break on Manase. Love the guy and what he brings to the table, and can see why we let go Api K for MF. But, we can't be signing on players or giving contract extensions to players who may or may not be cleared by the courts. Got my fingers crossed on MF though, and hopping we see some of him in the middle of next year ?

I am begging you to read or listen to Ben Darwin and the value of squad consistency

Considering the market , cap space

Tomorrow is the day , well it’s the day it all starts not when it’s all announced.

Although it could be, which means they e already been negotiating …..surely not !!

Lol

Tomorrow is the day , well it’s the day it all starts not when it’s all announced.

Although it could be, which means they e already been negotiating …..surely not !!

Lol
I think a lot of it is done and dusted already. Once all that is formalised, all the other predetermined dominos will fall into place. The whole system is a joke.

I think a lot of it is done and dusted already. Once all that is formalised, all the other predetermined dominos will fall into place. The whole system is a joke.
Yeah. Wouldn't it be better if the NRL had a televised trading day? It could be on the Sunday following the week of private negotiations after November 1, and all the clubs would assemble in an auditorium to finalise their upcoming rosters; a poor man's version of the IPL recruitment event.
I know RL doesn't have a draft but each club could start by introducing the juniors it is bringing into its development squad, with a video backstory. Then it would be on to the players up for transfer and, to RL nuts like us, it would be much more interesting than having all the recruitment news dribbled out between seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8