1st November player scramble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an article saying that Ponga's last 2 years on his Knights contract states that he can only leave IF Knights win the comp. Highly unlikely and even more unlikely Knights will let him leave so I think we can put a line through Ponga going to Dolphins, after all it's not like they can offer a player swap of any kind.
Forget the article .....
Contracts
Records
Hearts
and defensive lines are meant to be broken feathered friend

I’m very happy with the roster and if we can get the young Knight’s player and keep most of our juniors, we’ll be right up there for the next 3 to 5 years.

I think Thor and Tippytoes will play centre either some games next year and definitely 2023.

I’m very happy with the roster and if we can get the young Knight’s player and keep most of our juniors, we’ll be right up there for the next 3 to 5 years.

I think Thor and Tippytoes will play centre either some games next year and definitely 2023.
Who is this Thor feathered friend ?

Tell us about him . How fast is he ?

Speed Kills !

Ponga’s contract is in his favour for ‘23&’24
Fox League’s James Hooper revealed in Jimmy Brings that Ponga has a clause in his contract that requires the Knights to taste premiership success before 2023 in order for him to activate his player options for 2023 and 2024.
What that means is that a Newcastle title this year or next would allow Ponga to activate his player options for the last two years of his deal; if they don’t then the clause will expire.

So if the Knights don't win the Premiership in '22 Ponga is off-contract on Nov 1 '22. They are no chance of winning it so he will be the Phins No1 target for sure.

Fox League’s James Hooper revealed in Jimmy Brings that Ponga has a clause in his contract that requires the Knights to taste premiership success before 2023 in order for him to activate his player options for 2023 and 2024.
What that means is that a Newcastle title this year or next would allow Ponga to activate his player options for the last two years of his deal; if they don’t then the clause will expire.

So if the Knights don't win the Premiership in '22 Ponga is off-contract on Nov 1 '22. They are no chance of winning it so he will be the Phins No1 target for sure.
Ponga has a player option in his favour for 2023 and 2024 but the catch is the Knights have to win the premiership either this season or next year.

They’re clearly a hundred to one and drifting this year and next year they’d need to improve a dozen or more lengths on where they sit right now.

Crucially, that means Ponga is NOT a free agent as of November 1 in terms of rival NRL clubs being able to table him an offer for 2023 and beyond.

The catch is the Knights also agreed to allow Ponga an exit clause if rugby union and the All Blacks come knocking.

I think he is contracted to Knights and can only activate a "get out" clause if they win a comp.

Last edited:

That's not right mate. IF he was off contract in 2023 as you say then he would be a free agent as of yesterday! Can he only activate a get out clause if they win a comp? otherwise he will be a knight in 23 and 24

Last edited:
That's not right mate. IF he was off contract in 2023 as you say then he would be a free agent as of yesterday! He can only activate a get out clause if they win a comp otherwise he will be a knight in 23 and 24
No. He will only be off contract and a free agent AFTER the clause is fulfilled. That will happen at the end of the '22 regular season if they do not make the 8 OR after they are out of the finals games if they make the 8 OR after the grand final. I was only posting a reported story...you can dislike it all you want mate.

Sivo has never been the same players since the storm destroyed him in the semi final a couple of years ago
This was the beginning of the end for Sivo

Attachments

• 6B0C4699-D8CD-4E1C-B92E-37EC9B5C155D.jpeg
    6B0C4699-D8CD-4E1C-B92E-37EC9B5C155D.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 304
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14